Possible SB2C to be developed.......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible SB2C to be developed.......

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries

Possible SB2C to be developed.......

Okay guys. Here's the deal. I've talked to one of the major developers for FSX, and they are considering doing a model of a Helldiver IF the technical photos of details like the interior and such things necessary to do a top notch model can be found. I have very little info on the SB2C, but I know some of you guys have tons of photos and drawings of every aircraft imaginable. Here's our chance to see the SB2C get a little stick time in FSX. Please post what you find here. Thanks.

Edit: To put things in perspective, this would be a payware project. I was not detailed by anyone to do the research for it. I volunteered to help to see if there was enough info available to allow the developer to produce an accurate model, as they strive for accuracy in all their projects. I am asking for SOH's help because I know there are others here who would love to see this plane done, and there are many folks here who are fans of Naval Aviation who may have a source of info that would help this project. I approached the developer with the request to make this plane. It may or may not happen. I'm sorry I was not more specific in my post. Thanks for your understanding.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I'll start with my findings first...The first link is to some drawings of the cockpit layout. The second link is the intro page for two pages of detailed photos of the CAF's Helldiver. The second one is good stuff!

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft...sb2c_pit.shtml

http://www.ipmsusa2.org/Walkarounds/...iver/Intro.htm

Good work! I'd like to see a Helldiver for FsX:salute:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Fantastic!!! I believe we have the good fortune of having a WWII Naval Aviator here in the forums who actually flew a Helldiver!! I believe he goes by the same name,I hope he'll report in as I'm sure he'd have a wealth of knowledge.

ps I'd be very interested in buying this product!:salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Blog Entries
    I think there many of us here who would line up to buy this one....

Charter Member 2011
    wonder how many pictures helldiver has ..?
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Blog Entries
    I'll bet he could help. He went offline just as I was posting this thread. Maybe he'll pop back in here soon...

SB2C

"The SB2C Hell diver was the most successful dive bomber of the War. Because of its poor handling and stability, the pilots referred to it as the ""SOB 2nd Class ...

Quote Originally Posted by AZ1USN View Post
    "The SB2C Hell diver was the most successful dive bomber of the War. Because of its poor handling and stability, the pilots referred to it as the ""SOB 2nd Class ...
    That should get Helldiver's attention. I'm going to duck under this table.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Charter Member 2011
    yup, run for cover everybody!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Not to put the Helldiver down, it did turn into a good airplane, but the most successful of WW2 I think would be the SBD as far as tonnage sunk.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    yup, run for cover everybody!
    but the most successful of WW2 I think would be the SBD as far as tonnage sunk.
    Oh boy. Someone get the popcorn . . :d
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Master of Disaster
    I'd buy it! For two reason's: (1) I love WWII Naval aviation. (2) Our Helldiver! I think it would be a fitting reward for a man that has given so much for his country. God bless the cranky oldman! It's beyond value having someone with REAL WORLD knowledge like Helldiver around, he's been there and done that!! :salute:
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Not to put the Helldiver down, it did turn into a good airplane, but the most successful of WW2 I think would be the SBD as far as tonnage sunk.
    & i wonder where the Ju87 would fit in that statement????

Quote Originally Posted by Guruswarmyoz View Post
    Or the Fairey Swordfish?

I'd love to see the SB2C - anything WWII is fine in my book. Ultimately I'd like to see it up to the standards of developers like Vertigo with their recent SBD, anything A2A makes and MilViz.

Will the tail fall off on landing like the real one?

just trying to add some levity here...I'd love to see a Beast for FSX.

-G-

Quote Originally Posted by Guruswarmyoz View Post
    Sorry I should have said the best American made for tonnage sunk.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Charter Member 09

SB2Cs Forever

Thank you Quicksilver for giving a great airplane your artistry. I'll be glad to work with you where ever you need me.
    As far as tonnage sunk by SBD, it goes without comment. Its active time was 1942.
    Again, I thank you sir,
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Flight manuals can be had from
    flight-manuals-on-cd.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

raptor19
    The SB2C would be another very nice addition for FSX especially as no one else seems to have picked up on it yet. It would most definitely fill another warbird slot and I amongst many would be very interested in adding it to the collection.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad to see this thread grow in my absence, for which I apologize.. I've been on the road since Sunday with no internet until now. I have not spoken with the developer since then, but I am hoping they're watching this thread too. Thanks for the excellent links, Jan and Piglet, and all the positive input, guys. Let's see if we've generated the interest necessary to see this project take off....:mixedsmi::salute:

PS: Helldiver, I couldn't ever attempt a project like this. I am only attempting to drum up the support and drive to persuade the afore-mentioned developer:mixedsmi: to take on this task. I appreciate them for even considering it. You, my friend, are the one we should all be thanking..:salute::USA-flag:

Just as a follow up, did anything eventuate with the SB2C? Sure would be a shame if it slid off the map.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'd like to see a Helldiver for FsX:salute:
    Me too. As a rule, I stick with the civilian stuff in FSX, but a good model of one of the less glamorous warhorses is always very welcome. I wish developers would do more of them.

Members who have read this thread: 0