SBD Dauntless released.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: SBD Dauntless released.

SBD Dauntless released.

Brought to you by Vertigo Studios

£21 / $32 / €23

Built only for FSX SP1, SP2 and Acceleration (no planned version for FS9), the SBD Dauntless has a highly detailed virtual cockpit complete with 3d gauges and authentic textures, as well as switches to arm and drop the bomb.

With animations present and correct, including the crucial tail hook for those carrier landings. The authentic sound recordings also adds to the immersion as you open up the throttle and watch how the self shadowing, bump mapping and spectacular highlights bring any of the 6 carefully selected paint schemes to life.

Charter Member 2011
    picked it up when it was hot of the press, havnt flown it much but love it so far, got a nice bbq going after the first flight
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

lol, go easy with her shes new you know.

On Another Planet
    Sadly I will have to wait on this one. It looks great though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Very odd markings on that second one. Nice looking model, however.

Charter Member 2011
    Very odd markings on that second one. Nice looking model, however
    No.25 Sqn RNZAF Bouganville 1944 acording to the manual
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Effects are amiss

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    lol, go easy with her shes new you know.
    I too have experienced the "Flaming" effects and smoke but also noticed that I
    can trigger it off and on with the "L" Lights key. I opened the cowling and the
    oil cooler and take off. Eventually the flames and smoke appear but I can dismiss
    that effect by pressing the "L" key or make it appear. At least for me that has happened.

:isadizzy:

A mighty fine rendition this is! I had a bit of a smoke-out after landing at Troutdale last night, but as long as I'm pointing into the wind I can still see.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ1USN View Post
    I too have experienced the "Flaming" effects and smoke but also noticed that I
    can trigger it off and on with the "L" Lights key. I opened the cowling and the
    oil cooler and take off. Eventually the flames and smoke appear but I can dismiss
    that effect by pressing the "L" key or make it appear. At least for me that has happened.

mine was more a case of firewalling it

dsawan
    Nice work. Any chance on a cfs 2 version. that pit is awesome.

gajit
    Its just fantastic and goes well with the Hellcat

Congrats Deano and team, she looks beautyfull inside and out.
    Will get her at next opportunity.:salute:
    Mathias

Blog Entries
    the only critique i could make on this plane is that the sound seems about 800 to 1000 rpm slow at the top end of the throttle.. but heh.. i aint no expert

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    No.25 Sqn RNZAF Bouganville 1944 acording to the manual
    Thanks, Stiz. It was the yellow on the fuselage roundel that threw me. The RAF had that early in the war, but I didn't know about the Kiwi SBDs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Its just fantastic and goes well with the Hellcat

I love these shot. Especially this one. (except for the lack of a pilot LOL) Gagit, you take nice screenshots. The evening one are beautiful.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Master of Disaster
    Great plane, I love it!! It's right up there next to my Kitty which is one of my top five favorites!!:ernae:
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

I hope your making room for our F4F Wildcat also

I was a huge dauntless fan when I was a kid, I have a book laying around somewhere about naval bombers from WW2, showcasing the dauntless, helldiver, and avenger, I very well may have to pick this up.

One of the aircraft that single-handedly changed the war in the Pacific --- in just a few short minutes. History is often decided in minutes.

Very nice and like deimos I was also a Dauntless lover when I was a kid.....this will definitely be a future acquisition....(I'm rationing myself).
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Hi Deano
    is there any other way (than PayPal) to pay for your Dauntless ????
    (I'm not in good terms with Paypal )
    Italo

Hi Italoc, Im currently looking into another payment option, but this wont be happening over night.

Quote Originally Posted by italoc View Post
    Hi Deano
    is there any other way (than PayPal) to pay for your Dauntless ????
    (I'm not in good terms with Paypal )
    Italo

Hi Italoc, Im currently looking into another payment option, but this wont be happening over night.
    OK Fine
    I'll wait patiently
    Italo

Looks fantastic, good look with sales Dean.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Deano, I can't quit flying this plane! I think the Hellcat is going to be a little jealous for a while, as I'll be punching holes in the sky with your SBD... As a sidenote, I noticed the early war scheme lacks markings on the wing bottoms.. I can't document it either way, bacause I have no photos of the underside of this particular aircraft. Just seemed a bit odd to me.. Regardless, I'll be flying nothing else for a good while. Thanks for putting so much love and hard work into this creation. I assure you that every bead of sweat and case of heartburn that you and your team endured during development has helped this plane mature into one of the most awesome planes I've ever flown.

Master of Disaster
    I hope your making room for our F4F Wildcat also
    OMG FINALLY SOMEONE IS DOING A WILDKITTY!! OMG
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Members who have read this thread: 1