Wozza'sT6 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wozza'sT6

Speaking of yellow birds, any chance someone might be interested in doing one of the Blue Angels SNJ schemes?

http://aerobaticteams.net/Blue_Angel...os_Planes.html

Attachment 933

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Been doing some carrier circuts and bumps with it. Yes looking forward to a SNJ (Navy version) with an animated hook. The hook is there, just not animated! Am I not reading something, not getting the tailwheel to swivel (in the animation).

Aerobatic enough, does a sweet hammerhead turn. great three point!

Cheers: T
    Should work Tom...It wont drop if aircraft's not running though
    basically use the options panel check the tail hook,then the default key stroke or use the handle right hand sill just behind the panel dome light.
    Ill be if I can catch a cable and save the prop I could move the hook back a bit in the aircraft.cfg but I like the fact you have to hit the deck just right or else she noses over ....I just cant do it all the time lol

Just a note to reprinters, hold off uploading your repaints for a day or two,ver1.2 is just about done and this uses
    a new texture for the engine cowl which will fix the blackout mapping and make it easier to do the chequered pattern
    ...any other bugs to report ???
    Wozza
    The source code for Vista may very well be the longest suicide note in history

I don't know if it's a bug, but ADF knob don't rotate after cklick, I think. And no digits after power on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vratan View Post
    I don't know if it's a bug, but ADF knob don't rotate after cklick, I think. And no digits after power on.
    There is a bug with the ADF and it's documented in the "read me" file.

The adf and com radios need the avionics switch on(red lights on radio face will light) and the volume switch clicked or mouse wheeled on, the adf has a bug somewhere ,so it also needs one of the tune knobs turned (via the mouse wheel) to start working
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Oups, sorry and thank you for the information

Looking forward to the update! Want to start painting that cowling!

Attachment 986
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Yep, she's a good carrier trainer. Been using the CV6 Enterprise with AI carriers. As with a number of other planes that I have used for arrested landings in FSX accel the nose over pitch on catching a wire is dependent on the over the deck speed at touchdown. A good check on your technique!

I knew some folks who flew this as an advanced trainer in WWII and they though it was a real handful. Perhaps a statement about their lack of expertise at the time? This one seems pretty benign. Another friend had as a would be Naval Aviator his first plane a T-28, indeed a piece of heavy iron!

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Yep, she's a good carrier trainer. Been using the CV6 Enterprise with AI carriers. As with a number of other planes that I have used for arrested landings in FSX accel the nose over pitch on catching a wire is dependent on the over the deck speed at touchdown. A good check on your technique!

I knew some folks who flew this as an advanced trainer in WWII and they though it was a real handful. Perhaps a statement about their lack of expertise at the time? This one seems pretty benign. Another friend had as a would be Naval Aviator his first plane a T-28, indeed a piece of heavy iron!

Hi Tom
    Yeah she is a bit to balanced/benign I always tend to err on the side of soft fde as it empowers the end user
    and Im not much on fde know a few tricks thats about it
    you can alter section 1534 to a positive number and she will be more of a handfull...have you gotten into a spin yet ?

thanks
    Wozza

well a pair of WIP shots from me as i work on bare metal for the beasty... Hellenic Air Force style...

Just Uploaded the updated ver to avsim.com and simavation (FSDS_T6_VER1.1.zip)
    this is a complete package so just delete the orig and drop in the new aircraft.
    Wozza

Much appreciated Wozza, she is a great aircraft.

Thank you for this amazing aircraft, I have done 2 NZ paints for it and with this new update I have been able to finish them but would it be possible to remove the spinner.

thanks again

Kade

Quote Originally Posted by kcgb View Post
    Thank you for this amazing aircraft, I have done 2 NZ paints for it and with this new update I have been able to finish them but would it be possible to remove the spinner.

thanks again

Kade
    Hi
    I did do the bare prop boss but didnt include it as I never could bet the blurred part looking right due to the animation.
    also it was pretty nasty in the polly count
    Basically the texan was just a personal project to have play with what is possible in fsx from a design point of view, its the reason there only 1 model and its a bit of a mess
    Are there any more variants coming ? .....not from me,but there maybe others at a later date by one of the ppl that worked on this project.
    Cheers
    Wozza

Thanks Woz!:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Three Repaints just about ready

Here are some shots of the third repaint of Wozza's great T-4 Texan.

Attachment 1267 Attachment 1268 Attachment 1269 Attachment 1270

Great! Thanks Tom:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey all,

Just curious. Is Wozza's T6 available anywhere else other then Flightsim.com? I cant seem to download it there. I am registered, logged in, and it will not allow me to download it.

Many thanks,

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey all,

Just curious. Is Wozza's T6 available anywhere else other then Flightsim.com? I cant seem to download it there. I am registered, logged in, and it will not allow me to download it.

Many thanks,

Bill
    Hi Bill
    Look on avsim or simaviation for FSDS_T6_VER1.1.zip
    Thats the fully updated package
    Wozza

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey all,

Many thanks,

Bill
    Glad to see that someone else also has probs with d/loading from Flightsim. Been driving me nuts! At least i'll be able to grab it from Avsim.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Left side of cockpit, red handle - you click it and it moves forwards then back by itself.

Wozza, I really like you Texan. Any thought to making a Harvard version?

There is nothing quite like reading instructions! If only I did....:isadizzy:
    My only issue with this awesome plane was steering on the ground; I could never get the tailwheel unlocked...
    ...then the other night I decided to "zoom in" on the panel to read the notices - and there is the instruction - hold stick forward to unlock tailwheel - and it works beautifully!
    What an amazing piece of engineering - fantastic!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

The mustang is the same, hold the stick forward and the tailwheel unlocks!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!