Wozza'sT6 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wozza'sT6

Quote Originally Posted by X_eidos2 View Post
    I'm having the same problems as Laterial-G, but I didn't want to say anything since I'm the payware competitor, and anything I say would be suspect. I'm running FSX with Accel and I have a 7 year old P4 machine. The only reason I bother to write now is to let it be known that Laterial-G is not the only one having a problem.

I don't know if people have discovered this or not, but Wozza's model has a tail hook option. I was going to try landing it on the USS Monterey, but my computer locked up completely for the fourth time, so I gave up trying.

Despite my troubles I think it's a brilliant bit of modeling. I also think people should be made aware that Wozza was a big help in my development of the SkyUnlimited Texans as well. A true gentleman.
    Hi John
    thanks for the info.The texan was built on a 6 year old p4 and flown till about 3 weeks ago on the same system(just upgraded a little)
    Im at a loss at what is causing this, only thing I can think off is the amount of textures or some other item in the external model causing the crash ...we tried changing the sounds and the issues still there??
    if anyone else is having any issues at all post away.Ive not received any emails but as its freeware ppl might just give up and delete it
    Thanks
    Wozza
    The source code for Vista may very well be the longest suicide note in history

Just wanted to say thanks to Wozza for this great airplane. It's easily equal to most payware add-ons. I'll admit to trying to fly it without reading the readme and that was a failure. I also tried opening the canopy with "SHIFT-E" and discovered you actually have to open the canopy manually. Nice work!

Thanks a lot for the hard work.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    A great airplane! Thanks a lot Warwick and David!

Attachment 31704Attachment 31705
    Attachment 31707Attachment 31708
    Attachment 31706

Greetings
    Tim
    100% in full agreement !!!!
    a Masterpiece
    Italo

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza View Post
    Hi John
    thanks for the info.The texan was built on a 6 year old p4 and flown till about 3 weeks ago on the same system(just upgraded a little)
    Im at a loss at what is causing this, only thing I can think off is the amount of textures or some other item in the external model causing the crash ...we tried changing the sounds and the issues still there??
    if anyone else is having any issues at all post away.Ive not received any emails but as its freeware ppl might just give up and delete it
    Thanks
    Wozza

I'm still having PC freeze up whenever I switch out of the cockpit view. I've tried changing the sound set as Wozza suggested but no joy.

I know this type of problem happened with the Capt Sim 707 when tried in FSX and IIRC it was caused by a gauge. Wozza assured me it couldn't be a gauge so right now I'm stumped as to what is causing the problem.

Any help is appreciated because at this point the a/c is unusable on my sim.

-G-

You could take the cab out of the panel folder and see if the problem goes away (obviously you'll have no gauges and probably not be able to start the aircraft). That would either eliminate or otherwise the gauges.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Hey guys can anyome tell me how to get the rivets and panel lines in the two existing paints.

Hi, Lateral G

I had same problems with other planes, what always helps with my system, is to uncheck the "highdef VC" option in the options menue of the sim. Sorry if I use the wrong terms, I own the german version...
    Also stay away from complicated addon scenery and try using some program to shut down backgrond processes (Gamebooster or Alcaprit,Alcatrit..?,forgot the name).

Cheers, Thilo

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Hi, Lateral G

I had same problems with other planes, what always helps with my system, is to uncheck the "highdef VC" option in the options menue of the sim. Sorry if I use the wrong terms, I own the german version...
    Also stay away from complicated addon scenery and try using some program to shut down backgrond processes (Gamebooster or Alcaprit,Alcatrit..?,forgot the name).

Cheers, Thilo
    :mixedsmi: Alacrity?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

What additional features does acceleration give you. I thought it was a ad-don for more airports and some race planes?
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Quote Originally Posted by Thoe6969 View Post
    Hey guys can anyome tell me how to get the rivets and panel lines in the two existing paints.
    I have uploaded my modified textures to Flightsim.com a few hours ago

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

She flies really nice!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I have uploaded my modified textures to Flightsim.com a few hours ago

Greetings
    Tim
    Thanks,I like the looks better with lines and rivets.

Thanks for this great plane, I've downloaded T6 yesterday evening and it's now my favourite aircraft in FSX I love engine startup sequence. This plane begs for baked ambient occlusion to the textures, beside this, it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashing Time View Post
    What additional features does acceleration give you. I thought it was a ad-don for more airports and some race planes?
    Beside sceneries and aircrafts Acceleration adds working superchargers, Anti-Detonation Injection with more advanced engine management for piston engines, carrier ops, multiple engines, hoist and slingload systems for helicopters. All of these can be used in third party aircrafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoe6969 View Post
    Thanks,I like the looks better with lines and rivets.
    The modified textures are now available at Flightsim.com

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The modified textures are now available at Flightsim.com

Greetings
    Tim
    yup got them and been playing
    Thanks to all
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

I've added the lines and rivets from the paintkit to the two paints and I think it looks even better now

Thanks again for this excellent addon!

Greetings
    Tim

Like wise!! Although I have no reason to want any other paint scheme than this one!

Thanks for the plane Wozza! :salute:
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Took a quick flight to KOLM and back before bed....

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
    Like wise!! Although I have no reason to want any other paint scheme than this one!

I'm with ya Gunny! What more does it need to say.......? S/F:salute:
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

I really like the T-6, but as usual with most aircraft of that age, it's a bit too slow for me. Has there ever been an up-engined variant of the T-6 with more than 600hp?

There was one AT-6D airframe that was fitted with an inline engine. It was a 575 hp V-770-9 inverted V 12 cylinder air cooled high altitude engine. top speed 244mph ceiling 30,000. Higher and faster than regular AT-6. But engine proved to be mechanically unreliable and a maintenance nightmare.

Source -squadron/signal publications T-6 Texan in action, p.33

Quote Originally Posted by X_eidos2 View Post
    There was one AT-6D airframe that was fitted with an inline engine. It was a 575 hp V-770-9 inverted V 12 cylinder air cooled high altitude engine. top speed 244mph ceiling 30,000. Higher and faster than regular AT-6. But engine proved to be mechanically unreliable and a maintenance nightmare.

Source -squadron/signal publications T-6 Texan in action, p.33
    Meh.

Okay, I just found out I still have the A-27 option. It had a 785hp engine and did its 250mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You could take the cab out of the panel folder and see if the problem goes away (obviously you'll have no gauges and probably not be able to start the aircraft). That would either eliminate or otherwise the gauges.
    Roger,

That xml cab file was the culprit. I removed it from the panel folder and the aircraft works now without freezing the PC when switching views.

I still have gauges. The only difference is when you load the aircraft and start a flight the engine is already running. Otherwise all is well.

-G-

Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post
    Beside sceneries and aircrafts Acceleration adds working superchargers, Anti-Detonation Injection with more advanced engine management for piston engines, carrier ops, multiple engines, hoist and slingload systems for helicopters. All of these can be used in third party aircrafts.
    Thanks for the info
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman