Wozza'sT6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wozza'sT6

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    I've added the lines and rivets from the paintkit to the two paints and I think it looks even better now

Thanks again for this excellent addon!

Greetings
    Tim
    How would I add the lines and rivits to the paints? I know where the files are just don't which ones to add. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    I've added the lines and rivets from the paintkit to the two paints and I think it looks even better now
    Thanks again for this excellent addon!

Greetings
    Tim
    Good grief that looks splendid, I wouldn't know where to start doing something like that. Thanks indeed for this terrific T6 Wozza. What is it about the Antipodes? First Ant's Tiger Moth and now this in the same month - and both (bar donations) for free.

A beautiful plane, greatly appreciated!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

I installed the plane but when I tried to fly I get a "visual model could not be displayed" error.....

any ideas?

-G-

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    I installed the plane but when I tried to fly I get a "visual model could not be displayed" error.....

any ideas?

-G-
    nope mine was fine
    i could not get it started though
    yes i did read the text file:mixedsmi:
    but i could not find the fuel switch turned on the magnetos
    but no joy
    anyone have a map for dummies
    for the vc
    H:isadizzy:
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    nope mine was fine
    i could not get it started though
    yes i did read the text file:mixedsmi:
    but i could not find the fuel switch turned on the magnetos
    but no joy
    anyone have a map for dummies
    for the vc
    H:isadizzy:
    Hi Henry
    fuel selector is just behind the trim wheels(in the front pit) turn it to res,mags on then ctrl + E

Lateral-G
    normally that means the mdl/or model.cfg are missing or not in right locations,check that they are in the fsds_t-6\model folder.If thats ok shoot me an email a with system specs and how you installed the files and Il see if we cant nut it out
    Wozza
    The source code for Vista may very well be the longest suicide note in history

Try looking down to the pilot's left elbow area H, aft of the throttle/trims.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza View Post

Lateral-G
    normally that means the mdl/or model.cfg are missing or not in right locations,check that they are in the fsds_t-6\model folder.If thats ok shoot me an email a with system specs and how you installed the files and Il see if we cant nut it out
    Wozza
    Hi Wozza,

I was able to get the model to load. I just deleted the original installation and tried it again. It worked that time....

however....

now the PC locks up when I try to fly the T-6. I can load it, get the engine started but when I start my takeoff roll it freezes....I have to shut down and reboot.

any thoughts?

-G-

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    thanks you have to remember you are dealing with a moron
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

I was able to get it started, took off, did a couple of low passes down the runway...following up with a pretty reasonable landing.

Well Done! Great model, great handling....great fun!
    Thanks Wozza! :salute:
    Regards,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    Hi Wozza,

I was able to get the model to load. I just deleted the original installation and tried it again. It worked that time....

however....

now the PC locks up when I try to fly the T-6. I can load it, get the engine started but when I start my takeoff roll it freezes....I have to shut down and reboot.

any thoughts?

-G-
    Hi
    Hmm not sure what OS/ver of fsx are you running? its quite possible its the sounds or maybe some code in the gauges your system doesnt like
    Wozza

Don't know if I missed the development of this, but this is certainly a surprise! Especially as it's freeware.

This aircraft is fantastic, I was lucky enough to fly one last summer, and simming in Wozza's T-6 brought all the memories flooding back, the flight model in my opinion is bang on, and I love the start sequence and the little touch of the manual canopy, as I flew with it partially open.

Me in the front seat:

Looking forward to the repaints

Cheers

James

Thanks for the bird.
    I can't get more than 22 inches of manifold pressure with full throttle. Any ider's?
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

re-paints?

Been on the road for the past four days, any re-paints out?

Dave
    Cheers,
    Dave

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Congrats Wozza on the launch of your new bird!

Awesome work!

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hi
    Thanks for the kind comments

Smashing Time:
    Are you running FSX accel ?
    if your using sp1 (not sure about sp2) but I did a quick test in sp1 when reinstalling fsx the other day and
    found if you change the following in the the [piston_engine] in the aircraft.cfg with

turbocharged=1
    max_design_mp=36.00000
    min_design_mp=10.00000
    you should get it pretty close as sp1 doesn't support superchargers.

Lateral-G
    Im still trying to recreate your probs here, as of yet have not heard from anyone else with the issue
    but its early days

No repaints yet but it may take a while due to the very bad paint kit that was sent out

Thanks
    Wozza

"No repaints yet but it may take a while due to the very bad paint kit that was sent out "

Well, considering the outstanding quality of everything else, I guess we can let that one slide (not that I know anything about re-paint kits or re-painting). :mixedsmi:

Seriously, you guys have done a wonderful job!

Dave
    Cheers,
    Dave

Thanks Wozza, That did the trick ! :salute:
    I'm running SP2 no Accel.
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Wow!! looks great Wozza. Haven't had the chance to play with it yet, but will soon!

Download probs

Anyone having probs with downloading from FlightSim? Normally I have no drama's but this time, despite several attempts over as many days, my download freezes at 13%. With and without a d/load manager, with and without my Security Centre on.

I'm stumped.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Excellent model and I just love the sounds. A worthy successor to the stang.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Is there any repaints yet?

Blog Entries
    Wozza thank you very much for the Texan. I have been in several and flown one from the backseat just recently here at Midlothian Midway Regional Airport at their Airshow this summer. You really nailed this Amigo. Outstanding. You are right that it takes Acceleration to really enjoy all the features. Thanks again, Amigo
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I'm having the same problems as Laterial-G, but I didn't want to say anything since I'm the payware competitor, and anything I say would be suspect. I'm running FSX with Accel and I have a 7 year old P4 machine. The only reason I bother to write now is to let it be known that Laterial-G is not the only one having a problem.

I don't know if people have discovered this or not, but Wozza's model has a tail hook option. I was going to try landing it on the USS Monterey, but my computer locked up completely for the fourth time, so I gave up trying.

Despite my troubles I think it's a brilliant bit of modeling. I also think people should be made aware that Wozza was a big help in my development of the SkyUnlimited Texans as well. A true gentleman.