P36 exclusive screenshots
Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: P36 exclusive screenshots

Icon5 P36 exclusive screenshots

Thanks to Tim-HH we now have some nice in game screenshots of the P36 Hawk. Work is going well and we're in full flow now, so expect more updates of the forth coming weeks.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    BEAUTIFUL piece of work!

The Precious! wants

MCDesigns
    Wow, fantastic shots, love the shadowing/AO on the textures, are those baked?

Videre Vincere Est
    Sweeeeeeeet!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Dean, I am really looking forward to a FSX-native P-36, as I am a huge fan of the whole Hawk series of fighters! As a constructive piece of criticism however, the canopy and windscreen assemblies aren't quite right. Please compare the following photo, to the 5th photo in your post, and take into consideration the differences in proportions and shapes:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...c3c55d58a01b50

Here is another showing the canopy shape from the front-quarter:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Curti...c3c55d58a01b50

I hope you understand where I am coming from, and I am only offering such advice so that the product can be the best it can. Unfortunately I don't have any detailed drawings at this time, of this area on the aircraft. Everything else looks very nice indeed!

Edit: By the way, it would be great to see a pre-war, USAAC scheme, with overall-polished metal, included with this product!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Dean, I am really looking forward to a FSX-native P-36, as I am a huge fan of the whole Hawk series of fighters! As a constructive piece of criticism however, the canopy and windscreen assemblies aren't quite right. Please compare the following photo, to the 5th photo in your post, and take into consideration the differences in proportions and shapes:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...c3c55d58a01b50

I hope you understand where I am coming from, and I am only offering such advice so that the product can be the best it can. Unfortunately I don't have any detailed drawings at this time, of this area on the aircraft. Everything else looks very nice indeed!

Edit: By the way, it would be great to see a pre-war, USAAC scheme, with overall-polished metal, included with this product!

thanks for the heads up. We will be releasing 10 schemes with the aircraft once released.

Ken Stallings
    You know, I used to remember the running joke about "rivet counters." You know, the folks who would obsessively count the rivets, note their position, and say one was crooked.

Of course, it was meant in hyperbole to point out people who were being a bit unreasoned in their expectations.

Well, today, it seems the "unreasonable" has become the reality!

When I look at screenshots like that, I really think the rivets truly are all there, and in the right places, and there really isn't anything left to say in terms of want for the exteriors of these virtual aircraft.

And that rudder! I swear I feel like I can reach out and touch it doing a pre-flight! I just looked so real!

Ken

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Holy Cow! That it Beautiful. :ernae: The P-36 is definately one of my all time favorites. Cannot wait to fly it. Wonderful work people!
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

For the P36/Hawk 75 fans, the latest issue of Flight Journal magazine focuses on this airplane (more specifically, the French air forces in WWII that used the aircraft). There's a great shot of the airplane on the cover. And I'd have to agree that photos in the magazine show a rounder front windshield at the top portion than what's conveyed in the screenshots. I have to say though that that model looks superb.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(The-Fighter/Curtiss-H-75A-1-Hawk/1522631/L/&sid=64e5ae383ea00b6fa2c3c55d58a01b50

Hmm......I'm not so sure. I think we need to see more screenshots.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Dean, I just want to make sure that I don't sound like your 'ordinary pest', or anything. For the casual simmer, or for someone simply giving the work a nod (which I could be inclined to do as well, since it a very beautifully done rendition) it would be a waist of time to go back and redo anything that has already been done.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    I'm sure you and your developers have already seen this page, and those like it, but just incase you haven't, these photos should really help out in the creation of the interior:<o></o>
    <o></o>
    http://www.aircraftwalkarounds.be/Images/CurtisHawk75Part2CockpitIn/index.html<o></o>
    <o></o>
    There are some very clear photos of the windscreen construction, and I especially like how, per this being a French example, some of the placards/stencils are written in French, even onto the canopy crank assembly. The overall impression of the cockpit is quite similar to a P-40B/C pit, looking very "1930's".

C87, I too have that magazine, and agree that it provides some great photos and a bit of history on the Hawk 75 heritage.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

looking at the title of the thread didn't get me excited, but HOLY COW that is one great looking model. I might have to add it to my hangar after all.

rsgunner
    That is outstanding!

Russ

Ken Stallings
    Dean, I just want to make sure that I don't sound like your 'ordinary pest', or anything. For the casual simmer, or for someone simply giving the work a nod (which I could be inclined to do as well, since it a very beautifully done rendition) it would be a waist of time to go back and redo anything that has already been done.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    I'm sure you and your developers have already seen this page, and those like it, but just incase you haven't, these photos should really help out in the creation of the interior:<o></o>
    <o></o>
    http://www.aircraftwalkarounds.be/Images/CurtisHawk75Part2CockpitIn/index.html<o></o>
    <o></o>
    There are some very clear photos of the windscreen construction, and I especially like how, per this being a French example, some of the placards/stencils are written in French, even onto the canopy crank assembly. The overall impression of the cockpit is quite similar to a P-40B/C pit, looking very "1930's".

C87, I too have that magazine, and agree that it provides some great photos and a bit of history on the Hawk 75 heritage.
    You certainly have an eye for detail!

Your photos show the situation quite accurately.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-A2A View Post
    The Precious! wants
    lol, One "Card" to Rule Them All

Ooh, looks really nice, is this the same company that's making that SBD?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Charter Member 2011
    very nice!!

by the way dean, an avro anson or airspeed oxford would be great if you dont know what to build next
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Since my computer can't run FSX....and there is little hope of having a system that will run FSX for quite a long while...I am simply going to say:

That is the absolute worst rendition of a P-36 I have ever seen. The details are all wrong, the wheels are on backward, the pilot is cross-eyed, the plug wires are too short, the glove box is full of old McDonalds ketchup packets, the left turn signals don't blink at the correct rhythm, and there are 12 rivets in the wrong spot.

Of course, I am just showing my total envy of you folks who can run FSX and who will get to fly this work of art and see those details time and time again. Superb workmanship and attention to detail! I agree with Ken Stallings in that it seemed like one could reach out and touch this plane...so very life like, so tactile.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    afraid the canopy does appear incorrect.. But, its an easy mistake to make.. not so easy to correct sometimes.. But you see, at that period in history, there existed three planes.. The model 75 which in america was the P-36. The A-36 and the A-37. Ther P-36 was made by curtiss, the A-36 was made bu north american, and the A-37 was made by curtiss.. The A-36 went on to become the P-51. it had a semi rectangular canopy frame around the windscreen, The A-37 went on to become the P-40 with its curved bent tubing for a canopy frame. However, in different ways, each of these planes resembled each other.. This is most likely the reason for the continuing debate as to which aircraft inspired the design of what other aircraft.. I can say that the way the canopy is currently modeled, is much harder to do in max, than simply taking a tube and bending it in the middle which is pretty much what curtiss did..

Now, what maintains a question in my mind, and therefore keeps me from pronouncing the shape incorrect is the fith and sixth photographs on this page.
    http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/URG/p36hawk.html
    here you can clearly see the odd shap of the windscreen frame from the side and front left quarter. Rather than a simple bent tube, the frame comes up, then flattens out and curves forward around the top of the windscreen. The rest of the canopy frame is composed of bent tubing, but that first one is far more complex. Easy to do with a welding jig, but not the easiest to do in 3D..

Please remember too, that this is an alpha model.. At a time when another plane is due for release, it was rushed through so my people could start doing what they do best, which is making it sit and fly right..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Holy Cow! That it Beautiful. :ernae: The P-36 is definately one of my all time favorites. Cannot wait to fly it. Wonderful work people!
    Old crow,
    Glad to hear that.. We're pretty sure we have the engine dialed in, and the basic flight model is ready to move to beta testing now.. I'll be honest. its a blast to fly. We're still trying to dial in its stall and spin. The P-36 had a rather nasty stall/spin entry thats been quite challenging. but my lead tester has promised me that he'll drive me completely nuts if need be to get it right..

Pam, based on those photos, I'm sorry, but I don't see any difference than in any other P-36 or H-75 windscreen photos you will come across - as the windscreens are all the same. All I am frankly concerned about, is the canopy profile shape, head on. While it may or may not be important from the exterior to some, this will be extremely pronounced, when actually sitting in the cockpit, looking forward and around. As in the photos I have linked to, showing the H-75/P-36 windscreen, there was no bent tubing used. The main beam, creating the shape of the canopy, is just that, a flat curved beam, with a strengthening support tube, as a cross-member, with two pieces of thick bracing wire, at the front. There is indeed a lip that comes out, from the main structural beam, extending a bit over the glass, which may be giving you some illusions, if just looking at old photos. The plexiglass, is how it has been modeled, as a single piece that wraps around. As you state that it is only an alpha version, all the better that any kinks get worked out now, rather than later.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    This photo is one of the most honest tellings of what I describe:<o></o>
    http://www.aircraftwalkarounds.be/Images/CurtisHawk75Part2CockpitIn/Hawk%2075%20Cockpit%2009.html

Some further great photos of the Fighter Collection's Hawk 75, can be found by scrolling down to the links coinciding with the aircraft (any and all details you ever wanted to see on the aircraft):
    http://www.aircraftwalkarounds.be/Wa...s_English.html
    <o></o><o></o>
    By the way - the A-36, was a development from the original P-51 design, which was a whole generation (and several years) in aeronautical design following the P-36 and P-40. Of course the Curtiss fighter designs followed one another, using the findings secured from the model before. P-36 windscreen is very much the same structure that is incorporated into the P-40B/C models, except for the P-40B/C's introduced a panel of bullet proof glass.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    I think I have said all I really can at the moment, and with the likelihood of making more enemies than ever, I guess I will just keep my mouth shut from here on out, unless you insist on further 'proofing' by a guy like me - and just to level the playing field, I am speaking as a developer myself, who knows exactly what it would take to redo what has been done, whether it be modeling or texturing, and not someone shouting from the sidelines, having had no experience doing the same work. As I have expressed before, I am one of the biggest, true fans there could be for having an accurate H-75/P-36 in FSX, and I look forward to the day it is released, as someone who will certainly be a customer.

OUTSTANDING!

Where do I sign up?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Awesome work on that bird! Goodness. Love the bump mapping and textures. Shading is photo real....

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Blog Entries
    <o></o>
    I think I have said all I really can at the moment, and with the likelihood of making more enemies than ever,
    you wont make an enemy of me bomber.. not this easily ::chuckles::.. ya gotta try lots harder ..

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    very nice!!

by the way dean, an avro anson or airspeed oxford would be great if you dont know what to build next
    Im still thinking hard about the Airspeed Oxford :salute:

But theres still another 2 aircraft that I havent announced yet and its going to be a busy year for us.

Members who have read this thread: 0