Screenshots

Thread: Screenshots

Screenshots

Can anyone tell me in "Newbie" terms how to take a screen shot of a scene in CFS2 and post it in one of my photo albums in my PC.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    Can anyone tell me in "Newbie" terms how to take a screen shot of a scene in CFS2 and post it in one of my photo albums in my PC.
    Thanks.
    Welcome to the Basement.

Here is a link to a Splash Screen Creator Program.....

http://www.simviation.com/cfs2misc8.htm

It includes a screenshot tool with full instructions.

Enjoy.

PomBee.:ernae:

Ah newbie terms. I should be good at that! Here is what I use. GrabClipSave. It's free, easy to install and easy to use. You just hit the Prt Scr button on your key board and it sends the photo to your "pictures" folder. Welcome aboard!

Screen Shots

KWB,

I've always liked Martin Wright's "Grab it" screen shot program. It is easy and works well, but I'm unable to get it to work with Vista for some reason. I've been searching for an equally good program, but haven't found anything to match it yet. Vista has really been a step backwards for me, but I'm stuck with it.

Mariered, I'll search for and try your suggestion for a good program.

Windows has a screen capture program, but it takes several steps to get it to work.

1. Use the "Fn" key and then "prt sc" key to capture the shot

2. Open Windows "Paint" program (Start button > type in "Paint" if you're using Vista)

3. Top tool bar and select Edit > Paste

4. You'll now see your screen shot in Paint

5. Select File > Save or Save As

6. Use Irfanview (Irfanview.com) or similar program to edit the photo to your liking.

7. Post to the forum here or wherever you want.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

The GrabClip works great for me with vista. You know me, if it takes any kind of brain work, forget it. I always thought the computer would do all the head work. I thought it would be like Star Trek. "Computer, download and install all add-ons, now":ernae:

or....

Yo kbw737;

I would recommend FRAPS. Stupid name - GREAT freeware app.

Fraps will take multiple screenshots (to BMP only) plus will record screen video (30 sec. at a time)

Find it here: http://www.fraps.com/download.php

The payware version saves pic's in your choice of several formats & records the screen vid for unlimited periods of time.
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Quote Originally Posted by PomBee View Post
    Welcome to the Basement.

Here is a link to a Splash Screen Creator Program.....

http://www.simviation.com/cfs2misc8.htm

It includes a screenshot tool with full instructions.

Enjoy.

PomBee, this is a program I've wanted to use, but from Simviation it will download no more than 776 Kb of the more than 5 meg length for me. Is there an alternative site I can get this?

Thanks

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...
    He was sucked into a jet engine...

I elected to try "grabclipsave" and it worked like a charm!! So a special thanks to "mariereid" for suggesting it but also thank you to all the rest of you for the help and suggestions.

KWB

Quote Originally Posted by mariereid View Post
    Ah newbie terms. I should be good at that! Here is what I use. GrabClipSave. It's free, easy to install and easy to use. You just hit the Prt Scr button on your key board and it sends the photo to your "pictures" folder. Welcome aboard!
    I use the commercial version of CaptureWiz, it's okay, I'll try this one out MR. Thanks

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...

Yeah, if I can get something to work, it's a safe bet even the newest of newbies will be able to. You know one of the guys here must of told me about it. It's a great place to get info and learn from the masters.:ernae:

Can't you just hit "prt scrn", open up any graphics program like "paint" that comes with windows, file\new image, CTRL-V and save it as whatever you want - .BMP or .JPG?
    Best Regards,
    Ghostrider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    I elected to try "grabclipsave" and it worked like a charm!! So a special thanks to "mariereid" for suggesting it but also thank you to all the rest of you for the help and suggestions.

KWB
    It also works well with Windows 7 :salute:
    "De Oppresso Liber"

EC_ILO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Can't you just hit "prt scrn", open up any graphics program like "paint" that comes with windows, file\new image, CTRL-V and save it as whatever you want - .BMP or .JPG?

Yes, indeed, but then you have to access the paint progam everytime you take a screenshot. With the screenshot programs above mentioned you can take as many pics as you will, and later, out the heat of the fight, you can review them all and coose the best ones.

EC_ILO

Quote Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
    PomBee, this is a program I've wanted to use, but from Simviation it will download no more than 776 Kb of the more than 5 meg length for me. Is there an alternative site I can get this?

Thanks

Bones
    Hi Bones,

I had this problem a while ago, but I thought that the guys at simviation had fixed it (obviously not). When I get home from work tonight, I'll see if I can email it to you. We're having a system rebuild on our server at home, but I'll try to use my wife's new laptop (if she'll let me).

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by PomBee View Post
    Hi Bones,

I had this problem a while ago, but I thought that the guys at simviation had fixed it (obviously not). When I get home from work tonight, I'll see if I can email it to you. We're having a system rebuild on our server at home, but I'll try to use my wife's new laptop (if she'll let me).

Cheers,

Thank you Pom, it's no great rush, when you can get to it.

Thanks again

Bones
    And then he died...