Cloud9 Phantom Woes

Thread: Cloud9 Phantom Woes

Thumbs up Cloud9 Phantom Woes

I really hate it when these things happen.

I've had the Cloud9 Phantom since late 2006 and really liked it. Past tense. It has always flown well on my machine.

This morning I decided to take a flight, and BAM.. I get a CTD. No matter which model I select, it closes FS9 right to the desktop. No error message, no nothing. The a/c show in the view screen, but as soon as I select it the program closes.

I suspect that its related to the module that registers the product, but am not sure. I have my original install files - but its hard to tell where to start since there are so many - version 100 through 103 and one for SP3. I really hate to spend my Satruday doing a total reinstall of the plane and all the repaints.

Any suggestions out there?? Has anyone encountered this with this product??

Thanks in advance

--WH

Sorry to hear that......never heard of that problem.

If you're reasonably sure it's related to bglman.exe (the Cloud9 manager prog you were talking about), you can update it w/o uninstalling the a/c. It should appear under it's own entry in your "Add or Remove Programs" list. You can find the latest version on the cloud9 site. It may or may not update the gauges.....that should be it.

In my experience, this type of issue often has to do w/ windows patches changing the way certain things work, and the way they interact with drivers. Hope that helps!

Have you added any textures in the past without testing them immediately afterward?
    Try relocating all but the default textures out of the aircraft folder then try it. If it works replace one
    at a time until it fails. If that doesn't work try letting the sim build a new fs9.cfg file.

Thanks guys.

For the moment, it looks like things are working again. I tracked down the latest version at FSDream Team and reinstalled the original package. It recognized my registry key and there were no install problems. I will have to spend some time relinstalling some addon textures and reconfiguring the aircraft.cfg files.

I didn't know about the bglman.exe download. Have to keep that in mind. When I tried to reinstall from my earlier install files (the SP3 version), my anti-virus gave me a message that bglman.dll was consdered a trojan so it wasn't installed. In checking my backups I noticed it wasn't in the module directory, so I suspect that was the problem. I made a backup copy of the new bglman files just in case. :mixedsmi:

Thanks

--WH

Warhorse,
    For what it's worth, I've had similar CTD/blgman.dll issues with my C9 F-4 & F-104 twice in the past. In fact, the second instance just occurred last week. Glad you found a fix for your issue, because I had to reinstall both planes from scratch.

Have the same problem with the F-104. Actually thought something in FS2004 went wonky so I am in the middle of a reinstall.

I do believe that Virtuali (developer of the phantom and F104) Has addressed this exact issue on the forums somewhere...If my memory serves correctly, you must first (before installing said aircraft) exclude your fs9 modules folder from your antivirus; second, install the aircraft and alll service packs; finally, you MUST run the newest version of the FS9 addon manager (downloadable on the FS dreamteam site). Then restart fs and the aircraft should work fine with no ctd's. It worked for me. Good luck. Hope this helps.

exclude your fs9 modules folder from your antivirus
    Whew. Wish I could. I just checked my virus scanner and there is no way to exclude a specific folder. Good advice, tho...

--WH

I dont have the download manager and have re-installed the F4 several times without problems!!

Any time you install one of their products, it installs it.
    Do you have a "AddonManager" menu in the FS menu bar? That's where it is, the file is bglman.dll in your modules folder.
    Cloud9 products won't run w/o it!

There is a newer version of the addon manager (available as a stand-alone) for free download on their website...There was a problem a number of people encountered when using the old installers for the F-4 and F-104 that wasn't installing the newest version; It seems, however, that what this is..is the old 'anti-virus wiping my bglman.dll' situation. The ONLY way to fix this issue is to DISABLE your antivirus during the installation of the offending aircraft; If the FS folder cannot be excluded from scanning by your antivirus (as my old crappy antivirus was) upgrade to ESET NOD-32 or an equivalent AV that will allow you to control what gets installed and what gets scanned; I have no issuessince excluding my modules folder...heck, one of the older AV programs I used actually flagged FSUIPC as a virus.....:isadizzy: