P 40 f in MAW: missing cockpit textures

Thread: P 40 f in MAW: missing cockpit textures

P 40 f in MAW: missing cockpit textures

hi guys, just installed a P-40f from AvH, as well as a couple of others skinned to represent P 40's from operation Torch onward and I found out all of them are missing some cockpit textures: probably due to a lack of apprpriate shared files in the shared folder but not sure.... Can any of you point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated!
    My best regards to you all, Gianluca
    Gianluca

There's a P40-F at AvHistory?. Only see the AVG (China) Kittyhawk.

In any event, if you have ETO, there is a Kittyhawk shared file there. Perhaps that will work.

Oops. You're right. There an "old" (2.0) P40-F. If I remember correctly, you should have a cockpit, although it's not nearly as detailed as the current versions of the P-40s, for example, found in MAW.

hi, thks for answering;
    I do have a cockpit view with instruments but, if the same aircraft in cfs3, ETO or PTO shows a "complete" cockpit here the same aircraft in MAW shows ONLY the instrument panel, the rest being totally shadowed, due to this textures lacking or at least that is was I guess...... A Kittyhawk shared should already be present in MAW I think but until tomorrow evening I cannot check it: sure I will do and let know!
    Gianluca

G.

Try this. Seems to work.

Install the AVH P40F into MAW (with appropriate sound file). Open up one of the existing MAW P40Cs. Inside the model folder is an M3D file that ends with "_Cockpit0". Make a copy of that file and rename it exactly as the same file in the AVH P40F. Install it there and overwrite. Voila, a new - full - cockpit.

it worked for me also! thks a lot man!
    Gianluca

Members who have read this thread: 0