Nice 737-700/300 for FSX

Thread: Nice 737-700/300 for FSX

Nice 737-700/300 for FSX

I was hoping someone could show me a nice 737-700 or maybe even a 300. Id probably take anything, but I am looking to fly SouthWest colors with her. I can live with the default, but I was hoping someone could show me any 737 with a working FMC maybe.

Didn't quite escape.
    "Nice"?

Right now, if you want a working FMS, you have two options:

Wilco/FeelThere's B737-300/400/500 pack has been ported into FSX and works, but on W7 64, I get a memory leak from that-place-below and within 5 minutes of loading the aircraft, my framerate is at seconds per frame rather than vice versa.

Ariane do a number of NG aircraft, I know they have their fans, but I wouldn't touch their products with someone else's bargepole after what they've done in the past. The price will make most people cower in the corner on seeing it, too.

Personally, I'd wait until later in the year, when PMDG's B737NG pack for FSX is supposed to emerge from the hangar. Your other possible option is to get a freeware B737 and the add-on FMC pack from Ernie Alston, which isn't perfect, but can be edited in to just about anything flying: http://secure.simmarket.com/ernie-al...8isg1%29.phtml

[QUOTE=IanP;357165]"Nice"?

"Right now, if you want a working FMS, you have two options:"

I know of a 3rd option. A working FMS can be got by purchasing Ernie Alstons Intergrated Simvionics FMC/FMS. If you cannot be bothered creating your own panels , many users have created custom panels of default and common aircraft that add these functions into the panels. A great way to jazz up your 737 with great functionality
    See here; http://isgsim.com/

Didn't quite escape.
    You mean the same gauges I mentioned in the last bit of my post, Spike?

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Your other possible option is to get a freeware B737 and the add-on FMC pack from Ernie Alston, which isn't perfect, but can be edited in to just about anything flying:
    Seriously, I think you might be a little more enamoured of them than I am. I may possibly have an out of date version (although I don't think I have from a cursory glance), but the version of Ernie Alston's gauges I have don't cope at all well with weather, have a tendency to chase headings at turns, the navdata isn't quite there (it matches neither Navigraph nor FSX, so is a bit out on a limb) and they generally come across as worth having, but certainly not for everyone. I left them installed on both the FSX default CRJ and B738 on my old setup, but when I replaced that PC with my current one, I haven't reinstalled the pack (yet).

Also, because they are generic, thus not having aircraft specific settings, and couple to the default autopilot, they don't do many of the things that people used to "full" FM systems might want such as speed control (the default autopilot still absolutely stinks on that account) and providing step climb info, etc.

Kudos to Mr. Alston for his achievement, particularly considering we haven't had anything similar since EFIS98! They're stuck firmly in my "good and worth looking at" category, not my "excellent and must have" category, though.

Obviously, your milage may vary.

whoops - obviously my glasses steamed up for the last bit - missed your reference to him, sorry Ian.
    I have fitted them into the default airbus 321, Fifty north 737 classics and others that use basic 2D/3D panels. They have given me the opportunity to command sids and stars using default VOR's.

Project Open Sky offers a fsx native -700 exterior model that you can use the default fsx -800 VC and use the FMC that IanP recommended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Didn't quite escape.
    Spike did too.

I'm reinstalling Ernie Alston's pack to see if I missed anything. I quite like Nick's suggestion of aliasing the default VC into the POSky aircraft (I didn't know theirs was native - thanks!) so will test using that combination.

Ill have to check out that FMC addon then. Im pretty picky when it comes down to the FMC though. Thanks for the info guys. I had posted a reply before but I guess it was lost in the move. Ill probably just have to wait for PMDG. Hope it isnt too bad on frames though.

Im going to try the Posky one with the default vc. Unfortunately my FSX decided to stop working now. It loads up and is extremely slow. I left for a trip to San Diego with it working fine, and come back to it being so slow it will barely even open up the window to close down the game. AFAIK nothing was done to the computer or game while I was gone.