IRIS Simulations Diamond Star XLS OUT!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRIS Simulations Diamond Star XLS OUT!!!

IRIS Simulations Diamond Star XLS OUT!!!

just found it today!

click HERE!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Didn't quite escape.
    Looks nice.

My budget has been blown for the next three months in the very non-FS related way, but that's on the ever-extending list.

Yep, same here, I tried to make an online purchase yesterday and had my card declined, lol. . .guess I'm outta luck for the foreseeable future. Looks awesome though. Nice job David and Team!!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks for posting the heads up..at 3am this morning I didn't feel like doing it..lol. Anyway, here's some accompanying images from the site.. All it needs is guns on the wings and it'll fit right in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

looks nice Smudge,
    looks like another definate purchase

does it have a Paintkit ?

That looks a nice model, but sorry (it must be an age thing) that looks a very ugly and characterless subject aircraft. I am sure plenty here under 40 will disagree though!

Looks nice! Now maybe they'll finish some of their older products in the works.....F-111, T-6B and F-35....love their work.

Matt

Hows the G1000? Is it a default gauge?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

lol, this is one of the older projects in the works....it's been sitting on my hard drive for about a year now... and yes it comes with a paintkit...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2011
    anyone else notice the shameless plug on the post it note?
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

i cant wait to buy it myself
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Im thinkin of buying her but id loose her in the Snow up here in the Arctic. Excellent job Iris.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

The G1000 is the default unit modded to include the engine management layout of the DA-40.

I'm hoping to further expand the unit in time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Dave, this aircraft is beautiful. I would highly recommend this aircraft folks. There is nothing I can find at this time that I don't like. The night lighting is simply stunning.

Great creation...especially that punk looking guy in the 'Air Force Academy' aircraft :salute:

No longer active
    How is the framerate?
    Even the standard Beech Baron with the glass cockpit is giving me already a noticable frameratedrop and the F1 Citation Mustang I even returned for that reason...

Exclamation

Framerates are really system dependant.. I'm running a Core i7 with 6Gb DDR3 RAM, an NVidia 9600GT with 1Gb on board RAM and Win 7 Premium 64 Bit and I get 30FPS locked using default scenery...the more complex an area I visit, the less FPS I have.

However, with that being said, the aircraft has high res textures, 4096 for the main fus map and 2048 for the wings, and all that in 32 bit so it might take a bit of a texture load hit.

Again, the other item that MAY cause FPS loss will be the G1000, it displays in 1024 pixels for each MFD. Decreasing your pixel_size value in the panel.cfg for the PFD and MFD may help, but at the cost of gauge resolution.

At the end of the day, it's tested on a fairly good FSX machine with no problems, however there are plenty of tips and tweaks to try in order to find that happy balance between visuals and performance based on an individuals machine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No longer active
    Thanx for this informative explanation
    Guess this one won't work on my PC.
    However as I LOVE your excellent Christen Eagle, I'm luckily not missing too much.
    The Eagle is for sure one of the very best GA planes available!!
    Curious what the other GA planes will be...

Guys, I've just uploaded a new version of the DA-40 to the IRIS server.. If you've bought it, log into the store and re-download your executable for Version 1.05.
    Thanks to one of the new guys on the IRIS forum who flies the DA-40, we were able to address these minor issues quite quickly..

The changelog for 1.0 to 1.05 is below..

Current Version 1.05 (8th February 2010)

Reserve ASI white ‘flap’ limitation markings added.
    G-1000 MFD and PFD now power up on battery only, no avionics power required.
    G-1000 ASI values now match those shown in the AFM.
    Rudder effectiveness increased and now match correct values.
    Parasite drag scalar increased to 1.2 for more accurate cruise speed.

Please note that the green status lights on the external lighting panel are there for practical purposes to aid simmers in determining if a particular switch is on. This is NOT on the real aircraft and we are aware of that fact. It is included for your benefit.

Happy Travels..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Attachment 29264

One of many i'm sure.... just getting a few done fictional style then will release a pack...

Beaty and the beast

Itīs a beauty, but a FPS killer. My fps occilates badly with this. Going from 15 to 60 in a question of miliseconds in a sparse scenery. And sttutes too. Did a "defrag" after the installation of it to make it better, but didnīt help much.
    I did the same flight using the Diamond Star and the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 and it went smooth with the second. Maybe a patch in the future for better performance??
    And i donīt know if it has anything to do, but the time to FSX loads a flight with the Diamond Star takes forever!!!!!! Not happening with other pay aircrafts.
    For the rest, iīm completely satisfied, it flies very well.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I personally suffer very little FPS loss, mostly caused by the glass cockpit which is to be expected. No problems on my end to report.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Needs a fictional CAF Paint like the Twin Otters use. Still cant find her in the snow blind with all the white paint.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Needs a fictional CAF Paint like the Twin Otters use. Still cant find her in the snow blind with all the white paint.
    get outta my head you, was just starting work on a canuck bird...

Members who have read this thread: 0