The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

What's with this !!!!! The last few days I've been getting this all most every day. I'm in one of the forums and try to go to another thread and this comes up instead of the thread.:isadizzy:
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Our current server has reached its full capacity...and more so...of what it can handle in terms of traffic, uploads, downloads...not to mention the attacks that Ickie is constantly fighting off. This is one of the reasons that the site is getting a second server...share the load between 2 servers. Be patient, things are going to get better, faster, smoother.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    things are going to get better, faster, smoother.

OBIO
    [YOUTUBE]woOLEEu8RLI[/YOUTUBE]

server busy

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    [YOUTUBE]woOLEEu8RLI[/YOUTUBE]
    still the same 10 years on .just have to wait for my daily fix

Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    still the same 10 years on .just have to wait for my daily fix
    Read this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...er-is-too-busy

Everything has been explained by SOH's staff.

Any news about solving this and new server for SOH?

Its really annoying especially as you write a long post that disappears.
    Its hard to tell you but I never, never met this problem on many others Forum, even a lot of bigger than SOH. Its on SOH only.
    This is hard for me to understand as many users support SOH financially and this problem isnt solved and it grows more and more. You take a lot of money and no any changes. I have own Forum with 3000-3500 users only, the cost is less than 30$ per year and I havent issues like this (for sure its small Forum), but what is important in other forums, the larger ones lack of this problem.

Come on we are in XXI in 2020 with 5G, not on beginning of 2000 and sometimes it feels like twenty years ago on a telephone line here .... Pls fix it. TY!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This has been asked and answered previously.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...er-is-too-busy
    We have COVID19 incurred problems outside of our control.
    Migrating and updating is dependent on an outside service who just might be effected by the present situation.
    A reminder, ALL the staff at SOH are unpaid volunteers.
    Enough already.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    This is hard for me to understand as many users support SOH financially
    This is obviously not your case...

And remember that SOH is not only a forum, but an online multiplayer gaming server and a huge file library as well.

So please either offer your help or stop complaining so aggressively. Thanks.

YoYo chose his handle well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    This is obviously not your case...
    Can you explain why ? Im not user of this Forum and this community? I'm reporting a problem that has been around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    This has been asked and answered previously.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...er-is-too-busy
    We have COVID19 incurred problems outside of our control.
    Migrating and updating is dependent on an outside service who just might be effected by the present situation.
    A reminder, ALL the staff at SOH are unpaid volunteers.
    Enough already.
    Thx for reply and I would like to note that we all are unpaid volunteers creating mods, skins, improved our cfg and sharing information, running websites or forums or be beta testers for the rest ect.
    Its a hobby so here a reason why we signed up for it and I think it's a pleasure (isn't it?) .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Can you explain why ? Im not user of this Forum and this community? I'm reporting a problem that has been around for a long time.

Thx for reply and I would like to note that we all are unpaid volunteers creating mods, skins, improved our cfg and sharing information, running websites or forums or be beta testers for the rest ect.
    Its a hobby so here a reason why we signed up for it and I think it's a pleasure (isn't it?) .
    Yes we can explain: most of us here contributed financially, even yours truly here. I only asked for my forum name not to be marked as such. Have you contributed? Financially I mean?

I mean, if you're going to use the argument that lots of us contributed financially, then it would be best for that comment to come from someone who has done so. just sayin'...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I mean, if you're going to use the argument that lots of us contributed financially, then it would be best for that comment to come from someone who has done so. just sayin'...
    And? As I remember it was few thousands of $ and server is busy still. I didnt write about me as example (and I didn't write anything like that, please read it carefully ) but I wrote that many people support the forum financially, donation is free and its nice gift. Glad to see it that its not cost only for persosns who run webservices and I know a little about it and costs of those services. I would like to point out that the donation did not affect the solution of this problem, although it was a large sum, as I remember. The problem is that sometimes I have to spend 30 minutes to try reading something (or write several times the same post sometime) because the server is "too busy" (especially in the morning). Is it forbidden to report bugs and problems? Ok, I reported the problem, I have nothing else to add more here, better spend time flying something.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I only get the message here for a few hours pat midnight in US Central Zone. You really want it bad try accessing FSE site. Ever since MSFS2020 they have more down and slow time then SOH.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Let's get back OT or this thread will be terminated.
    Thank you.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

'Let's get back OT' ? I thought this was the topic of the thread...

Enough to say that my answer fell by bthe wayside as the server disappeared yet again this morning - I took a screenshot before it crashed. 'Nuff said...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reply.jpg  

My final thoughts on this:

SOH raised the money, so the cash is at hand. I think it is more of a problem that the techies in the staff are lacking time, due to the devestating results of the covid crisis. That is what has been said earlier anyway.

So, knowing that the cash is at hand, maybe we should exercise some patience here.

Instead of saying "why hasn't this still not been solved??", we could inquire in a friendly way if there are updates about the situation.

It costs nothing to be polite and we all deserve some respect.

Have a nice sunday!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Hi all,

As I live in the Central European Time Zone as well, I'm very familiar with this problem. For people in this time zone the problem gets worst around 9 AM, when the back-up starts. There is a script which copies the complete website, the bigger the site (including library) the longer it will take. This might not be the most clever way to back-up, but its what we currently have to live with. And please remember we have members around the world and this back-up starts well after midnight at the place where the server is located. The back-up lasts less than 2 hours so after this period the server will respond again. Normally I don't face real problems with accessing the server for the rest of the day.

Recently I've discussed the problem with Dave, who said the problem might even get worse, as the size of our site is still increasing. People are correct that the money is available, however there are some still some challenges to deal with. To name some:
    • Due to the way things were set up by Data-rack there are quite some things hooked up to our IP-addresses. When we currently switch provider, this will become an issue.
    • To say it mildly the support of our current provider is below the level we were expecting. They are not very cooperative. They are hiding behind a ticketing system, can't be called and do not respond to e-mails.
    • The new provider we have in mind, will not supply off site back-up, which is a thing we need to figure out how to deal with.

So please be aware that Dave is working on the problem, however things do not progress as we had hoped for. We are more or less as frustrated as you are, but there is no use to keep venting this here at the forum.

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    My final thoughts on this:

SOH raised the money, so the cash is at hand. I think it is more of a problem that the techies in the staff are lacking time, due to the devestating results of the covid crisis. That is what has been said earlier anyway.

So, knowing that the cash is at hand, maybe we should exercise some patience here.

Instead of saying "why hasn't this still not been solved??", we could inquire in a friendly way if there are updates about the situation.

It costs nothing to be polite and we all deserve some respect.

Have a nice sunday!

Priller
    COVID-19, the gift that just keeps on giving... and giving, and giving, and giving.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hmmmm...

I was so put off by the spectacle of someone complaining about something they can have for free, and about the results of efforts put in by unpaid volunteers, that it took me a while to see something rather obvious: some people seem to have this problem regularly, while others of us virtually never see it.

Very curious! How is that even possible? How can some folks be affected so often and others never or hardly ever? That makes no sense at all.

Because, Mick, when it happens to us here in Western Europe, you and most others in USA are tucked up in beddybyes.....it's called Time Zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    some people seem to have this problem regularly, while others of us virtually never see it.

Very curious! How is that even possible? How can some folks be affected so often and others never or hardly ever? That makes no sense at all.
    The server backup is happening each day at the same time. Since it is located in the USA, this backup is set to run during the night there when most users are sleeping. Problem is, this means it happens on the morning for European users (who check this website after getting up and before going to work), and if you look carefully most of the complaints about this problem come from European users.

Simple to understand enough?

We should look into having the backup run at around midnight or 1am CST or thereabouts. Less intrusive to both sides of the pond.

Members +
    For me, here in South Africa, GMT+2. no issue at all. I regard it as just one of things, & there is nothing urgent that I need. No problem to wait a few minutes.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    The server backup is happening each day at the same time....
    Im not sure about exactly the same time (but it is similar), sometimes it appears at 8, sometimes at 10 Am. For example Today I couldn't open SOH between 9 and 10.30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    We should look into having the backup run at around midnight or 1am CST or thereabouts. Less intrusive to both sides of the pond.
    Great idea, Thank You!