What does this message mean?

Thread: What does this message mean?

What does this message mean?

Hi all. Just reinstalled an old campaign, but get a strange message: An error occurred while passing the dynamic elements script file for this mission. The parser found a problem at line 94 near the token "waypoint_reached". Cause:Syntax error.
    Now I ask all you wise guys: What the h... does that mean in simple language? And how do I correct it? It says so in all missions (well, at least those I tried) in single missions, so it is not just one mission that has a problem. I can of course just delete the whole thing, and start over again, but it is an interesting problem I would like to sort out.
    Finn:isadizzy:

Well, ah, umh, One of the boys might be able to help ya. That genious, Dirtman, might have an idea.:ernae:

Question

Are you sure the missions are for CFS2?

Post one here in this thread ... let's have a look.
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Having "a problem at line 94 near the token "waypoint_reached". Cause:Syntax error" means that you have a conflicting line error in the missions *.dyn file which is created by mission builder whenever there are triggers and/or events involved.

Apparently there's something wrong with the formating of this particular line 94 in the dyn file WRT the "waypoint_reached" trigger or event. We won't be able to drill down to the problem by just examining the *.mis file. We'll need to see the *.dyn file also. Have you had this problem before when you used this mission in the past? It sounds like a either a mission designer's error or someone tried to hand edit the dyn file and screwed the pooch...or just plain old file corruption from the source archive it was extracted from.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Well, this sounds correct to me, but the problem is, that it is an age-old campaign I have had installed before. Now I have tried to recrate it for Bis-13 new planes, but even if I reinstall the original planes this message keep coming up. And if it were just one mission - I have tried 3 different missions in single mission, and get the same annoying message. As said originally, I can simply delete everything, and install a new CFS-2 from my back-up, but the problem is so interesting, that I would like to learn from it. i have NEVER seen such message before, thus it is - well, interesting.
    Finn

Finn, I think you'll find that this isn't that big a problem, I've had it too. But there is no pat answer as the error will vary from mission to mission. Bearcat is on the right track. Post the mis and dyn files here and you'll get an answer.

Sorry

I tried to upload the files, but apparantly it doen't work, or more likely, I do it wrong. Will try to learn how, and then post them. Thanks all, for trying.
    Finn

poet,traveler
    You will have to post them as a txt file.
    Of course I know what I'm doing,gee whiz......ouch,owwwww

Finn,
    which mission set is it?
    If you are unable to post the mis and dyn as txt files, just let us know what campaign or missions and then which one(s) are giving you the problems.

oh, and: which is the original plane you replaced with what add-on plane?
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Here you have it boys

Attachment 28542 This time I succeeded in getting the file uploaded. It is the old Battle of france campaign by West, that I have been tinkering a bit with and translated into English - or at least tried my best, since that is not my mother tongue. Now it suddenly gives this very interesting message. Since i do not know WHICH line 94 it refers to, i send you all the missions. Hope one of you Gurus can pinpoint what has happened.
    Finn

Well, seems I did'nt make it anyway.

Don't know what is happening here? The file was nicely attatched, when I pressed the "submit" button :isadizzy:

Landscape Gardener
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    ....... It is the old Battle of france campaign by West, ........
    I've already in the past had some issues with it ,the planes needed for the original campaign are today old and outdated some hand edit in the mis files are needed to change them ,this is a campaign that needs to be redone with new planes ,new sceneries and objects....

JP

One of my favorite campaigns in CFS2...........

I agree with you Jean.

If Rami does not beat me to it, once I am finished with Bong and McGuire, I was planning to come back to ETO. I would be happy to hand edit the mis files to update to newer aircraft and scenery. I believe most of the airbases needed are redone already.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"