its coming ,, im real excited .... eto1.3

Thread: its coming ,, im real excited .... eto1.3

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries

its coming ,, im real excited .... eto1.3

http://aussiex.org/wwiiaircombat/html/briefing.html

im excited .... almost filled my depends .........

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cant wait its getting closer

http://www.beauscfs3.leaveningonline.com/

:ernae:

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    You bad boy Joshua you peeked! :violent: I updated the site before the official word from the team, but yes it's true. An announcement should be made here and elsewhere very shortly.

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Oh man awesome news!! :ernae:

well I am excited:ernae:

Tis like Christmas all over again!

captroyce
    Wonderful!

Nice

Good thing I opted for the 500 Mb HD with all these CFS3 add-ons. :isadizzy:

Looking forward to the new content. Thanks!

Charter Member 2015
    Looks great but there is no explanation concerning the upgrade... Is it allowed to upgrade on a "modified" ETO installation or do we need a "clean" ETO installation?

Hope it allows to upgrade on a modified installation ...
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Quote Originally Posted by Phenozo View Post
    Good thing I opted for the 500 Mb HD with all these CFS3 add-ons. :isadizzy:

Looking forward to the new content. Thanks!
    I hope you meant 500 Gb HD but I remember it wasn't that long ago that talking about having a 500 Mb HD just meant you were bragging. I'm exicited about ETO 1.3 as well, I'm mainly a lurker but lurkers can get excited too.
    CAD

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Looks great but there is no explanation concerning the upgrade... Is it allowed to upgrade on a "modified" ETO installation or do we need a "clean" ETO installation?

Hope it allows to upgrade on a modified installation ...
    You'll have to await the official line from Kasey who's assembling the installer. But it has two phases. A deleter will take out obsolete files from the 1.2 install, then there is the installer which will overwrite many existing files with new and improved files. With all these updates a clean install is always recommended to ensure the success of the operation. There's more chance of complications when installing over a modded install. I've got a clean install, then I'll add all extra aircraft, missions, and weapons etc.

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Testing has been on a clean 1.20 installs.

As each modified ETO install is different it would be impossible to give an answer as to whether applying the 1.30 update will be sucessfull or not.

There is no harm in trying although would suggest you back up your current install first (always return ETO to Era 1 and default spawn selection before doing anything like this).

If you have the additions made to your current install available you do have a couple of weeks to run up a fresh install of 1.20 (needs vanilla cfs 3.1a then ETO 1.0 then 1.20 available from sticky web site above) and apply 1.30 to that when it is available in February as the least likely route to run into problems.

Prior to making additions it would be wise to tuck away a copy of your vanilla 1.30 install for the next update (audible groans from groundhogs).

Charter Member 2015
    Hello,
    I have a backup of my "initial" ETO installation and I will have a backup of my "actual" state so afterwards I can compare ....

I will try the upgrade first on my "actual" , and see .....

Thanks for the answers
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

I got rid of the era changing process and made five dedicated installs. That just means I'll have five times the fun of integrating the changes. :salute:
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Not 100% sure but there may be a chance the new US Navy MK12/38 Anti Aircraft gun makes it in to 1.3.

The 5" gun was installed on almost all US Destroyers, Cruisers and Battleships. When used as an anti aircraft gun it fired an enormus 5" diameter airburst flak shell equipped with a proximity fuse. In the old WWII photos you can pick out the much larger shell burst from the much smaller 20mm and 40mm rounds. Even if the shell splinters don't get you the actual shell blast may scare you to death. The sound of the explosion is not the small "Krump" of the other flak guns, you will know when one of these bad boys explodes near you.

The sky will now be filled with realistic flak of different sizes with drifting clouds of smoke in various stages of fade out.

Anti shipping attacks will never be the same after the MK12 gets in to ETO. The Luftwaffe is in for a very bad time.

O-1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The 5" shell has a lot of concussion so if you are close to the water you will see a concussion ring appear briefly on the water as well as a reflection of the blast. Night low level attacks are hairy.

O-1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]