Carenado C185F Skywagon released ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carenado C185F Skywagon released !

Well... I buckled.

Bill, are you flyin while under the influence...again?
    Chad (PAAQ)

Carenado always make respectable planes.

The VC on this one is especially good. I'm happy with my purchase.
    I've been tempted to get "Sibwings Birddog", but the security has put me off, so this has quenched my tail dragger needs and the cub.
    Pitty they did not make an amphibian or ski landing gear.

Attachment 27819

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

6297J
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBenn21 View Post
    Pity they did not make an amphibian or ski landing gear.
    Ben
    According to their forum over at Avsim when asked if they would release an expansion pack with floats, they said -

Yes, we will release a extension pack in the near future.

Carenado

Hopefully 'near future' means by the end of the week
    <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1703796-->
    <!-- THE POST -->

Quote Originally Posted by 6297J View Post
    According to their forum over at Avsim when asked if they would release an expansion pack with floats, they said -

Carenado

<!-- THE POST -->

Excellent. :salute:
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

Don't let the Sibwings security keep you from a really gorgeous bird, Ben. I have never had a problem activating one of their birds - it's simple and automated, just one of those put in your email and reg number kind of deals. You only have to do it once per rig, and even installing updates or reinstalling the plane doesn't require re-registering.

But yes, this 185 is a very nice piece of work.

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBenn21 View Post
    I've been tempted to get "Sibwings Birddog", but the security has put me off,
    Ben
    I WANTED the L-19 so I disregarded the 'security'...well it's no problem at all and contrary e.g. to other companies you can reinstall it as often as you like (at least on the same machine) and WITHOUT having to enter a code, connect to the internet etc..
    It's a really SUPERB plane!

Guess I'm getting this one next payday.. There should be some fantastic repaints showing up!

Darrell

I've tried several times this morning to purchase the 185, but can't seem to get a credit card transaction to go through. I've tried several cards, but the payment company server keeps says "can't process at this moment" or something like that. Anybody else have this problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactuskid View Post
    I've tried several times this morning to purchase the 185, but can't seem to get a credit card transaction to go through. I've tried several cards, but the payment company server keeps says "can't process at this moment" or something like that. Anybody else have this problem?

They grabbed me money yesterday at light speed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuskid View Post
    Same here - transaction was rejected 5 minutes ago... try later..

Quote Originally Posted by 6297J View Post

Carenado

<!-- THE POST -->

Hopefully they'll add an amphib, ski version, and a tundra tire as well.

Dave
    Cheers,
    Dave

I got the same credit card nonsense this morning, but I just tried again and it's working fine. Got mine all downloaded. Unfortunately, I have a full plate for the rest of the day, so I won't get to play with my new toy until tomorrow afternoon.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by sg38 View Post
    I WANTED the L-19 so I disregarded the 'security'...well it's no problem at all and contrary e.g. to other companies you can reinstall it as often as you like (at least on the same machine) and WITHOUT having to enter a code, connect to the internet etc..
    It's a really SUPERB plane!
    I'd love to get the Sibwings Birddog as well, but the Euro/Dollar conversion puts the price a bit too high for me for one aircraft add-on. While I somewhat understand UK/European developers pricing in Euro, it has dissuaded me from buying something more than once in the past couple of years. I imagine I'm not the only one. As such, I'd guess many sales opportunities are lost as a consequence. I don't mean this to degrade into a Dollar vs. Euro war, just stating the facts as I see them.

Dave
    Cheers,
    Dave

No longer active
    35USD.....2 tickets for Avatar 3D did cost me more and neither was the movie as impressive as the L-19 nor did the fun with it last as long

Payment worked fine for me an hour ago...:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by sg38 View Post
    35USD.....2 tickets for Avatar 3D did cost me more and neither was the movie as impressive as the L-19 nor did the fun with it last as long
    Heard the same arguement many times before. However, it's really comparing apples and oranges.
    For the record, I typically don't see movies when they're first run as they cost too much as well. Wait a few weeks until they hit the matinee and pay 1/2 as much.

I'm kind of coming across as a cheapskate here - so be it. :mixedsmi: I'd guess people like me help to keep prices down somewhat.

Dave
    Cheers,
    Dave

Yep, I just tried again a little while ago and the payment went through with no problem. Must have been a problem with their server.

I just took the pretty little red/chrome version on a short hop from Victoria to Nanaimo, and I'm impressed. She flies nice and handles nicely on the ground. I can't wait to see some of the repaints that folks come up with. I'm looking forward to an Aussie version. Good job Carenado!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

any idea when they will have it up at the pilot shop on flightsim.com? :salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Why choose ?

Quote Originally Posted by MirageIII2009 View Post
    Why choose ?

How do you get them side by side like that for screenies?

I use FSrecorder... available THERE

Anyone else notice the exhast pipe vibrating around? Nice detail!!!

Dave
    Cheers,
    Dave

I 2nd Kiwi's request. Also, can we get some close up VC screenshots (from users, not the developer)? Is there a spot to put the RXP Garmin units?

Thanks!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Members who have read this thread: 0