A2A Cub without accusim still worthwhile?

Thread: A2A Cub without accusim still worthwhile?

A2A Cub without accusim still worthwhile?

Looking at buying this. I am probably the only one alive that does not have it.

Is it still cool without accusim? Or is that a no no...

Anyone here start without it and then add it have any feedback on the delta?

Charles.

CL19O1
    I used it a while back without the accusim addon and still loved it compared to the default cub.

Master of Disaster
    My humble opinion about anything that A2A makes is this....buy it! I don't want to put down anyother delevopers because all of are awesome! But A2A, I have enjoyed everything they have done; believe me I have all of their planes.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

It is still a great airplane without Accusim but you lose so much. You could always buy them at different times if cost is an issue. Accusim sets it apart as something really special.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    My humble opinion about anything that A2A makes is this....buy it! I don't want to put down anyother delevopers because all of are awesome! But A2A, I have enjoyed everything they have done; believe me I have all of their planes.
    Agreed!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

I agree too, but the accusim is also worth the money in my opinion
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I imagine fully 1/2 of my flying since I purchased it has been in the A2A cub. It would still be a beautiful (if you like small, slow, yellow airplanes) and fun (same) plane to fly without accusim....

but, I would reccommend that you do everything you can to get accusim. It really gives the cub personality.

A while back I crashed my cub that had 30-some hours (no time-compression) on it by being stupid. (If it looks like you won't make it over the ridge, don't push it!) I almost felt like crying.

For me, it has become the addon by which all others are judged.

It's a gem with Accu-sim. Either way the 2D Shift-3 through Shift-7 screens are very useful and can add another level of involvement (keep an eye on engine wear, the nifty map screen than can take input from the Flight Planner and allows you to keep flying without pausing and going into the menu to get to MS's Map screen, and then there's Heidi too).

I've flown it with and without Accu-sim, but personally, but either way I found it much easier to fly than MS's J-3, control inputs seemed much smoother and I fly on full realism at all times. It also got me focused on flying it by the numbers which is very satisfying and immersive. And, I feel it easier with than without Accu-sim, strange as that might seem.

The only issue is if you want to dial up a flight plan (and fly realistically) of over say 200 miles and there is no refueling stop then your gonna need the extra range / fuel capacity of the Flight Replica's Super Cub (the extra speed doesn't hurt either). Of course, realism aside, with the A2A you can always bring up the Shift-4 screen and fill'er up in flight, and check the oil while your at it!
    "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is"

Thanks everyone. I will save up for the whole enchilada.

Charles.

Flying this without the Accusim is like eating a sausage without mustard - you'll keep thinking how much better it'd be with.

Members who have read this thread: 0