SOH Upgrades - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SOH Upgrades

:ernae:
    Originally Posted by OBIO
    I don't think we have to worry about having banners on the site....before that happens, Ickie would begin selling copies of the video tape he has of Henry dancing on a table top dressed in drag. I, for one, am more than willing to pay to prevent the public release of that video.

OBIO

NOT THE VIDEO! Anything but that! Donations done! That video could cause brain damage...
    LOL
    Sue

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    :ernae:

NOT THE VIDEO! Anything but that! Donations done! That video could cause brain damage...
    LOL
    Sue
    Jees!
    i thought that was a great performance
    singing me and my shadow:isadizzy:
    and balancing a glass of champagne on my nose
    Priceless!
    thanks all
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Jees!
    i thought that was a great performance
    singing me and my shadow:isadizzy:
    and balancing a glass of champagne on my nose
    Priceless!
    thanks all
    H
    Oh - I didn't think they meant THAT one - that one was good! It was the other tape...

Brian

My humble 0,02 EUR concerning banners?
    I won't care too much about them - in fact, they are beyond my horizon of perception!

If they would be neccessary to keep this great site running, I could live with them.
    But:
    Calclassic's banners currently seem to make my browser go freezing - one side effect the potential banner payer should consider...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I put what I could in but will have to wait for down the road to add more. Too many add ons on the ol credit card recently.

Charles.

Guys,

The help I have recieved on this website is superb, a real community, even if people fall out from time to time !

The opportunity of flying online with some of you guys is a real bonus, and as such is well worth an investment from myself to keep this priviledge alive.

Thankyou for all the hard work it takes to allow me to log on at any time for my sheer convenience.

All I can say is cheers to your efforts and God bless you for sticking to your beliefs!

Galand
    I am glad to contribute. This site is great!:ernae:
    Galand

Blog Entries
    Right behind you Ickie and team, this is a cheap hobby compared to many and between all the members $10k should be easily attainable. I can't imagine life without SoH!

Clive
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Retired SOH Administrator
    We can wait another for month on the upgrade....

I promise I will be patient..... :ernae:

Thanks for everything you do for us!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    We are getting the server there is no doubt about it, next month I believe I can get us a better deal.
    Look What I Have Become!

thank you for the hard work and good deicsions re hosting, my contrib will be coming in soon, and with many thanks. just have to finsih one more project and will be set for the next months.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Thanks for all the dedication and hard work!!!! This is the best site on the Web!!!

MisterKleen

Thanks Ickie for your dedication to this site. I was so upset when our friends at Microsoft turned off thier servers and then lied to us about them coming back. I searched for a solution for CFS3 flying for quite a while until I came across SOH.

You saved me and many other who fly with us from an addiction breakdown. I would like to thank you so much from my CFS3 brothers RanMan, 2Gun, Boomerang, Iceman, Dos Maximus, Aric737, Tailwind, Mustang, Ruffus, Deer Hunter, Lightman, Zaraspook, Ganesh, Willy Spaten, DC, The Blacksheep and thier vulchin sheeps, Starcrow, First Run, Air Power, Gustoo etc. etc. etc. and all the other fellas who I have missed out (forgive me old brain power) which we fly with on a regular basis from all over the world because of your efforts.

I personally have had one of the worst years of my life financially but I can assure you when things pick up I will contribute generously as you have provided us with the ability to fly and build our friendships and enjoy the thrill of combat.

I cannot count the hours of enjoyment you fellas have provided us by connecting us all togther. You are a fine group of fellas and I'm sure our group who flys CFS3 will step up to assist you in keeping SOH up and running. Its greatly greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Dennis Wilson
    A.K.A
    Screenman
    The finest desk Top Pilot in the Known World
    (lol that otta get some of em riled up lol)
    Suspect to a Cop: "She said give me 12 inches and make it hurt so I did her four times and hit her with a frying pan"

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    I don't think we have to worry about having banners on the site....before that happens, Ickie would begin selling copies of the video tape he has of Henry dancing on a table top dressed in drag. I, for one, am more than willing to pay to prevent the public release of that video.

OBIO

That was funny !

And made my eyes bleed somewhat too...

harleyman

OBIO

I saw the free version of that..

AWSOME HENRY !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    I saw the free version of that..

AWSOME HENRY !

I hear that is where Pee Wee Herman got the idea for the table dance in his movie.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

While the second server will add greatly to the reliability and speed of the SOH/Combatfs family of forums, preserve the current level of the download library and bring us a dedicated SOH FS'host for on line flying....it will not be free...we have to pay for it...meaning...we the members will have to open our wallets and send money to Ickie to pay for it all. I will gladly chip in what I can when I can through out the year to help pay to keep my addiction, I mean...favorite sim site up and running. Now the site needs its members generosity more than ever....we are now looking at about $10 thousand dollars a year to keep this site up and running...and that is just paying for the servers and band width...not counting any needed upgrades or repairs that may be needed down the road.

So, SOH/Combatfs members, it is time that more of us open our wallets and make small personal sacrifices to fund this site. Simply sitting in your chair while downloading free files while letting a few hundred members foot the bill will no longer work. We are calling on those members who have enjoyed the benefit of the forums, of the download library but who have not made donations to join those of us who have supported this site year after year with our contributions. I have never been able to give much, but I have been able to give something these last few years...and I know that my something added with all the other somethings have gotten the job done.

We have close to 17 THOUSAND members on the SOH/Combatfs family of sites. 17 THOUSAND! If each one of you, each one of us, donated a single US Dollar...we would have all the money we need to fund this site and to have a nice reserve for future expansion and repairs. If half of the total membership donated 2 US Dollars, we would still be in the shade.

But having 300 members trying to fund a $10 thousand dollar a year site is simply not feasible or realistic.

I know everyone will be excited about this site now having two servers, more bandwidth, a dedicated online flying site...now how many of you will show that excitement by hitting the Make a Donation button and helping to pay the bills?

OBIO
    A very good point.
    One that deserves some careful thought.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

hey

Thanks you guys for what you do- been hanging around here since forever
    got to have my out-house fix everyday- great job since day one many ,many Thank you's.
    RM

The only site I frequent on a regular basis, anymore. Gotta help keep this one as one of the best, if not The Best, FS site on the web. :ernae:

Thank You Ickie.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I may be able to give a bit more on February 3.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

harleyman
    Sounds like a great plan Ickie....:salute:

Blog Entries
    downloads and uploads are now off until further notice, about 1 week.
    Look What I Have Become!

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    downloads and uploads are now off until further notice, about 1 week.

i'll pass the word about...Thanks

I pledge to put a check in the mail tomorrow.

Members who have read this thread: 0