Why do you like cfs3? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do you like cfs3?

I like CFS3 because it was my first flight sim and I have learned to mod so many things. Its fun to play and tinker with. I like SOH because of the great people here.

Its quite difficult to think of another original reason why I like CFS3, everything seems to of been covered already. There is something about the immersion factor that sets the game apart from other sims, it does feel like you are flying through a real world. Another bonus is that the bullets arent really. I would love to fly a real Spitfire but the thought of having to fly one and be shot at at the same time is a little scary. I guess the game acts as a memorial and reminded to the people who couldnt hit the refly button.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BeauBrummie View Post
    I'm nor sure what you mean Emile unlessyou mean the way at low level they are hard to discern from the rest of the airfield texture?

Hello,
    Yes that's what I try to say. And it seams that all the runways have the same orientation, no?
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Blog Entries
    And it seams that all the runways have the same orientation, no?
    What airbases do you normally fly from Emile? There is a lot of variety in the UK.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

:ernae:

Good post Pat,
    I concur with everything already said here, CFS3 is like a Pandoras Box. It is infinite and who knows what else you guys have lined up as additions.

My scene is the on-line combat, and we have a great community band of folks in here too. -- ETO--PTO--Korean Skies--MAW, make really fine on-line WW2 scenarios we can sink ourselves into. Obviously, we cannot use all the special downloads available otherwise the "Mis-Match"-ing business occurs. But even so, what is available is great fun to fly in. I just love the PTO stuff, Zeros against P-40's over the islands.

Several of us fly also in Pascal's Missions and Games ( Std. CFS3 as he says ) and look fwd. to him setting up ETO and PTO missions. ( Tailwind is another missions Stalwart in ETO. ) But most guys are quite happy with the Std. CFS3 scenario, as points scoring is the main focus.

It's a way of life now I guess--lol.

Bill T.

RAF WINCO41

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I agree on everything posted here. The CFS3 family here is a Blessing..
    Because of the work of many talented people our Beloved flioght sim is as fresh as any new game out there..
    And I shall say without question, the men here have been wonderful and their support and help has been a blessing to many, Me included..
    Bravo, to all of those who share this "Hobby", which for me is more of a Lifestyle then a Game..
    :salute:

Icon5

Yup same here

CFS3 was my first sim which taught me the basics, also because it has been improved so much by our great modders, many thanks to you all

and not to mention the great community of people :salute:

cheers:ernae:

flying dutchman
    for me it was the beginning of flightsims too, later I got fsx and now I'm going to buy cfs2.
    maby I more it than fsx because when I crash here you can see damages on the plane, in fsx it only says 'overstress' or something and it stops.

And now a whole new world is opening for me, cause now I see I can download a lot of things for it.

a great community...and lack o swedes...:salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

Talking of Swedes... I had two Swedish students earlier this year, and sitting next to them, a German student called Mangold. You couldn't make it up if you wanted to! "Two Swedes and a Mangold...!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

I especially like night missions with searchlights, dropping flares etc

Also, trying out some of the ground vehicles led me in to wanting to have a go at tank sims like Panzer Elite and Steel Beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Talking of Swedes... I had two Swedish students earlier this year, and sitting next to them, a German student called Mangold. You couldn't make it up if you wanted to! "Two Swedes and a Mangold...!"
    LOLOLOLOL !!!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by ronnybengt View Post
    a great community...and lack o swedes...:salute:
    Well there was another Fredrik, but I believe he went underwater; or he went off with some girl called Rachel Stevens.:mixedsmi:

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I like CFS3 because I have this....

Jon it looks like a corsair but there is something different about it. Ok I give up???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????

Remaking Crimson Skies, Jon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

it's based off of a pic I foun on the net.
    liked it so much I had to make one!

Members who have read this thread: 2