CaptainSim B-52 Exterior model released - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CaptainSim B-52 Exterior model released

If someone is interested:
    I aliased it to a HJG 707 2d panel and itīs working .... I think itīs better than the 747!!! And with the sound package, itīs almost beliveable!!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    If someone is interested:
    I aliased it to a HJG 707 2d panel and itīs working .... I think itīs better than the 747!!! And with the sound package, itīs almost beliveable!!

Please!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Please!
    Rick
    Itīs not too complicate!! You can go to HJG site download a 707 panel that better fits your wishes and make an alias to it in the place of the 747's one. I had to do a little tweaking in the sound of the panel (Just deleting some sounds) to not goes over the B52 sound package and voilá!
    If nothing better apears i can go with it! :ernae:
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

More Details Please

Itīs not too complicate!! .... I had to do a little tweaking in the sound of the panel (Just deleting some sounds) to not goes over the B52 sound package and voilá!
    Hi flaviossa - How about a few more details for those of us that are more FSX challenged?

P.S. I'm liking the B-52 immensely.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Bombs Away

It is an extremely well designed aircraft
    With that sound pack posted here it makes it even better!

It is only $13.60 USD!!!

Rick

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I don't actually have this. However I do occasionally fly the Team KBT B-52, which has a basic B-52 style panel. You guy's might want to check it out and see how you get on.

http://www.simviation.com/fsxmilitary4.htm
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Bombs Away
    It is an extremely well designed aircraft
    With that sound pack posted here it makes it even better!

It is only $13.60 USD!!!
    Rick
    And even better: If you buy at Captain Sim's Online Store it's only $9,99...:isadizzy:

Great looking shots everyone

Incidentally I just read this over at the Captainsim forums:

"We'd love to see the B-52 with VC/systems, and might be we will release it one day.
    But unfortunately it is not in our development plans for 2010"

Sounds like the market is wide open at least for the forseeable future if anyone wants to release a basic, or even advanced, B-52 VC.

Darrell

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Might not be a full working vc:

But it does the trick for me..had to unisntall and reinstall the bird in order to get it going.

Best regards
    Prowler

I'm still getting CTD with mine:-(

Seems the CS Trouble Ticket system is down and they won't respond to forum requests for help either.

Don't really know what else to do. I've been very polite, but they've still deleted one of my posts.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    I'm still getting CTD with mine:-(

Seems the CS Trouble Ticket system is down and they won't respond to forum requests for help either.

Don't really know what else to do. I've been very polite, but they've still deleted one of my posts.
    Did you try the unistall /reinstall?

I would redownload the file

RIck

cockpit

as is usual with captsim, they even modeled the cockpit very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    Might not be a full working vc:

But it does the trick for me..had to unisntall and reinstall the bird in order to get it going.

Best regards
    Prowler
    How did you do that ??!?

Darrell

inside cockpit

when in wing view simply hit control shift enter or control shift backspace to shift side to side or shift enter to go up and shift backspace to go down and the just use your pan switch to move around, also control backspace and control enter to move fwd and backwards. i was suprised with what i saw, even though nothing is functional it looks alot better than the 747 view.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    when in wing view simply hit control shift enter or control shift backspace to shift side to side or shift enter to go up and shift backspace to go down and the just use your pan switch to move around, also control backspace and control enter to move fwd and backwards. i was suprised with what i saw, even though nothing is functional it looks alot better than the 747 view.

Thanks, will it work with Track-IR? (I'd try it myself but I haven't bought the BUFF yet and won't be back in front of my gaming PC till later this week to try it with another aircraft.)

Darrell

trackir

i'm not sure as i dont have track ir, however i was able to pan around so it might work.

Did you try the unistall /reinstall?

I would redownload the file

RIck
    Thanks Rick, I did try that - no luck.

Was it you in the CS fourum?
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970

Thanks Rick, I did try that - no luck.

Was it you in the CS fourum?
    Yes and you deleted the original download from your computer before you loaded it again from CS?

Did you try deleting all your temp files and cache?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Might it not be easier to just set up a new camera position that lines up with the VC ?, then just scroll through the views until you get to it, much easier than having to shunt the wing view back and forth, just a thought.

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Quote Originally Posted by hews500d View Post
    How did you do that ??!?

Darrell
    Let me get viewpoint right and iīll put it here, is a simple model cfg tweak, it goes like this:

[models]
    normal=CS_B52
    interior=CS_B52

you will lose all gauges and everything, and will have to regard to ctrl+z for flight input, but i simply cant stand flying it from a B747 cockpit.

Best regards
    Prowler

Yes and you deleted the original download from your computer before you loaded it again from CS?

Did you try deleting all your temp files and cache?
    Yes. I've tried that whole 'caboodle' several times. I just don't don't understand what's going on. Guess i've got something on my system it doesn't like. I have got a shed load of addons.

I might try a different nVidia driver i think.....

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    Let me get viewpoint right and iīll put it here, is a simple model cfg tweak, it goes like this:

[models]
    normal=CS_B52
    interior=CS_B52

you will lose all gauges and everything, and will have to regard to ctrl+z for flight input, but i simply cant stand flying it from a B747 cockpit.

Best regards
    Prowler

*smacks forehead* Doh!!! I would have never thought to use the exterior model for the interior too!

I agree this will be better than flying from the 747 cockpit, thanks for the info!

Darrell

Yes. I've tried that whole 'caboodle' several times. I just don't don't understand what's going on. Guess i've got something on my system it doesn't like. I have got a shed load of addons.

I might try a different nVidia driver i think.....
    I removed all nVidia drivers and reg entries etc and installed version 196.21

Now what happens is I still get the error message, but now the FSX flight loads up ok, but without a visual model! I just get the lights but no aircraft.

If anyone can think of anything i'd be mucho grateful. It's driving me potty

Thanks

dougal95 ... Did you switch off directx10 preview? I know itīs obvious sometimes but what you discribed is the same of having directx10 preview on.

dougal95 ... Did you switch off directx10 preview? I know itīs obvious sometimes but what you discribed is the same of having directx10 preview on.
    I NEVER run with DX10 - don't use it at all.

Members who have read this thread: 3