CaptainSim B-52 Exterior model released
Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: CaptainSim B-52 Exterior model released

CaptainSim B-52 Exterior model released

For those interested the CaptainSim B-52 Exterior model is released:

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/

IMHO the price seems to be reasonable, all things considered.

VCN-1

Can't complain with that price at all. Nice to see they haven't gone down the AlphaSim route, and instead have actually charged for what you get with the purchase.

Very good model! But in my view, i think this product is what it is now. I really donīt believe that CS will ever do an upgrade on it, concerning VC or anything else. I may be wrong but it seems that the development process of this beauty was canceled maybe due development staff going somewhere else, lack of material to work on, money issues or something like this.

But considering that itīs a B52!!! model, a very well done one and the price i may consider buying it to make some Wallpapers ....
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

It's a real shame if they don't pursue this one, because the exterior is incredible. I'm not necessarily a BUFF fan, but I'll fly anything that looks as good as their stuff, at least now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Very good model! But in my view, i think this product is what it is now. I really donīt believe that CS will ever do an upgrade on it, concerning VC or anything else. I may be wrong but it seems to be that the development process of this beauty was canceled maybe due development staff going somewhere else, lack of material to work on, money issues or something like this.

But considering that itīs a B52!!! model, a very well done one and the price i may consider buying it to make some Wallpapers ....
    That's hugely speculative and I think seriously unreasonable. They have a history with an exterior only release, the 727, which did (after a lengthy period of time) wind up receiving a VC in the end. The B-52's exterior price matches the original 727 exterior price, if you're going to make any assumptions at this point it should correlate with, not contradict the company's history.

Hello JohnC,
    My post was not about bashing this product at all. I have most of CS products as 727, c130 and the 757 and i must say that i like each one in itīs way. In my post above, i said that it was my view, even that it may be wrong.
    I think everybody can have their point of view about this respecting the forum rules and not being unpolite, as some days ago in another topic in here people almost had a fight about this product. It will be a good surprise for me if the VC or any update in this product appears in the future. A good surprise! But at the moment, itīs the way that i see this.
    And, of course, i probably will buy it in the next few days (End of month, no money) because as i said itīs a beatiful model and for the people that likes "visual flights", including myself, itīs a must buy.

Sorry if my words appeared as i was criticizing it. Far from it!!
    Cheers,
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Sorry if my words appeared as i was criticizing it. Far from it!!
    Honestly, even if you WERE criticizing it, you didn't say anything wrong. It isn't against the rules here to criticize something. You weren't blatantly bashing it and you didn't cross the line.

There is nothing wrong with criticism. Proper and constructive criticism can help improve everything from products to people.

JohnC,

Captain Sim have stated on their fourms that they have not promised a VC.

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB...789767/120#120

Ahhh, my sincere apologies then. I remembered someone making a post about a VC being developed for late 2010/early 2011.

Just downloaded it and will install in a bit. Price is right, at least for me.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Bit the bullet, bought it, installed it..regretting it..
    Yup exteriors are amazing, but the thing is un-flyable, as soon as i start the take off run, controls freeze, no elevators, no ailerons, end in a fireball at the end of the runway.
    Take 2, full flaps, i do get up in the air, but itīs a missile, canīt turn, canīt go up or down..
    Next time, iīll take the 15 bucks and take the wife out to the movies.
    Best regards
    Prowler

I know someone will correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the B-52 have a 6 person crew?

To duplicate 6(whatever the correct number is) separate cockpits/stations would be real challenge of integrating code.

I wonder what that would hit the FSX market for? And how long it would take to develop?

I did a little programing in the last century and every time a change was made the domino effect occurred.

VCN-1

I just read the H variant has a crew of 5.

I know the B-52 is notoriously heavy on the controls, but that sounds a bit over the top. Would have thought it would be similar to their C-130 (which still feels too heavy to me).

Oh dear.... not a good one for me i think...

When I select the aircraft, I just get the error 'The visual model could not be displayed', then FSX crashes to the desktop:-(
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Just purchased it.

FSX is loading so we'll see how it goes.

I figure for the price, I could either get it, or 3 packs of smokes. I'll take the B-52

Diego

Looks lovely too!
    Forever lurking.

I suppose a dumb question, but how do you fly it? I mean, only from the exterior view?

I Got the Buff - First Time Pix Post

The Buff loads with the default Boeing jet VC. Here is a pix of the Buff after departing the KIAD airspace. (Hope it works.)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

You fly it with the default 747 cockpit.... that's the REAL price you have to pay..... ridiculous if you asks me....

JamesChams

Question

Are all 8 engines "linked" to 8 seperate Throttle Axis' or just 4 from the default 747 :ques:

FYI: I'm just one of those people who are waiting for the entire package.

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    From,
    James F. Chams

Just loaded this one up for a flight out of KBAD, a nautural habitat for the BUFF. I'm at 15,000 feet, crusin' and really liking what I'm seeing from the spot view. For my money, I got what I was expecting.

Flying with the substitute VC isn't that bad for me. As I stated in another thread, I spend most of any given flight outside of the cockpit, entering it to take-off/adjust course/land/taxi, so it's not as jarring to me. Once you leave the cockpit and go to the spot view, oh yeah, it's a BUFF. Typical Captain Sim model...looks very good. Huzzahs to CS for top notch eye-candy!

I can understand the reluctance to go without a full model inside and out, but for me and how I fly, this will work very nicely. I spent my kid years around these leviathans at Barksdale AFB with my dad. I would look up and see them, hear them at night as the sound of their engines would drown out the TV. Being able to have this in FSX is worth the price of admission.

The potential is there for a great package if Captain Sim moves forward with develop of the inside model. From what I've read, that's the time-consuming part of development. If they get that part right, an aviation legend will have a proper place in FSX.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    Are all 8 engines "linked" to 8 seperate Throttle Axis' or just 4 from the default 747 :ques:
    I think FSX have a limitation of 4 engines, in this case engines are linked by pair, so more than 4 throttles is useless in FSX... I can be proven wrong tho.:mixedsmi:

JamesChams

Quote Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
    I think FSX have a limitation of 4 engines, in this case engines are linked by pair, so more than 4 throttles is useless in FSX... I can be proven wrong tho.:mixedsmi:
    Mr. "Josquin,"

Thanks for the info.; I saw that limitation, too, in FSX Controls menu and FSUIPC's. I'll have to wait and see if they do something "special" (like A2A does when it doesn't exist in the sim). But, I'm still waiting to buy because I want to do only a few installs; installing Patches are just TOO MUCH WORK for me.

Thanks again and Happy Flying!

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    From,
    James F. Chams

Members who have read this thread: 3