CaptainSim B-52 Exterior model released - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CaptainSim B-52 Exterior model released

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    CG1976 you can do the same with the c17, its basically what I did with the c17 its just that the names changed, Ill post if you like on how to do it.

Bill
    That would be a great double dip day post if you dont mind.:salute:

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Charter Member 2012
    CG1976 you can do the same with the c17, its basically what I did with the c17 its just that the names changed, Ill post if you like on how to do it.

Bill
    Here's how I did it

1 change the eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg to

[Views]
    eyepoint=84.8, -2.55, 12.4

2 copy the area51 texture folder to the C-17 folder (Because there is a folder already called texture.shared, I renamed the new texture folder texture.panel)

3 copy the area51 interior mdl in the model folder to the c-17 model folder and edit the config to say the following

[models]
    normal=ALPHA_C-17
    interior=Area51_Galaxy_interior.MDL

4 then rename the c-17 panel folder to Orig_panel
    and copy the area 51 panel to the C-17

5 then amend the texture config file all texture.cfg's (one in every texture folder)to say the following

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture.shared
    fallback.2=..\texture.bump
    fallback.3=..\texture.panel

Bruce
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

and there you go CG1976 wala , thanks Bruce

Bill

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    and there you go CG1976 wala , thanks Bruce

Bill
    Yep bingo it worked. Thank you Bill and Bruce.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Can someone tell me how the Bomb-Doors open ? Did not found a readme-file.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Can someone tell me how the Bomb-Doors open ? Did not found a readme-file.

shift+2 to visual the CS ICON then press the second one

Thanks merida72

Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post
    Someone got their hands on a paint kit and has some talent.

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1264273004

VCN-1
    Looks like our old friend Yago, perhaps?

Personally I've always found photo textures don't fit into my non-photo FSX scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Looks like our old friend Yago, perhaps?
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw it, looks very much like the one he did for the AS B-52.

That's a nice repaint.....

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

I wish....

DOUBLE POST...SORRY

I wish....

....Capt Sim would consider scraping the FLIR turrets off the bottom and sides of the nose, and get rid of the new-era ECM pods so we could have an early H model to paint in that '60s SAC look (hanging a pair of AGM-28 [aka Hound Dogs] would be wonderful, but is probably too much to ask). I'd settle for a FLIR-less version. If they would do that, CHROME DOME II, here I'd come!!!

Kent :salute:

I'm really beginning to like this aircraft.....
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Fireball6----
    Download the free manual if it was not in the payware aircraft download. If you have it already then it is in your CaptainSim folder? You will see animations pictured.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ....Capt Sim would consider scraping the FLIR turrets off the bottom and sides of the nose, and get rid of the new-era ECM pods so we could have an early H model to paint in that '60s SAC look (hanging a pair of AGM-28 [aka Hound Dogs] would be wonderful, but is probably too much to ask). I'd settle for a FLIR-less version. If they would do that, CHROME DOME II, here I'd come!!!

Kent :salute:
    AMEN!!

Found this at Flightsim.com, though FS9. I even like how they show the view ahead in a seperate panel for the EO nose sensors.

matt

Also, check out Rayman's pics of various skins his buddy has designed...awesome!

OK....call me a hypocrite, I deserve it.....I went ahead and bought the new CS B-52 even though I said I wouldn't buy a half finished product.

But DAMN.......just........DAMN

Those screen shots in the CS email notification saying it was released were too tempting and adding in the price of $15 was the icing on the cake and just made me cave.

I know it has a 747 VC but for now I can live with that because this plane just looks so damn good on the outside. it flies very nice too!

-G-

Lateral-G ..... you got my vote , what is it with the Boeing company .. they just seem to get right every time .. now with Captsim taken a shot a there nemisis 'the cold war' bomber , there previous history with supreb models , i think we need to egg em on so they can complete this 52

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Found this at Flightsim.com, though FS9. I even like how they show the view ahead in a seperate panel for the EO nose sensors.

matt

Also, check out Rayman's pics of various skins his buddy has designed...awesome!
    Looks like AlphaSims B-52 payware panel bmp has been edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    I know it has a 747 VC but for now I can live with that because this plane just looks so damn good on the outside. it flies very nice too!

-G-
    :ernae: My feelings EXACTLY! This model is superb!
    You guess - is this a photo or screenshot??? Unbelievable!

tigisfat
    I don't know if this has been asked before, and I don't want to read through the entire thread I missed: Can piglet or someone else release a VC?

If Milviz released one of their AWESOME VCs, I'd pay. Doesn't Milviz already have one done? I just can't bring myself to buy it without a VC.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked before, and I don't want to read through the entire thread I missed: Can piglet or someone else release a VC?

If Milviz released one of their AWESOME VCs, I'd pay. Doesn't Milviz already have one done? I just can't bring myself to buy it without a VC.
    MILVIZ has posted in this thread they are not going to do one.

There are instructions on how to adapt the A51 C5M to the B-52 in this thread.

It is worth the $15.

Apparently there are numerous paint schemes in the works.

VCN-1

real photos of the default paint may be of some help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Members who have read this thread: 3