Aerosoft Bell 205 Huey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft Bell 205 Huey

Aerosoft Bell 205 Huey

The Aerosoft Huey is still very much in the transition from Alpha, with testers presently taking their first peak at it. However I've been allowed to post a selection of pictures to allow you all a 'gander' at how she's progressing.

Can I also please point you to the dedicated thread on the Aerosoft forums.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index....pic=18527&st=0

If you have any constructive observations, that's the best place to air them as the designer, Joachim, is active in the thread.

Of course lively discussion is expected here too, just don't expect intelligent answers from myself. :d

Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

thanks for the heads up nick

My favorite chopper !!
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

lovely - one of our local illegal choppers:ernae:
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Cheers,

Nick

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    I will have too keep an eye on this model, FSX still needs a good huey.

Steve

MCDesigns
    Sweet! Another Huey, can never have to many of them!

Pure sweetness!
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Blog Entries
    I remember hopping a ride on one of those things to Korat to visit a friend. I was never so worried of dying. I can recall skimming just above the tree tops. I looked at the jungle below me and thought, if this engine quits, we are dead. I took a C-130 back.

I later flew in to them several times and "mostly" loss my fear of dying in one.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Stunning visuals.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Interesting rotor animation.... Not sure if I like it yet or not...

How's the VC?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Nick - which scenery are you using?
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

On Another Planet
    I will most likely have to go to the AS forum to get an answer but what is going to set this Huey apart from the other two that are either out, or in the works? I greatly enjoy the Milviz/ND Huey but the systems aren't very in depth. The Dodosim Huey is of course going to be epic, but it will also most likely be very expensive. What is going to set this Huey apart from both the Milviz/ND Huey and the Dodosim Huey?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

There is a discussion on the systems and pictures of the VC in the Aerosoft forum linked to in my initial thread above.

It's here again if you need it.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index....pic=18527&st=0

I'd advise going there for information of systems as I don't have the Dodosim or Nemeth birds, nor am I an expert on helicopters (or airplanes come to that), I just wander around this virtual world taking pics.
    Cheers,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Rezabrya View Post
    I will most likely have to go to the AS forum to get an answer but what is going to set this Huey apart from the other two that are either out, or in the works? I greatly enjoy the Milviz/ND Huey but the systems aren't very in depth. The Dodosim Huey is of course going to be epic, but it will also most likely be very expensive. What is going to set this Huey apart from both the Milviz/ND Huey and the Dodosim Huey?
    As an owner of the DodoSim 206 and ND/MILVIZ Huey I expect the Aerosoft bird not to be as good as the Dodo bird when it comes to FDE and systems, but superior to the ND/MILVIZ bird in that area. A middle position if you like but pricewise it will be surely in the Nemeth range.
    At least that is what I read in the threads at Aerosoft and Hovercontrol.

Sigh... I will for sure end up buying both hueys... I just love this bird too much. I flew a few dozen times in the UH-1D and loved it (meant that I didn't have to walk 30-50 km )

I like the rotor animation on the Nemeth Huey but am dissapointed in the Aerosoft Seahawk rotor animation, I hope that the rotor animation on thier new Huey is better than the seahawk. IMHO

Bill

JamesChams
    Has anyone bought/used this...

I'm thinking, it might go nicely with this Huey???
    Let me know... :salute:

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    From,
    James F. Chams

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    I like the rotor animation on the Nemeth Huey but am dissapointed in the Aerosoft Seahawk rotor animation, I hope that the rotor animation on thier new Huey is better than the seahawk. IMHO

Bill
    They have uploaded a vid about the rotor animation: Huey rotorhead.wmv (6.39 MB)
    Looks very impressive to me

I personally really like this animation, but I'm guessing it won't be for everyone.
    Cheers,

Nick

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    They have uploaded a vid about the rotor animation: Huey rotorhead.wmv (6.39 MB)
    Looks very impressive to me
    More like detail in the rotorhead than actual "rotor" animation, but impressive either way.
    I am not sure what I feel on the blurred blades in Nicks pics, will have to see the actual animation before I pass judgment. I know from experience that the impact the model has on framerates directly affects the animation on the rotors. Since the Milviz/ND bird has a bigger hit than expected, the animation isn't one of my favs. Hoping the Aerosoft bird is easier on the frames, but knowing Aerosoft, we'll see.

Reading the Aerosoft thread I can't help but notice the somewhat arrogant tone that comes across in some of the developers posts, guess the final product will be the way to back them up I hope.

Nick, thanks for the great images!! :ernae:

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shackleton_boy View Post
    Nick - which scenery are you using?
    Looks like the ORBX Tamworth (YSTW) scenery.

Cheers
    Pat

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Michael, it has to be said you are looking decidedly unwell at the moment, perhaps if you wore your baseball cap again it may help?
    Cheers,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Looks like the ORBX Tamworth (YSTW) scenery.

Cheers
    Pat
    Sorry, yes it was and also the freeware Launceston.
    Cheers,

Nick

Looks good, i think the main rotor animation is not to bad at all.

The tail rotor is very nice.

Cheers.

I'll fly it.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Members who have read this thread: 1