Aerosoft Bell 205 Huey - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aerosoft Bell 205 Huey

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post

Reading the Aerosoft thread I can't help but notice the somewhat arrogant tone that comes across in some of the developers posts, guess the final product will be the way to back them up I hope.

Gonna have to agree with you on that one...

kc

Got the same from Mr. Kok when I said I enjoyed the Hughes racer's eye candy but not the engine management. I'll never post there again.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

On Another Planet
    Yep, I asked him how he thought his would be different from the other two, and he told me modeling. I said that I thought the Milviz/ND one was very well modeled and he said he lost me as a customer. Sounds to me as if he is very full of himself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rezabrya View Post
    Yep, I asked him how he thought his would be different from the other two, and he told me modeling. I said that I thought the Milviz/ND one was very well modeled and he said he lost me as a customer. Sounds to me as if he is very full of himself.
    Strangely they posted a patch for the Hughes a little later that made the engine management a little more forgiving :-)
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

On Another Planet
    lol. Nice Roger. I was more than offended by his post because I have bought 6 planes from Aerosoft and he goes and says that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Cool.. good to see Hueys making a comeback.. I am working on a Vietnam mission set.. My hueys are not aerosoft quality but will have plenty of cigarette smoking special forces and plenty of napalm (na-palm pics not available yet) and plenty of palm tree scenery-- FSX Apocalypse now -coming soon

Well... I would very much like to see the VC. It's hard to make a judgment based only on the exterior....

And given that some of the Aerosoft team have said some not so nice things about our model, I will be paying super close attention to this....

kc

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Well... I would very much like to see the VC. It's hard to make a judgment based only on the exterior....

And given that some of the Aerosoft team have said some not so nice things about our model, I will be paying super close attention to this....

kc
    Assuming they've said bad things about your "final product," maybe you should wait a little bit longer.

I will.... hence the reason I made no comments about it one way or the other....

And there was no assumption made. It was quite clearly stated that their model was better.... (how they can make that judgment is beyond me...given that theirs isn't even done yet...)

The comments made by Mathijs were less than diplomatic, but it seems to me that some people here are calling the kettle black.

Can I ask if I should continue posting previews of this Helicopter here in future, like I always try to do? I'd rather not be in the middle of yet another political battle.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick C View Post

Can I ask if I should continue posting previews of this Helicopter here in future, like I always try to do? I'd rather not be in the middle of yet another political battle.

Please do continue posting them, they're great. Maybe devs could continue their "discussion" on their own forums, just a suggestion of course

Well I understand the need for freedom of speech Pekka, that's what the forum are about. But I really don't want to get involved with the scraps that are becoming far to common.
    Cheers,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick C View Post
    Well I understand the need for freedom of speech Pekka, that's what the forum are about. But I really don't want to get involved with the scraps that are becoming far to common.
    Yeah but I haven't seen Mathijs badmouthing competitor's product here in SOH.... but I could have missed it:mixedsmi:

But just in case this goes south... in before the lock

That's just the discussion that's been had here on PM.

Anyhoo, I don't have the Nemeth model, I'm sure it's very good as the Dodosim one will be too.

Live long and prosper all.
    Cheers,

Nick

MCDesigns
    Nick, regardless of peoples thoughts on the product, you are doing a very fine job of advertising the product and there is no doubt because of it there will be increased sales. No product is ever perfect for everyone, I can find something I don't like about EVERY addon I have.

As for being in the middle, you have first hand knowledge of a product that has other versions out from other developers, it's natural. Just ignore those that are not involved with your project at that time.

Regardless of any nitpicks, this will be a definite purchase for me

Please do continue to post your shots Nick! I genuinely enjoy looking at them, even the ones of projects I am not interested in. You have a gift, its best to share it.

On to the issue at hand, I read the thread & saw nothing wrong with Mathias comments. If he didnt believe he could make a better model (bear in mind "better" is subjective) then he is a fool for putting the time & resources into making it.
    The best part of all is he made his comments on his forum! What gets my goat is the petty pissing contests that go on here between some of the devs.

What I think would help matters is if a new SOH rule was made for all Payware FS devs:
    You may not make a posting about another devs work or business practices whether good or bad whatsoever.
    I believe this to be a fair solution, they all have their own forums where they can post their side of the story. No doubt this would eliminate most if not all of the dev squabbles that go on here.

Do I have a 2nd?
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Yes, I'll second your vote.

Edit: I don't think there is anything wrong with positive or constructive posts.

In the meantime, I'll post a few additional images.

Cheers,

Nick

Members who have read this thread: 1