E-Cigarette

Thread: E-Cigarette

E-Cigarette

You don't have to leave the building... smoke and have a drink in your favorite pub.

http://www.theconsumerherald.com/e-c...sub=xpcecigusa
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Charter Member 2016
    Have you tried this ?
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

i use one and swear by the thing, they're great, no carcinogens etc... but all the fun of smoking... and if i recall almost 80% cheaper, mine i just plug into my USB port to recharge, you can get various strength capsules, and in various flavours (gotta be marlboro for me) but yeah you can 'smoke' indoors again... a tip if you get one, always carry a spare battery and cartridge or two...

MCDesigns
    Interesting. Being a die hard non smoker, when I see a woman at a bar that smokes it is a HUGE turnoff for me, probably because of the smokers I have dated, I have had to deal with the constant smell (and taste) of "smoke" on them, their clothes, even their homes which is NOT a pleasant experience. I wonder if something like this could actually eliminate this aspect of being a smoker.

theres no scent to it, or not that i've noticed, and i'll have to ask my Mrs if theres a taste only thing they emit is vapour, water vapour i think (99% water, 1& Nicotine vapour), no smoke at all...

Edit: from the site i purchased mine:

Overview of Benefits

80% Cheaper than real cigarettes
    No carcinogenic/cancerous toxins
    A healthier alternative
    Proven to work with smokers
    Legal to smoke in public areas
    No lighting, no burning, no tar and no real smoke. No cancerous substances (during the burning of tobacco there are approx. 40 cancerous substances), no ashtrays, no cigarette butts, no horrible smells and no air pollution (no COČ).
    No tobacco
    You can lower the strength of nicotine over time
    The "smoke" like vapour emitted is completely harmless and vaporizes within a few seconds, the odour does not linger so you clothes will not smell of tobacco, neither will your car or home! It leaves no visual residue in the air, whereas traditional smoking can leave an unsightly, acrid cloud known to irritate people around you.

The Smart Smoker can be used legally anywhere as there is no passive smoke (subject of course to the property owners permission), no health concerns and of course nothing flammable. You may be asked what you are smoking of course as the Smart Smoker looks realistic, however customers report that by explaining to others how the Smart Smoker works, usually creates acceptance for using the product anywhere and requests as to where they can be purchased!

The renewable cartridges are available in 4 strengths, Normal, Medium, Low and no nicotine and are normally despatched within 4 working days of ordering, a cartridge will last aproximately the same time as 12-20 normal cigarettes dependant on your smoking style so you will also save aprox 80% of your costs as a bonus.

i'd just like to add if i may, i don't endorse smoking in any way, shape or form, it's a habit i'd love to quit, which is why i got the e-ciggy, gradually lower the nicotine content over a timeframe, and thus quit smoking...

i quit over 3 years ago, but if it's the same as smoking without the harmful effects, i'd probably try it

I've seen this around on TV in my area. A few years ago I thought there was somthing just like this too. I'm I the only one thinking this too?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

They've been around a while...I think there was an issue with the FDA or something, but it looks like that's cleared up.

I use one also but order empty cartridges and nicotine juice from http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/ Their stuff is great. Comes in different strengths and flavors. Right now as I type I am puffing on Wild cherry high nicotine content.

If any buddy gets one of these make sure it is a 510 model. They are by far the best. Almost all of the companies buy the few that sre made and market them under their brand. http://www.shop.i-35electronics.com/...tarter-kit.htm this is a link to a model 510. They are by far the best for the money. I have no clue about the company on this page just that that model is great.

I'm such a tech geek that even though I don't smoke, now I want one of these....
    Matt

No thanks. I've seen them at the Christianna Mall here in New Castle. The one's selling them are a bunch of pushy SOBs that hound the daylights out of you to get you to try one. I didn't realise they were that expensive.... there's better ways to quit than a toy that'll keep you hooked. To me it's nothing but snake oil.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Happiness Consultant
    I did my time at smoking ... I've been smoke free for over 32 years now. I don't need this either.

"Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    No thanks. I've seen them at the Christianna Mall here in New Castle. The one's selling them are a bunch of pushy SOBs that hound the daylights out of you to get you to try one. I didn't realise they were that expensive.... there's better ways to quit than a toy that'll keep you hooked. To me it's nothing but snake oil.

I absolutely agree. This is not a stop smoking device. It is an alternate way to get your nicotine fix. I would never advocate anyone using one of these that is not all ready horribly addicted to nicotine, such as I am. If you are a smoker there is no doubt in my mind that these are better for you. My lungs feel a WHOLE lot better than smoking cigs. No carcinogens makes a big difference. It still feels almost exactly like you are smoking the real thing. There is still a huge amount of nicotine and lets face it it is horrible stuff. Still if you won't quit totally these are the way to go. I am still just as addicted to nicotine as I ever was.

Plus they are great in bars.........

Oh and the ones sold at malls are overpriced junk. The 510 is the way to go, unless you want to spend considerably more.

Happiness Consultant
    Not to start a controversy, but nicotine is still a drug. Though somewhat legalized.

Like any other drug it will ultimately have an adverse affect on you and your physical body over time.

Having broken free of that drug, I did it cold turkey. Threw out a half a pack of pipe tobacco and set the pipe aside and walked away from it. No crutches, no band aids, no feeding freenzy looking for something to do when I wasn't smoking, no anger issues, set my mind on getting on with my life without tobacco and moved on. Just done with it.

I feel sorry for those who feel they "must" do this. To me, and this is just an opinion so try not to be too offended, people who can't or won't quit are weak willed. Its a real man or woman that can will themselves free from a drug.

Good luck to all you trying to quit. I wish you all the success in the world.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

well said snuff, i've gone through 20 cigarettes since 0700GMT, mostly due to relationship issues... backing myself into a dark corner slowly, smoking seems to take my mind off it a bit.... but yeah if i had never smoked and someone offered me one now i'd turn it away knowing how much damage it does in the long run, but as i took it up by myself, well it's my crutch in tough times...

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    Not to start a controversy, but nicotine is still a drug. Though somewhat legalized.

Like any other drug it will ultimately have an adverse affect on you and your physical body over time.

Having broken free of that drug, I did it cold turkey. Threw out a half a pack of pipe tobacco and set the pipe aside and walked away from it. No crutches, no band aids, no feeding freenzy looking for something to do when I wasn't smoking, no anger issues, set my mind on getting on with my life without tobacco and moved on. Just done with it.

I feel sorry for those who feel they "must" do this. To me, and this is just an opinion so try not to be too offended, people who can't or won't quit are weak willed. Its a real man or woman that can will themselves free from a drug.

i wouldn't argue with most of what you say. i quit the same way you did.
    but i've had the ability to turn it on and off for quite a long time. the only reason i smoked for a period of about 5 years before i quit, was because i liked it. before that i smoked for 25 years. one day i realized that i didn't have to do it, so i would put them down for weeks or a month at a time without any real adverse effect because there were times when it didn't fit into my life. for example, my fiance' didn't smoke, so when i would come to canada for a week to visit, i didn't smoke. when i got back, work would be piled up at the shop, so i didn't really have time to smoke, so i just didn't. if it was cold or rainy and i didn't feel like going outside to smoke, i just didn't smoke. when i did smoke, i enjoyed it. that's why i look at that e-cigg and find it interesting.

Charter Member 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post

Most people who have quit smoking have that attitude (superiority) about continuing smokers. I don't say this negatively Snuffy, as it's human nature and you certainly did earn the right to feel that way because you found the power to shed the addiction.

I quit cigarretts for about a year and a half and felt exactly the same way. Then - I started again right when I thought I had rid myself of the addiction. Nicotine addiction is fantastically strong and you will never rid yourself of being suceptible to it's addictive properties.

If you quit - you MUST never pick up another cigarette again, thinking that you have this thing beat. I am now preparing myself mentally for my third attempt. . .
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Happiness Consultant
    Toastie,

I'm sorry if I came off with the superiority complex attitude, I didn't intend to. As I started my last comment with "not to start controversy"

Having been there myself, my heart goes out to those who can't or won't find the will power to free themselves.

I'm empathetic in this.

Just wish I could convey it more appropriately. And for the record, NO! I didn't take offense at your reply. I wish you the best in your third and hopefully final attempt.

Snuffy / Ted

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaker View Post
    Most people who have quit smoking have that attitude (superiority) about continuing smokers. I don't say this negatively Snuffy, as it's human nature and you certainly did earn the right to feel that way because you found the power to shed the addiction.

I quit cigarretts for about a year and a half and felt exactly the same way. Then - I started again right when I thought I had rid myself of the addiction. Nicotine addiction is fantastically strong and you will never rid yourself of being suceptible to it's addictive properties.

If you quit - you MUST never pick up another cigarette again, thinking that you have this thing beat. I am now preparing myself mentally for my third attempt. . .
    True
    ex smokers and ex drinkers are normally
    the first to complain
    i have been smoking for more that 40 years
    it is hard to quit especially if you do not want to
    i do realise how it affects others
    and i am always aware of non smokers
    and do not smoke in front of them
    should i quit probably
    will i, probably not
    that does look interesting though
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

I doubt it's cheaper than rolling and I'm masochistic. I prefer smoking outside over smoking inside regardless of weather.