Russian Tanks

Thread: Russian Tanks

Russian Tanks

Barbarossa is nothing without Russian tanks.
    I don' t have any in my archives.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Achim

Hi Achim

Xavier & Silvia's Soviet Vehicle packs include a few tanks amongst all the other goodies like trucks and artillery.

I've got three sets of CFS1 Soviet (and some German tanks) by James Elwood/Steve Seybolt that Tango Romeo converted for CFS2 but they go back to 2003 and I can't remember where I downloaded them now.

Anyone else know these? They came as vehicle library object collections : efrtanks, rusnobj1, Rusntank

I hope this helps.

Cheers
    BuV

p.s. love the new airfields. Please keepup the great work!

In Fox Four Campaign Packs

These tanks and vehicles are included in the Fox Four Korean campaign packs, but I don't remember which one. Trucks, Halftracks, Katushas, T-34s, T-34/85s, IS-1s and KV-1s....if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nole View Post
    These tanks and vehicles are included in the Fox Four Korean campaign packs, but I don't remember which one. Trucks, Halftracks, Katushas, T-34s, T-34/85s, IS-1s and KV-1s....if memory serves.
    Doh!

I suppose TR was the clue really . . .

Cheers
    BuV

I've got some, believe they were GC, let me check Achim.:salute:
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

Yo Achim;

If you look in Ajax's "Normandie-Niemen" campaign, in the "Kuban Bridgehead" objects folder you'll find some of the tanks & guns you are looking for.

Here's the link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&F ileID=3449

I know there are more Soviet tanks out there, just can't remember where they are either. :isadizzy:

Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Found it.......don't know where its from, check your email:
    barbarosa_missing_objects.zip
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

I have some Soviet tanks and self-propelled guns (other than the ones already mentioned) but they are a bit over scale. Still, they look good on a strafing run and from a distance. I am fairly sure that they were made by Steve (?) Seyboldt, who also made an early Pe-2 for CFS2. Now you are testing my poor old brain!
    Just a thought....could someone go into these files and scale them down?

Just checked the above. The self-propelled gun is still available at Simviation. the following are made by James Elwood from API file by Steve Seybolt:
    t60dtank - Russian T-60 Light Tank
    kv1dtank - Russian KV-1 Medium Tank
    t34dtank - Russian T-34 Medium Tank
    is2dtank - Russian IS-2 Medium Tank

I'd call the KV-1 and the IS-2 HEAVY tanks. I also came across DPs in my EF install for a Soviet Valentine tank and a Soviet Matilda, but I'm still trying to figure out where I got them.

Thank you guys,

this forum is amazing.
    If you have a question you have brilliant answers almost before you have hit the submit button.

Thanks again.

Achim

Some of those would be unsuitable for the Barbarossa time frame. For example the IS/JS-2 and the T-34/85 and SP Arty would have appeared later in the war. The term SP Arty is a misnomer. Except for the multiple rocket launcher systems (like the BM-13) the Sovs didn't really have any. Their indirect fore artillery was towed. The SU-76, SU-85, SU-100, SU-122 and SU-152 were heavily armored and classified as "assault guns", used primarily as direct fire (not indirect like true artillery) support weapons and sometimes as tank destroyers. Not sure about the SU-76, but the SU-85/100/122/152 appeared much later than bararossa.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

soviet tank 1941

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Some of those would be unsuitable for the Barbarossa time frame. For example the IS/JS-2 and the T-34/85 and SP Arty would have appeared later in the war. The term SP Arty is a misnomer. Except for the multiple rocket launcher systems (like the BM-13) the Sovs didn't really have any. Their indirect fore artillery was towed. The SU-76, SU-85, SU-100, SU-122 and SU-152 were heavily armored and classified as "assault guns", used primarily as direct fire (not indirect like true artillery) support weapons and sometimes as tank destroyers. Not sure about the SU-76, but the SU-85/100/122/152 appeared much later than bararossa.
    the soviet tanks and vehicules are in the Xavier "Nomohan campaign" in SOH

soviet vehicule

Quote Originally Posted by dombral View Post
    the soviet tanks and vehicules are in the Xavier "Nomohan campaign" in SOH
    they are in simouthouse adds on CFS2 other 3 files : soldiers; vehicules 1 ; vehicules 2

Silvia

Silvia also did some nice early-war BT armored cars. I have them, but I don't know if they are available for download anywhere since her site went down.

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Waiting for her permission to upload them.

Members who have read this thread: 0