Capt Sim releasing B52H Exterior only this month - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Capt Sim releasing B52H Exterior only this month

Charter Member 2011
    I am not a modeller, and so have no experience of the past.
    What I do see is a whole lot of effort going in different directions which looks like a wasted resource.
    The implication also is that freeware efforts are crap which I do not accept.

But, if the discussion has sparked even a small shift in how a payware product comes to market - and it's a cheaper or faster process - then it was worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    The implication also is that freeware efforts are crap which I do not accept.
    Your intentions are well meaning, but your understanding of development is not very clear. There is a lot of stuff out there, but when I need say, a very specific gauge for the plane I am doing...I am probably going to spend less time making my own than I will spend trolling the 'net hoping someone else has made it. I have had only one instance where I found something that was a huge help, and that was the soundset that I used for my Pietenpol, but that was a freeware release. You are correct that none of these things are available to be used in a payware product. Someone attempted to do something similar to what you envision, but it failed miserably. People put a lot of effort into their work, and they are understandably not about to give it away for someone else to profit from!
    Regards,
    Robert

But, if the discussion has sparked even a small shift in how a payware product comes to market - and it's a cheaper or faster process - then it was worth the effort.
    But it hasn't. There's nothing wrong with how payware is made now- by those who FINISH their products before selling them and have good customer relations. You never see these types of threads about them.

:mixedsmi:

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    But it hasn't. There's nothing wrong with how payware is made now...
    Well, seeing as how two of the major players have decided to try a slightly different tack, there might be some room for discussion here.
    But speaking as you do for the entire industry, I'm sorry to have taken up your valuable time...

Fact is, there will come a time when the do-it-all-yourself cottage industry format isn't sufficient to produce the necessary quality and volume.
    The aerospace industry has already shown this.
    Airbus, Boeing Commercial Airplane...they don't make their planes any more, they just assemble a lot of stuff which may or may not have been produced inhouse.
    There is a rocky road in managing that transition, and it's best done early in the learning process.

Well, this has become more than I can take...
    Eject! Eject! Eject!
    Regards,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    Eject! Eject! Eject!
    You're ejecting and I'm falling out!

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    ..what a load of.....

I´ll better eject from here as well...

Prowler

JamesChams
    Finally... I'll be able to put my 8-Axis Throttles to use...

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    From,
    James F. Chams

It will become harder and more expensive to produce products to meet our ever-rising expectations.
    Hasn't it already? FSX changed the development times completely due to all the new functionality and things to learn.

I suggest you install gmax and try and make something because clearly you have no grasp of the work involved.

Your bandwidth recruitment drive post would've been better served as a completely seperate thread, and put in a polite way. Afterall you don't see charity fundraisers following members of the public down the street asking them why they are not donating to their charity.

I would suggest that this thread gets closed as it is a complete waste of time.

Perhaps in future new release threads should be in the sticky and locked at the beginning post to avoid the same old arguments every week. Most of us are intelligent enough to make up our own minds on products without the constant ranting.

:isadizzy:

Exclamation

Well, seeing as how two of the major players have decided to try a slightly different tack, there might be some room for discussion here.
    But speaking as you do for the entire industry, I'm sorry to have taken up your valuable time...

Fact is, there will come a time when the do-it-all-yourself cottage industry format isn't sufficient to produce the necessary quality and volume.
    The aerospace industry has already shown this.
    Airbus, Boeing Commercial Airplane...they don't make their planes any more, they just assemble a lot of stuff which may or may not have been produced inhouse.
    There is a rocky road in managing that transition, and it's best done early in the learning process.
    Some people are taking this discussion too personal and maybe also too narrow-minded.
    Of course there are things written that just aren't the way it works..... today.... but there are also forces at work that weren't here before. Partly because of how the economy works, partly because of technology changes, and partly because the world we live in changes...... like it or not.

So I agree that FS development will NOT be the same for everybody in the years to come. Companies like Aerosoft have branched out to using east bloc programmers for some time already, and are also using them in a 'production mode'. Aerosoft is not alone. Others do, or tried, as well.

And then there's the issue of new markets. Maybe MS did stop making FS, but fact is that it is not used in other parts of the world as much as it is used in our western world.
    You'd be surprised as to what will happen in the next few years to that end.

And branching out to new markets works two ways.. getting new customers, but also getting new resource suppliers.... programmers, factories, ideas...... I think it will be a much larger shift than many of you here envisage today

Now, the important thing for THIS community is to be able to benefit from those changes that will take place elsewhere, and not be left behind because of rejecting changes beforehand. Lets keep an open mind.
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    So I agree that FS development will NOT be the same for everybody in the years to come. Companies like Aerosoft have branched out to using east bloc programmers for some time already, and are also using them in a 'production mode'. Aerosoft is not alone. Others do, or tried, as well.
    Captain Sim has always been an 'east block' company. Apparently that didn't help them with B-52.
    Mike

I wasn't referring to Captain Sim and I wasn't referring to east bloc 'companies'. I said Aerosoft (as an example) is using (former) east bloc programmers.
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

raptor19
    No VC, just an external model? This may well be the second "Payware" model to be released this way. Sorry guys but you ain't going to get my money until you finish them. Other than the many, many brilliant "Payware" releases out there now this makes you appreciate the "Freeware" guys who are up to "Payware " standard (we all know who they are) and the hours they spend even more. And yes, I have several great Captain Sim aircraft like the F-104 and Herc etc.

Piranhas are stirring. I'm surprised I stuck around and finished reading after the two above hit the eject button. Seems over at captainsim someone voiced their opinions in the same fashion as most here.

Hi I was extremely excited at the announcement that Capt sim was working on a B52!..i usually dont bother with payware as my funds are not exactly overflowing....however i have purchased a few FSX addons over the yrs when i feel they warrant the expense...

I am a BIG fan of the Vietnam war and all the aviation that was involved and was delighted that the Buff was going to be modelled by the great Capt sim.....and looking at the screenshots it looks amazing!....

One thing that attracted me to FSX was the inclusion of dedicated and highly authentic Virtual cockpits as oppossed to say xplanes basic offerings...even the FSX default aircraft have excellent functional/flyable and in most cases detailed Virtual cockpits....however they cannont compare with some of the better PAYWARE VC's out there.....so one of the attractions for me and i would say EXPECTATIONS is a realistic and fully functional detailed emersive Virtual cockpit...

I often look out of the cockpit and also enjoy the many exterior views that FSX offers to further enhance my simming experience...

But what i fail toi understand is why such a respected and reputable company as Capt sim is doing when they intend to release such an iconic and amazing historic aircraft like the B52 which is so highly anticipated and desired by many....is being released with an aliased 747 Virtual cockpit and NO dedicated avionics or interior views at all!

I have just joined this forum to register my absolute disappointment and utter confusion of what the hell Capt sim is playing at?....no one would order a truck and expect to pick it up incomplete?...

Imagine the scenario:
    Oh, did I tell everyone I was buying a brand new truck next week? I got a heck of a deal!! Yeah, it's being delivered to KSEA via air freight. I have to take a trailer to pick it up. Strange new approach to the auto industry. I saved money and bought it without the engine, but it has pedals and two seats

Please please please Capt sim...stop this ridiculous policy and release fully complete and interior as well as exterior models!..i for one will sadly have to pass this one by and wait to see if the vc is released at a future date..which from the admins comments here looks highly unlikely...i personally dont want to fly a b52 around from the default 747 cockpit...how belittling and unrealistic for any serious FSX pilot!....sorry for such a long post and going on but i am very disillusioned with your companies attitudes and policies as regards Payware releases of late and am deeply saddened that such a great company as yours can resort to such tactics.....thank you and take care...

Charter Member 2011
    My apologies to those who didn't understand the argument, and got offended.
    Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=30047&page=10

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=31038

Members who have read this thread: 0