3 Questions Please - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Questions Please

Ian, check out the Vidarsaurus, you have one sitting there waiting for you in Argon Prime. I liked the Gunbuss but this beast carries more cargo and it's faster too. Both are much need in this mod.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Sort of like unlimited ammo, unlimited shields, etc.. Takes the fun out of it.. (unless you are really upset with a Xenon Q ship... lol).

Bill

What you are talking about sounds like the God mode that is available in that Cycrow add-on. That has a shield generator that is second to none and a weapons generator that allows your weapons to stay at 100% with continuations fire. You can, and will die with it on! I had to try it out a couple of times, but like you said it takes the fun out of it. (Unless of course you have a dog named Shredder!)

Now I have to disagree with your definition about taking the fun out of it with the unlimited saves. I would rather say that it adds to the frustration of it all.

I’m into the dog fighting aspect of the game at the moment. If I see a random pirate band of let’s say 20-30 ships a ‘normal’ person in a M3 fighter would probably not take on the overwhelming odds, especially so if the last station you docked at was a long time ago. But with the Salvage insurance, you can save then see if you are bad enough to take them all on.

The deal with the unlimited insurance is that I don’t have to worry about finding a place to buy them at, then remembering to keep up the ‘inventory’. As an added benefit I add to my fighting skills by taking on stupid odds and dying, a lot!

I guess there is really no correct way and to each their own, but the unlimited amount of saves is really cool in my book.

The one thing that I wish the game had is a pause that didn’t pause the whole sim. I would be nice if you could pause and still be able to give orders to your wings or cargo ships. It is the worst when you are in the middle of battle and get the message that your freighter is under attack or some other message that is useless until after a battle, and then by that time it is usually to late.