Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler

Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler

Your thoughts on a i7-975 ex - I plan on using a Noctua nh u 12p se2, But want some thoughts on the corsair - Seems easy enough to install for a self contained unit - Thanks Chris

harleyman
    Personally I have not used the Corsair...But I have used the Nocturna on several builds and like it lots..And it works great....

Thats one heck of a CPU you're getting there....Big bucks...LOL

Thanks - I have the Nocturna on the self along with all the other parts - still waiting for the HAF 932 to arrive, anytime now, then I can start building....I know I could of went with other choices, but I wanted to come out of the "stock" gate with what I thought would be best - and to top it off - Now my wife said she would swap me her Systemax X58 for my current set-up of a 2.40 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q6600,ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5N32-E SLI PLUS 1.XX,NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS,2 - 150 Raptors,3072 Megabytes Installed Memory - Read good reviews on Nocturna for the (possible OCing) to be done - Used to fly in my dad's Bonanza out of Rochester N.Y. back in the early '80s and I enjoy things maxed as much as possible in FSX - Thanks Chris

harleyman
    That chip you are getting should get the FSX job done for sure..They do run fairly cool too....

You may find that an OC is not even necessary...

But when you get that OC bug and the feeling you get when what you tried worked.........not saying I want to push the envelope, just a tad though - FSX and CFS3 are my main, but the wife enjoys Flatout2 LAN'ed between the two comps....Lets out the real her....Just an added question...Between the Nocturna and all the fans in the 932 - things should be cool if the fans are set-up(flow) right? and would I need the fans on the m-sticks?

harleyman
    The HAF is one of the best cooling cases avaible now in full tower..

You really never need mem fans, but some ram, like Corsair offer a free fan with the purchase of say....Dominator Series 1600 and up speed, in a DDR3 3X2 kit...

so its not needed, but is nice if you find a good deal that way

932 should be here on Thursday - Put together the i7 to the Rage II and mounted the Nocturna, installed corsair dominator gt - 6gb ddr3 2000 and their fans - When the case comes in and since I have not seen(touched) one - is their a proper route for the airflow on this case vs. the fan flow on the Nocturna? - Oh ya, convinced myself to keep current set-up for an (office) machine and use the new one for games only - Probably the last time in my life I will be able to do this....:ernae: and starting to read the Rage bible

harleyman
    That case has lots of fans...

Front fans pull in

Top fans blow out

Rear fans blow out

Heat Sink fans blow to the rear

Thats the basics.......

Thanks - That's what I was looking for - Chris

harleyman
    If per chance your case comes with the top fan blowing in , not out, it has been tested that that fan makes no real difference in inside case or component temps what so ever .... So your choice..

But the rest need to remain as stated above ...

How would you config?? I have two 150 Raptors in my current set-up and have a 300 Vraptor waiting for the new one - I was planning on putting all of them in the new rig,but since I am keeping the current one - Should I: a - keep the two 150's in this rig and the 300 in the new one, b - keep one 150 in this rig and put the 150 and 300 in the new one? I want this rig to be my(office) and new one the (gamer) for FSX,GEX,REX,UTX,CFS3(ETO,MAW,PTO, and more),CFS2, plus whatever game comes down the pike(would like to have FSX on its own drive alone, if that is better) - Chris

I have a
    Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler and i love it my cpu over clocked i7 920 at 3.8 never goes abouve 31 degrees celius
    love it

harleyman
    Hi Shane...

Good to know...Thanks for that...

OK - Got the case and it looks(huge) SWEET - Question on how you set up the thermal sensor connectors - How do you mount the bare metal end that goes on the piece you want to monitor? Is there a glue or tape or something I am not getting:isadizzy:? Decided to not rob any of the parts from the current set-up and had to order a dvd/rw and another 150 raptor.....Thanks for the cooler thumbs up - Chris

harleyman
    You have a case with fan/ temp controller?

or just one ambient temp lead??

anyhow..The temp probe usually is in a tube, take it out and it tapes onto what you want to monitor..

i fine that regular tape sucks..i use a small piece of that silver tape used for putting together and sealing duck work..not the cloth stuff..but the foil faced stuff.

just a 1/2 inch square piece cause its heat reted and will never fail or discolor

My FSX rig is like this

150 V-raptor for the OS and Apps

300 V-raptor for the FSX itself

650 for system and all backups

My BAD - I meant the 3 thermal sensors that come with the ASUS Rampage II - Plug on one end and the other end has a flat piece of bare metal(small) - Kind of like your outside temp sensor minus the plastic wrap for your digital temp gauge....Nice idea on the tape - and Thanks for the HD placing - Going to work on it more Sat. afternoon - Chris

harleyman
    You have the Extreme or the Gene edition Rampage?

Are you refering to the LCD internal display by chance???

I'm lost slightly on the thermal sensors...

The Extreme, and they are optional/extra thermal sensors(3 of them) that plug into the board in different areas to give you the option to monitor(thru a ASUS program I guess, have not read that far) 3 separate objects of your choice. plug,long wire and the other end has a bare plate.....Looking to see how you attach the bare ends to your object....Trying to find a good pic of what I'm talking about......Chris

harleyman
    OK I got ya now..

Yea, thats done thru the motherboard software..

The leads just tape to the components...

They are not that accurate...

1) To the CPU heatsink ..On top

2) towards the center of case, out of airflow for ambient case temps

3) to HDD on top in the center of the platter region

Thats it.....

New rig up and running today - Have to rearrange couple thing....old and new have to share same monitor....

WOW....Just got FSX/ACCEL installed with Nicks write up.....WOW....plenty more to do - run's FPS in 100+/- unlimited at times - have it locked at 30 and 18-24 over NEW YORK w/close to max on all - Real Happy - Thanks Chris

harleyman
    Good news.....Let us all know how it rocks FSX please.

What KVM did you go with ?

Still reloading aircraft(finding passwords and regs),REX,GEX,UTX from old to new - next will be scenery and such. Will see how runs tonight....
    2-Port Compact USB VGA KVM with Built-in Cables
    GCS42UW6 - have one at work and I trust it.

harleyman
    I have never used the Cpmpace KVms but have read reviews that say *GOOD*

Glad you are almost there..

It can be a daunting task some times...Take with plenty of these

Better news - Found 16 CD back up set of 98% of all my FSX,CFS3,PTO,ETO and CFS2 and 1, FS98 and up zip files......:ernae: Going to transfer all to DVD's - Overclocked to 3.7 and had 25+fps smooth everywhere(every thing almost maxed) and temps ran from 28-30c idle and not over 50c loaded. Trying to install program that does the KVM style switch,but through the computers....win xp does not seem to want to talk to win 7 right now....