Dang It

Thread: Dang It

Hybrid View

harleyman

Dang It

I am trying to play some...And my controls seem all goofed up...I can not pull up or down at all..All I have is roll and left / right...Makes it about impossible to do a thing...LOL

Have been trying to just default it back, but am having no joy..All I was trying to do was reverse my stick so a right twist gave me right bank,and visa versa with left twist..

The way it was was completely goofy for me, as one input did the opposite of what I was after...Not like a plane at all...

I wish I could help you out, but I use the mouse. Sorry about that, but be patient as somebody will come along and get you all straightened out soon. :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    I am trying to play some...And my controls seem all goofed up...I can not pull up or down at all..All I have is roll and left / right...Makes it about impossible to do a thing...LOL

Have been trying to just default it back, but am having no joy..All I was trying to do was reverse my stick so a right twist gave me right bank,and visa versa with left twist..

The way it was was completely goofy for me, as one input did the opposite of what I was after...Not like a plane at all...

Harleyman, go into the controls option and select Load Profile, there are a couple of alternate profiles and select one of those, it should have the same Joystick controls as the default, then you may have to reset some of your key combos, but that should be easy.

If that does not work out I can always eMail you the default profile from my game, I made changes but I saved with a new name so the default is unchanged.

Send me you eMail addie in a PM if you want the default and I will send it off to you.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

harleyman
    Thanks....I'm tied up for a while, but will go look for those alternate profiles and try them..

Thanks

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    HM,

Actual space craft (the NASA Space Shuttle) are like this as well. Crazy.. A pilots controls should be maintained in a constant and for some reason, humanity (NASA) has switched them.

In X3, you pull joystick to the side, and the craft does a flat turn horizontally with no roll. If you nose down, that works right. If you twist the joystick, you rotate on your Z axis, left to right, or right to left.

You might be able to change it around so that twisting will rotate you horizontally. That would be nice. Like rudder control on a plane, which I think NASA should approach. (NASA like sims use the same controls that X3 use, and I disagree with that).

On my X3 Reunion installation on Apple Mac, my joystick freaks out and loses zero point when I am in a dogfight. It does this too in X3TC in WindowsXP mode but not at much. When in WinXP mode/X3TC, I can unplug the joystick USB for about 5 seconds, plug it back in, and zero point is reactivated. I have a Saitek X52 though, which auto-reprograms zero point, so that is probably my issue...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

harleyman
    Well I got it back to defaults..Thanks gigabyte...

It is odd getting used to these controls..just when I think I have it, I pull a wrong move and toss things all about...LOl

I'm getting there though..

next up...Figuring out how to go from point A to point B without auto dock engeged...

And how to pick a target to go to and actually get there looking at that goofey map....

SOH-CM-2014
    Mason,

When you wish to find a target, pull up your sector screen with > and move down to the target, leave it highlighted, and click T key and it will target it. Click Escape once or twice to clear the screen. Its now targeted and you can find it easily (helper arrows, blue color).

If you are cruising along, and have most 'software' on your ship, you can click T key and move your cross hairs on a ship or station, etc, and your onboard computer will tell you what you have targeted and act as a scanner of sorts.

If you have all scanner systems loaded on your ship, you will get all the various readouts on that target, such as human life (and alien), and freight, etc.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Didn't quite escape.
    Or a hub/switch/router.

We have a four port wireless router with two desktop PCs, the cable modem and a switch hanging off the back of it. The switch then feeds two more desktop PCs and a NAS device. But then Mrs. P is a school IT tech and I'm an ex company IT tech, so we like messing about with networks and stopping them being notworks.

SOH-CM-2014
    My iMac is amazingly 'normal'. I cant believe it. I must have gotten into them as they really became adapted to the rest of the world. It has a bunch of USB's in the back, one Ethernet, and thats it. No way to link out a firewire, SATA, etc. It would be nice, but the casing isnt set up for that. The huge, powerful Mac is though. But then it houses 4 HD slots, lolol.. I might consider getting one of those next instead of the new 27" iMac. It is more of what I need for my biz.

Good to know on the network though. I'll keep that in mind.

But back to apple, its very 'intell-ish' now, or worldly. Adaptions and interactabilities are pretty common now with hardware. I hope they achieve this with GC's soon. I hate having a special Apple GC card, though it is still ATI and nVidia.

Bill

I'm running 2 200Gb SATA HDDs in this computer now. Thinking of adding a third just for more storage. All the new games I'm running are loaded on the 2nd HDD and run from there. I can set up for RAID but just adding a HDD is easier for me right now. Plus I have an external USB 160Gb HDD to store stuff on too. But that can be dangerous if it's not shut down properly. When we moved I lost everything on it and it was shutdown as it should have been before I disconnected it. Oh well, it's all been replaced with new "stuff". LOL

One of these days I'll get a 1 T Sata HDD. Only thing is, doing a defrag will take a long long long time when it gets loaded up with "lotsa stuff".
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

harleyman
    Ahh Thanks Ian...I have a wireless router, a hub too, so I can access that way if ever need to..

Thanks..I think its called network Sharing...LOL

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    One of these days I'll get a 1 T Sata HDD. Only thing is, doing a defrag will take a long long long time when it gets loaded up with "lotsa stuff".

Mine doesnt take too long. I would have thought it would, but it doesnt.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Mine doesnt take too long. I would have thought it would, but it doesnt.
    Bill
    What Defrag program do you use Bill? I've been using the stock MS defrag, and sometimes I'll use MyDefrag-v4.2.4. Both seem to run at about the same speed... not very fast. And I've had to run MyDefrag twice just to do a complete job.
    Gary -

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

Good stuff in my opinion, especially after what I have heard about the stock defragger that MS puts out. (for XP anyways)

harleyman
    I have been using IOBIT Smart defragg for several years now...

I put it on all my customers computers too..Along with CCleaner and Secunia PSI.

One word of advice...On defragging...To much and to often is not good on the platters.... Once a week is fine.... I have killed several drives over defragging them...

Thanks on the IObit recommend guys.

Mike, I don't leave my computer on 24/7 so a defrag in the middle of the night is out for me. I usually set an Antivirus scan for early morning on Fridays, after I start it up for the day, and I'm out for my morning coffee at WaWa. I'll just set a time for a defrag for a day other than that.

Like Mason says, once a week is ok... too many are not so good.

Boy, AVG doesn't like IObit does it. LOL

Just saw this looking around...... Transfer/Clone & Backup - http://www.spotmau.com/products/pack...FVw55QodcEOw1Q

Has anyone used that?
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Thanks on the IObit recommend guys.

Mike, I don't leave my computer on 24/7 so a defrag in the middle of the night is out for me.
    :mixedsmi:

I probably should have gone into more detail, I have my system set to defrag every 3 days but it alternates drives, I do my system drive on Monday night, the Media Drive on Wed and the Game Drive on Sat, I also set the advanced setting to only defrag if the file fragmentation is more than 10% so it does not actually do a full pass all that often.

The whole System Maintiance process is very different for everyone depending on how you use your systen, I personally never shut my system down, but I do have the power scheme set to put it in sleep mode after 1 hour so it is not buring up juice when not in action blasting Kahak and Xenon...lol

You need to play around a bit to figure out what works best for you, but the key is to do something on a regular basis that way it is not a weekend project to defrag and clean up a drive.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    One word of advice...On defragging...To much and to often is not good on the platters.... Once a week is fine.... I have killed several drives over defragging them...

Eeeks... Thanks Mason for that valuable bit of information.

Bill