Dang It - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dang It

I probably should have gone into more detail, I have my system set to defrag every 3 days but it alternates drives, I do my system drive on Monday night, the Media Drive on Wed and the Game Drive on Sat, I also set the advanced setting to only defrag if the file fragmentation is more than 10% so it does not actually do a full pass all that often.

The whole System Maintiance process is very different for everyone depending on how you use your systen, I personally never shut my system down, but I do have the power scheme set to put it in sleep mode after 1 hour so it is not buring up juice when not in action blasting Kahak and Xenon...lol

You need to play around a bit to figure out what works best for you, but the key is to do something on a regular basis that way it is not a weekend project to defrag and clean up a drive.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

harleyman
    I set mine at bed time to defragg all drives and shut my pooter down on completion...

After a big reinstall I do the full optimized deal, that takes hours . then I touch that only once every two weeks, and do a normal defragg inbetween...

The full one(bottom drop down) moves all the files back to the outer most part of the platter for faster read/ write times....