Super Cub: Now Available
Page 1 of 17 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Cub: Now Available

Super Cub: Now Available

(Mods please do not erase this thread!)

The Super Cub is now available, via easy, quick and secure purchase at the store here:
    http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCub_basepage.htm

Assuming you like what you see, once you've made your purchase, you'll receive two emails: one with your order information, and one with the download link. If you only receive one, check your spam or junk mail inboxes.

For those for whom download size is important (in case one time of day is better than another, or for bandwidth issues), the package sizes are as follows:
    Complete Package: 429 Mb
    Extreme: 164 mb
    Standard: 205 Mb
    Classic: 132 Mb
    IFR: 46 Mb
    To fully enjoy (and understand) the Super Cubs, you really need to read the Manual first. The Manual also has hints for FSX setup in case that's important for your rig. For those who just can't wait and will jump in straight away, here are a couple of pointers to get you past the first few minutes:
    - If it's a knob, or the gear or flap lever, you will probably need to use the mousewheel. Clicking alone will not work.
    - The flaps are powerful - be prepared.

Want a rifle? Read the manual.

I hope you like.

Mike

gajit
    Its fantastic - great value and so much fun - and well done for making it so frame rate friendly

Best release this year!! (and best super cub in FSX history IMO) :salute:

PS - who is the attractive passenger modeled on?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Congradulations on the release Mike! I didnt realise it was this soon!

WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    PS - who is the attractive passenger modeled on?
    Just your average girl.

Same with the pilot.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Just your average girl.

Same with the pilot.
    Hes just your average girl too?? Me thinks there is a story in there but I will leave it alone

Great stuff Mike! I got the whole package & it is impressive!
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Hes just your average girl too?? Me thinks there is a story in there but I will leave it alone

Great stuff Mike! I got the whole package & it is impressive!
    LOL, DON'T make me change the post. And thanks.

Mike

I took the leap and purchased the full package tonight. Great models and Cockpits, but somehow I find the speed a tad off. It can`t be normal to fly the Super Cub on 40-50% throttle and still struggle with getting into the yellow range in level flight. No chance of overheating the engine this way.

Regards
    Bjørn E.

Wonderful Project Mike

You did not disappoint

Got the complete Package and i'm taking a short flight in each to enjoy
    their differences.

gonna be abit

Quote Originally Posted by WF442 View Post
    I took the leap and purchased the full package tonight. Great models and Cockpits, but somehow I find the speed a tad off. It can`t be normal to fly the Super Cub on 40-50% throttle and still struggle with getting into the yellow range in level flight. No chance of overheating the engine this way.

Regards
    Bjørn E.
    Hi Bjørn,

At 75% power (approx 2300 rpm) you should find yourself at or just below 100 mph.

Mike

Landed somewhere in Tongass Fjords, and floated untill I gently hit the shore.
    Just hope I didn't damage the floats.
    It's a very nice package. I guess I'll start reading the manual now.

Cheers, R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Bought it...flying it...loving it. This is an incredible FSX Super Cub. I've been making do with the Aerosoft PA-18, also a great product but for FS9.
    I haven't read the whole manual, so this may be answered in it. Check New World Mailer on Catalogue AU.I have not been able to check the fuel levels in the gauges. Can't see any level in the glass. Anyone else have this problem?
    And yes, careful with those flaps!!
    John
    ATC USN Ret

I know I'm doing this backwards , but I haven't flown it yet. I've only read the manual. Thanks for all the effort you put into a really great manual, Mike!! Much appreciated.

cheers,
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Bought it...flying it...loving it. This is an incredible FSX Super Cub. I've been making do with the Aerosoft PA-18, also a great product but for FS9.
    I haven't read the whole manual, so this may be answered in it. I have not been able to check the fuel levels in the gauges. Can't see any level in the glass. Anyone else have this problem?

You won't see any level until you've used up a quarter of your fuel or so, and then you'll see the fuel-lever indicator balls floating in the tubes. Then you'll have a clearer idea of how much fuel you have left. When the tanks are full, the balls are hidden up at the top end of those tubes.

Mike

Charter Member 2011
    Fort Rucker, Alabama, United States, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    I haven't read the whole manual, so this may be answered in it. I have not been able to check the fuel levels in the gauges. Can't see any level in the glass. Anyone else have this problem?
    You will not be able to see the ball floats until some of the fuel is exhausted...or you can go into the fuel and payload dialog and change the fuel to half full to see them.

Mike beat me to it.

I posted in the thread below but thought you might want to keep everything in one thread. Here is my question: Any chance you could list exactly what won't work with SP2 ?

Thanks

gajit
    This looks great no matter what the light - more you look the more detail you see

Quote Originally Posted by Snaker View Post
    I posted in the thread below but thought you might want to keep everything in one thread. Here is my question: Any chance you could list exactly what won't work with SP2 ?

Thanks
    I'm not sure of everything that doesn't function properly, and it doesn't appear constatant across the board, but as far as I know from testing on the Super Cubs the door open/close clickspots function only as one door (so clicking one door can sometime make both work together), and turning on the radio power button can turn off the master battery switch.

Hope that helps!

Mike

Wow Gajit,
    Nice shot! I am still downloading, thanks to the slooooow speed here.
    Can't wait to fly her.
    Thanks Mike in advance :salute:
    Chad (PAAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    I'm not sure of everything that doesn't function properly, and it doesn't appear constatant across the board, but as far as I know from testing on the Super Cubs the door open/close clickspots function only as one door (so clicking one door can sometime make both work together), and turning on the radio power button can turn off the master battery switch.

Hope that helps!

Mike
    Thanks for the info. Very nice looking product! :ernae:

rsharrard
    You don't know how happy you've made me! I've been wanting a Cubcrafters for a long time. Then I got to fly the L-21 which is almost a perfect match of Shaun Lunts that he stalled and crashed, killing himself in the process looking at whale remains on a beach up in Alsaka. If you would like to check out his web page which his parents have kept up, here is the link.

www.shaunlunt.typepad.com

There are tones of Alaska & Super Cub photos, as well as a small video of shown showing off the stuff he packed in the aircraft for servival in the wilderness of Alaska...
    While its not a bad set of aircraft, I just uninstalled my FSAddon Cubs!
    Thanks for all your efforts, well worth every dime! Robin

Great! Got the package. Love it! Thanks again Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by rsharrard View Post
    Incredible pictures there, some of the best I've ever seen of Alaska!!! Unfortunate his adventures had to end....
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Incredible pictures there, some of the best I've ever seen of Alaska!!! Unfortunate his adventures had to end....
    All of our adventures end at some point. At least he had a helluva ride along the way. His life was too short, agreed, but what a time he had.

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    All of our adventures end at some point. At least he had a helluva ride along the way. His life was too short, agreed, but what a time he had.
    Amen to that!
    Chad (PAAQ)

Wow Mike!
    This is unbelievably good. Just took her for a short spin (Extreme version).
    I am almost speechless. This is my main steed.
    Thank you for this. Made a sim dream come true.
    :ernae::salute:
    Chad (PAAQ)