Super Cub: Now Available - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Cub: Now Available

Spaceweevil,

Thanks for the heads up regarding Mike.

Edit: The carb heat controls for those models are located on the right tire valve stem, just open the door and..
    Naw, there is no carb heat. You missed nothing friend.
    Chad (PAAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWeevil View Post
    Just to say that I've heard from Mike already via FR Support and he's looking into it. I've never been anything but delighted with FR releases and customer service!
    Ok, my mistake, yes inded the carb heat controls were missing in the Standard, L-21 and Wheel-Ski. I've redone the models to put these items back in, and new installers will be uploaded today. I've also updated the airfiles in the L-21 and Wheel-Ski versions to conform to the correct Standard ones.

So just to wrap up support issues to date:

Only Complete and Standard package are effected.

- Airfiles are now up to date for the Standard, L-21 and Wheel-Ski versions;

- Airfiles are now up to date for the fuel gauges in the Early and L-18 versions;

- Carb heat knobs are now in the Standard, L-21 and Wheel-Ski versions, and will be in the new installers (see below).

Correct airfiles mentioned above are avilable right now via email at the support address. Installers available later today through your original download links will have all the above incorporated. As soon as I know the new installers are available, I'll post here.

Mike

Thanks Mike for your great support. This is an outstanding package.
    If you FR Super Cub pilots want some real challenging flying check out the airstrips that Raw Grit provides for Papua New Guinea.

Timber
    Cheers,
    Tenpin

gajit
    Yes - brilliant product and service - so many other producers need to use this as a good example of a well made and tested product.

Its so nice to get in and go in a plane without the feeling that I am beta testing like a few years ago :ernae:

The new installers are now available (as of 2 pm Eastern).

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post

Mike
    Mike,

I have the full package. Just for clarification, do we download the entire package again from our original links and then reinstall over the original install?

-Bob

gajit
    Repaint 2 on the way

Quote Originally Posted by monk1 View Post
    Mike,

I have the full package. Just for clarification, do we download the entire package again from our original links and then reinstall over the original install?

-Bob
    Hi Bob,

Yes, download the installer again from the original link. I recommend that you uninstall the old package first, and then install the new one.

Mike

Canloan
    Quote Originally Posted by monk1 View Post
    Mike,

-Bob
    Well, I just finished re-downloading and installing the "complete" package (I uninstalled the original) however, on my first load (the L-21) I see that the carb heat still doesn't appear to be there...

We might have to wait for a confirmation that the "complete" package installer has in fact been updated. Hey, we can still fly these incredible aircraft so a slight delay isn't all that too onerous.

Arnold Kirby
    Kelowna BC Canada

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Repaint 2 on the way
    Nice, John! If you need any help locating parts, just let me know (via the support address).

Mike

Mike
    From the original emailed links from when I bought this on the first day?

Or is there new download sections.

I was housecleaning aircraft and uninstalled it.

Where can I get the latest download of the Standard Variants I bought.

Thanks,

Charles.

PS - I will respond to the email you sent for the original air files of that's easier for you.

Charles.

*EDIT* Sorry I got your last email with the three update files. I responded there.

Thanks for the personalized customer service efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by Canloan View Post
    Well, I just finished re-downloading and installing the "complete" package (I uninstalled the original) however, on my first load (the L-21) I see that the carb heat still doesn't appear to be there...

We might have to wait for a confirmation that the "complete" package installer has in fact been updated. Hey, we can still fly these incredible aircraft so a slight delay isn't all that too onerous.

Arnold Kirby
    Kelowna BC Canada
    Not sure if this is indicative of anything but I downloaded the full package again and noticed that the application file has the same date and time as my original download.

gajit
    Nice, John! If you need any help locating parts, just let me know (via the support address).

Mike
    Thanks so much - i just have a few bits to locate - I will email if i cannot find! :salute:

Another day and another doller

Mikes.outstanding super cub.

Arnold Kirby
    Kelowna BC Canada

I just downloaded an installed directly from the store to check, and everything is there. You may have downloaded before the server updated itself?

To everyone, you should uninstall your Complete or Standard package before downloading and installing the new versions. That way you will be sure you have the latest.

The names of the installer .zip folder will be the same, so that there are no problems when using your original download links.

Mike

Canloan
    Hello Mike,

I just re-downloaded the complete package subseqent to your last posting here confirming the update...however the installation "exe" file appears to be same one as the one I downloaded earlier. It has a modified date and timestamp of 1/10/2010 9:22 AM.

I would have thought it would dated and timestamped sometime today. I can contact you via your support e-mail if it would be more appropriate.

Many thanks.

Arnold Kirby

Hello Mike,

I just re-downloaded the complete package subseqent to your last posting here confirming the update...however the installation "exe" file appears to be same one as the one I downloaded earlier. It has a modified date and timestamp of 1/10/2010 9:22 AM.

I would have thought it would dated and timestamped sometime today. I can contact you via your support e-mail if it would be more appropriate.

Many thanks.

Arnold Kirby
    That's strange. The one I downloaded just an hour ago is stamped 1/11/2019 11:06 AM. Perhaps it's an overwrite issue on your computer?

What happens if you uninstall from FSX, then erase the present installer you have, and then download again?

Mike

Canloan
    Hi Mike,

The last download was from my original email notification and the zip file was saved to a completely different directory. I then extracted the zip file into its own directory. The resulting "exe" file was the one which was dated 9:22 AM 1/10/2010. Go figure.

I am assuming that the e-mail link I am utilizing should be pointing to the new updated zip file. I will download one more time after posting this note...wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your quick responses.

Arnold

Canloan
    Well, I just looked at the file I just downloaded and it is the Jan 10/2010 9:22 AM file again. Has anybody else re-downloaded the complete package again and if so what date is the resulting installation "exe" file?

Mike, I can send you a note via your support e-mail and provide you with the link details that I am downloading from...if that might help in resolving this.

Thanks,

Arnold

Hello Mike - just to let you know - after download and install from the original downloadlink it is still the same version. (Try it twice with uninstall and complete new installation). As you can see below - no carb-heat knob there.

Greetings Dirk

maybe clear your browser cache ? and restart your PC

I'm getting the same files after a couple of re-downloads of the standard version, too.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    maybe clear your browser cache ? and restart your PC
    Good suggestion. I did both, and even tried IE instead of Firefox, but it's still the original file. I have faith, this will be sorted soon!

yup... same problem here. Downloaded file stamped 1/11/10. Unzipped file stamped 1/8/10.

Thank you for working to sort all this out. Even with a hiccup or two, it is an amazing product that I would recommend to everyone who likes flying small planes in and out of very tight places.

rsharrard
    Same for me as well, cleared everything I could, tride everthing I could. Just reinstalled the last one so I can go fly until this is sorted out. Flying the Extreme, Experimental, and IFR Floats mostly anyway.... Robin