DHC-6 Twin Otter 400

Thread: DHC-6 Twin Otter 400

Question DHC-6 Twin Otter 400

Is anyone aware of a Twin Otter 400 with Honeywell instruments in the pipeline?

[YOUTUBE]W2vwMg8Q7uw[/YOUTUBE]

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Only one I know of is a port over from Premier Aircraft Development.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Didn't quite escape.
    Aerosoft were talking to Viking during the development of their Twotter, but I don't think they were planning on doing a -400, the last time I heard/read anything.

It would be awesome if someone made it. There is a huge lack of modern aircraft for FS (for obvious reasons).

Same here, Ian. Last I heard from Aerosoft, Twotter was considered a finished project.

PAD version isn't a native FSX as far as I know. Or if it is, it doesn't have a separate interior MDL. I downloaded it the other day and deleted it after I checked the model folder.

Didn't quite escape.
    PAD don't and won't do FSX native models, they prefer working for FS9 and making ported versions available that work in FSX. They have clearly stated that on a number of occasions, so there really shouldn't be much of a question about it now.

That said, I do with Aerosoft would come out with a different pack, as the -400 is actually quite a different aircraft, for the newly resurrected Twotter. It seems that Viking are more than happy to work with FS developers, unlike certainly larger companies.

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Only one I know of is a port over from Premier Aircraft Development.
    Just for the record, our DHC-6-400 is a converted FS9 model, as are all our FSX models. It flies good and looks good in FSX/SP2 with no noticeable drop in frame rates. We had co-operation from Viking, they are helpful guys, but we could not get freeware Honeywell instruments so we had to use Garmins.

Bob
    PAD

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmay View Post
    Just for the record, our DHC-6-400 is a converted FS9 model, as are all our FSX models. It flies good and looks good in FSX/SP2 with no noticeable drop in frame rates. We had co-operation from Viking, they are helpful guys, but we could not get freeware Honeywell instruments so we had to use Garmins.

Bob
    PAD
    Hi Bob, my comment wasnt ment to be negative in any way. I have the PAD D-6-400 on my install and fly her often when I tire of flying the Aerosoft CAF 440Sq birdy and never experianced any troubles with the PAD bird unlike the few issues of FPS with the Aerosoft model cc-138. Now if only the CA DND would just get us them D6-400's up here, CC-138 #802 is getting aged.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Now, if only someone takes up the challenge and do the Honeywell... Wait, the freeware Grob SPn G180 does have the Honeywell... if only I knew how to use it and have a PC that was not slowed down by it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]