Major Anton "Toni" Hackl (WIP)

Thread: Major Anton "Toni" Hackl (WIP)

Major Anton "Toni" Hackl (WIP)

Until today (actually yesterday) I only knew Hackl had flown the white tailed Bf109 G6 and a white tailed FW190A-5. But now I know he also flew a FW190 A-8.

Still very early "work in progress" but hopefully ready before the end of the weekend.

Cheers,
    Huub

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful work, Huub!

cool!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

It will be weathered, but not very bad. I don't think the Luftwaffe would allow the Geschwaderkommodore to fly in a completely worn out aircraft. Still "work in progress" and as you can see I need to do some alignment as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Awesome work Huub. One heck of a nice canvas to paint on also.

I would imagine that sometimes they just didnt have time to clean the birds. Barely enough time to get them fueled, fixed, tuned, and refitted and they were airborn again. Especially if it was a rainy week and they were landing in grass fields.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Looks great, huub! Will be looking forward to adding this one to the hangar!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Awesome work Huub. One heck of a nice canvas to paint on also.

I would imagine that sometimes they just didnt have time to clean the birds. Barely enough time to get them fueled, fixed, tuned, and refitted and they were airborn again. Especially if it was a rainy week and they were landing in grass fields.

Bill
    Bill, when you look at the pictures Ferry posted from the flying replica when it was on Lelystad, you see that even in peacetime and with reasonable weather these aircrafts aren't really clean. Perhaps because the replica leaked oil, but the whole fuselage was greasy and black, because of the particles from the exhaust and oil from the engine

When the groundcrew climbed on the wings to reload ammunition, I don't think wiped their feet nor did they take their boots off.

But as said I think a Geschwaderkommodore had a reasonanly clean and well maintained aircraft (compared with the lower ranks).

Cheers,
    Huub

Wow, what a great job. I must have it at any cost when it is ready. I just love all WWII air and ground vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

When the groundcrew climbed on the wings to reload ammunition, I don't think wiped their feet nor did they take their boots off.

...and here's the proof! :salute:

Mathias

Uploaded!

No work in progress anymore! The repaint has been placed in the queue both here as on Avsim.com and will become avialable once approved.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Classic Hangar FW190 + Trackir5 + Huub Paints =
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Thanks for the kind words Flavio. The repaint has become available here => link <= and at Avsim.

Enjoy and feedback appreciated,

Huub

Huub I have been enjoying all three of your wonderful paints...weathering, see through new paint to old, just brilliant artistic touches that make them well

Thank You

Thanks Doublecool, as said feedback is always highly appreciated. You said you had 3, but the above Hackl repaint is actually the fourth repaint I did for the late versions of the Focke Wulf.

The first was the badly weathered FW190A5 KM+EY from III./SKG10, after that I did the Nachtjäger from 10./NJG3, followed by the yellow nosed FW190A5 flown by Uffz. Walter Kohne and the one above is therefore the FW190A-8 flown by Anton Hackl.

The next one is already on its way. Before the A-8 Anton Hackl flew a more well known A-6.

Thanks again,
    Huub

Huub, that repaint looks magnificent. One of my favourite Fw 190 schemes for sure. looking forward to this one.:salute:

Thanks for your replay GBrutus! It is is the queue, both here as on Avsim.com, and will become available once approved. Grab it while it still hot

Enjoy,
    Huub