More DIRT.

Thread: More DIRT.

More DIRT.

I'm frustrated but hopeful that I can figure out how to get rid of the 'Arcade' dross and just get stuck into driving.
    Without wishing to offend anyone, the 'Americanisation' is just plain nasty, and the endless 'career path' hoops one has to jump through are a pain.

It is visually stunning and once you configure the controls rather responsive, but it's 'Off Road', certainly not 'Rally'.

I keep wating for my navigator to yell out "Dinnae ah tell ye RIGHT HAIRPIN DON'T CUT!!!"
    :isadizzy:
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Do you happen to know, if there are any decent rallye-classics in the game, which in my case means: Lancias, Abarth-Fiats or just fast-rice-burners and monstertrucks?

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Not a one Alex!
    In fact, some of the "Rally" cars are just ridiculous, for example, a Nissan 370Z(?) and a very odd Pontiac, along with Buggies, Off Road SUVs like the Toyota above and even a Kenworth look-alike prime mover.
    :isadizzy:
    It's rather an insult to Colin McRae's name to link it to a rally based sim that is as far removed from rallying as we know it.
    I would never have paid out A$100.00 for it if I had known how "Americanised" it has turned out to be.
    Shame really, because the basics are really good.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Not a one Alex!
    In fact, some of the "Rally" cars are just ridiculous, for example, a Nissan 370Z(?) and a very odd Pontiac, along with Buggies, Off Road SUVs like the Toyota above and even a Kenworth look-alike prime mover.
    The 350Z isn't even that odd as a rally car, there's a 911 racing in rally's over here. Other cars seem to come from the Baja series and the Dakar rally.

It's rather an insult to Colin McRae's name to link it to a rally based sim that is as far removed from rallying as we know it.
    I agree that 'Ken Block's DiRT2' might have been a better name; then again, both rally drivers that had a game named after them have died..
    (Not that it had anything to do with video games, unless Colin learned the basics of flying a helicopter in a flightsim.. )

I would never have paid out A$100.00 for it if I had known how "Americanised" it has turned out to be.
    You didn't try the demo or read any reviews..? I'm not too fond of the X-games/Block/Pastrana/Mirra culture either, but I can live with it. Might be an age thing...? Sorry, couldn't resist!

Shame really, because the basics are really good.
    Yep, would like to see a rally game like the old Colin McRae series based on this engine! With Ken Block now signed to do a full WRC season with Ford, who knows what might happen in the future.
    I don't think we'll see a Kimi vs. Ken fight for the title next season, but I do think Block will make rallying a bit more popular in the states.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I had a quick read through some reviews and followed the threads at NoGrip with interest but I really had no intention of buying it based on the increasing frustration that people far smarter than me were having.
    And then I wandered into my local 'Games Emporium' and noticed a few dozen console copies of it on the shelf and one only in the 'PC Games' section.
    So I decided better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!
    An impulse purchase ........
    It is entertaining but I'd rather have a pukka Rally Sim.
    Attempting to update my old RBR with an impressive package put together by one of the French groups.
    Looking good so far.

Attempting to update my old RBR with an impressive package put together by one of the French groups.
    Looking good so far.
    Does that games still work with Windows 7, and do you have a link for the mod?

No Italian rally cars yet in DiRT2, however I did manage to unlock this classic:

:d
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/index.php?...6e1989e9a1c375

*RSRBR 2010*

Not sure about RBR and Win 7 just yet Ferry, but once we get back to normal weather (43C Monday, 33C overnight and 40C today!) and my CPU stops running the cooling system at full throttle I'll do some investigating.
    One thing that's really bugging me at the moment, I can't make the normal in car driver's view (as in GTR2, rFactor, etc) default.
    As you can see, even knocking the doors off is no help!!

With night temps at -10 Celcius and day temps around 0 C, I'm using my computer to heat my room..
    I mapped a button on the G25 Gear stick to switch views, and it stays in whatever view I select. I most racing games I prefer the cockpit view, but in DiRT I use the 'bonnet view' because it can be hard to see anything out of the windows at some times..

Thanks for the RBR mod, I'll have to check that out! :ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 0