Bandwidth Drive 2010 - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bandwidth Drive 2010

@Ickie, Sharon Pettersen in your list is actually my better half, I started logging into Paypal and then realised that I was using hers (she'd just been on my machine buying something from King Ebay), so I canned out and logged into mine
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Just send another bit on itīs way via PayPal!!!

Keep the SOH Rock īnī Rollinī!!!:ernae:
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

I had FSD make a donation on my behalf in recognition of all your contributions to the development communities well being, as well for providing the very best means of taking the industries pulse.

Many Thanks for all your efforts guys , C Jodry

Blog Entries
    Chuck_Jodry-VJPL what name would that be under??
    Look What I Have Become!

It wasn't much, but I gave in.

Also, this was my first payment ever with PayPal. Let's hope this works...

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    Chuck_Jodry-VJPL what name would that be under??
    FSD/Tim Dickens , i believe , i know you will put it to good use , thanks Ickie

I send my donation a few Days Ago. I would to know if Ron received it.I do not see my user name in the list.

Thank you!s

Charter Member 2011
    just look to the left of your last post at your name
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

sending donation when i can, is there a time frame?

Paypal should give an option to pay with a creditcard loose from PP. Otherwise I won't succeed in paying! I just invested a half hour of my time, I've had it!

Cees

hewman100
    I've bunged in a few more shekels

raptor19
    Ickie, Keep it running! This is rapidly becoming my No. 1 site to visit and hence donation made and on its way. Best of luck.

Raptor19

Blog Entries
    I have a big plan and will let you all in on it later tonight
    Look What I Have Become!

Pay-Day is tonight my donation will be there first thing tomorrow.

MoBay

Ickie, first and foremost I havn't yet made a donation. I will do soon, but at the minute I'm spending every penny I get on the bare essentials as it is. You will, however, receive a donation in the near future.

I do, however, have one suggestion - but it may not be popular.

My suggestion is to eliminate the download section of this site.

Although convenient (and with excellent content) I see it as a huge huge drain on resources and cash which is avoidable. Avsim/simviation and Flightsim all have extensive librarys that the files are all posted to anyway, and frankly it seems a little over the top to host so many files for so many people when the same people could provide a quick link to one of the large file hosts!

I don't think that would damage the community at all, because this place seems to be exactly that, a community. The only major difference would be that instead of someone posting 'now available for download in FSX resources,' they would be saying 'now available at this link:etc'

It wouldn't hinder any of the interactions on here, nor change the content of the forums, it would simply mean that you had to spend an extra 20 seconds going to one of the major file librarys. In return your costs would reduce hugely I imagine! Plus the workload.

P.s. When I refer to 'major sites' I am not implying that this site is not 'major.' I am simply referring to the fact that websites such as Avsim etc have huge file libraries, significant advertising investment etc all which allows them to host these files without such concerns over financing.

Regardless, thank you for all your hard work, I'm coming to really love this site.

Optimist

We have files in our library that are not found on Avsim or Flightsim or Simviation. I have over 200 uploads here...but maybe 5 on Flightsim..this site is my simming home, my hang out...this is were I learned to skin, to do panel work, to do sound work...this is were I upload. We have sound packs here in our library that are not on other sites...and not permitted to be uploaded to other sites (at least not if people honor the author's read me files). Our library contains freeware packages from Alphasim that are only found here...oldies for CFS2/FS2002....packages that are still widely used in those sims. Our library has items that were uploaded exclusively here and no where else..and with the stated restriction that they can not be uploaded to other sites. Avsim and Flightsim have huge FS libraries...but when it comes to Combat FS, our library is the top dog.

Dumping our download library is not an option.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obio it seems you might have taken my suggestion a little personally - either way I apologise if I have offended you.

I wasn't aware that there was so much content that is hosted here that is not hosted anywhere else. I understand that this is many people's 'home' as it were, and wasn't suggesting that any of the discussion etc moved elsewhere, simply the hosting of the files.

Obviously I havn't been here long and as such I accept your viewpoint to be correct, but might there be the possibility of streamlining the database?

Blog Entries
    The data base (files to download) is what brings most people here to start with, thenthey like our family forums, without the data base we should just turn off the lights.
    I am proceeding with the new server even if I have to pay for it with my own money.
    Look What I Have Become!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOptimist View Post
    Obio it seems you might have taken my suggestion a little personally - either way I apologise if I have offended you.
    Nope...not offended. Nope...took nothing personally. Just making it clear that the SOH/Combatfs download library contains files that the other sites don't and won't have.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Times are tight, but I sent what I could right now.
    Let's keep this place rolling! It's the best one out there.
    Thanks Ickie and the rest of the staff for all your doing.

Just sent in another donation Ickie. Thank you (and the other admin) for all you do. It is greatly appreciated. :ernae:

Work problems around, but some $ on the way

Thanks to Ferry I could donate also. Thanks mate!

Cees

My donation should be on the way as well :ernae:

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Just sent my donation. It wasn't much but I should be able to kick some more in next Payday. Thanks Ickie and ALL involved in keeping this, the best flightsim site on the internet, alive!

Darrell