Phew!!! Superb,Sim. Vid. by Japanese Expert - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phew!!! Superb,Sim. Vid. by Japanese Expert

Re: CGI

Thanks for posting that Donnybrooke. You beat me to the punch. For everyone, if you mine the additional videos liked from those I posted, you will find a lot more by other authors nearly as good. Additionally, as a Navy guy, I found a Japanese film about the final voyage of the Yamato that mixed live action and CGI and delivers a very accurate and brutal account of her demise at the hands of US Naval air. There are also a lot of posts by people visiting the full size mock-up of the bow, both fwd main and secondary turrets, and port side hull that extended nearly 500 ft. Another side note that I was not aware of, is that the 18.1" main guns fired an anti aircraft round. Research revealed that it was something cooked up as a last ditch effort knowing they probably wouldnt return. Downside was that it was basically a shotgun type round that would have quickly rendered the barrel useless.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDunlap View Post
    Thanks for posting that Donnybrooke. You beat me to the punch.
    It's obvious I don't have much to do on New Year's Eve. I'm just watching the "Thin Man" marathon. on TCM.

For everyone, if you mine the additional videos liked from those I posted, you will find a lot more by other authors nearly as good. Additionally, as a Navy guy, I found a Japanese film about the final voyage of the Yamato that mixed live action and CGI and delivers a very accurate and brutal account of her demise at the hands of US Naval air. There are also a lot of posts by people visiting the full size mock-up of the bow, both fwd main and secondary turrets, and port side hull that extended nearly 500 ft. Another side note that I was not aware of, is that the 18.1" main guns fired an anti aircraft round. Research revealed that it was something cooked up as a last ditch effort knowing they probably wouldnt return. Downside was that it was basically a shotgun type round that would have quickly rendered the barrel useless.
    I found that video some time back while looking for the "Gunkan March" (do a search on Youtube for that to see some nice Japanese naval videos).
    Very well done, with incredible CGI effects. Too bad serious war movies have gone out of style in Hollywood.

PS> Well, I just had to go find the video with the "Gunkan March" with scenes from the movie "Otoko Tachi No Yamato". The only thing I notice was what appeared to be a P-47 making a pass over the Yamato at about 1:47. Not sure if there were any P-47s in the attack. I'll have to go look that one up!

But here's the Youtube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZNlNrZsQZQ

Brillant stuff

Thanks for sharing Donnybrooke.

How, I long for the next generation of a combat flight sim.....