I Think I'm Done
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Think I'm Done

harleyman

I Think I'm Done

Followed the tutorial to get the fiorst download packager thing...

It does not find my install at all...

i have no clue what to do with it now...

Then I got the next in the list, its a rar file and I have no clue how to open or use a packager or a rar file..

As I expected its getting more complicated that I care for...ACK...

Not real intrested at this point in going back to school...LOl

sooo....maybe I'm done with this as I was with X plane when it refused to fly...Crapola.

Retired SOH Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post

Then I got the next in the list, its a rar file and I have no clue how to open or use a packager or a rar file..

sooo....maybe I'm done with this as I was with X plane when it refused to fly...Crapola.

NO

Don't give up..... you are almost there....

Rest for now and start again tomorrow...

You will LOVE it....

Give it another try....

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Mason,

This is how close you are.

A RAR file is the same as a ZIP file. Most zip programs will unzip a RAR file. The Europeans love RAR files alot for some reason.

On your installer, just select browse and find the folder for X3 for it to install to.

Thats all.

I downloaded the X3 Installer Manager or what ever its called. I can then download SPK files (special X3 installation files) and it will install them for you and register them into the game. That way, you can delete them if you like as well.

Its so much to learn that at first its staggering. STAGGERING...

Once you learn the basics though, you start learning new things and before you know it, you have a fleet of fighters, a fleet of freighters, maybe a station or two, or like Eli, you have your own illegal Space Fuel running business.

:d
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

harleyman
    I know how to use WinRar..Just hate it for some reason..

The package installer thing actually gave me three programs on my desktop..i have no clue which one or how to use it...LOl

PLUS...NONE of the three can find my install, when I browse to it, a box pops up that says its an invalid path or something....Hmmmmmmm

So..Cloud9grl...........You may now laugh away....LOl

She sent me a PM telling me that this thread made her laugh hard at my stupidity...LOL

I'm to old for this ...HeHe And don't have much time to learn with the shop and all that I run by myself . 10 hours a day, 6 days a week...

But hey...I have a screenshot for my efforts...AND

I was using that instructor guy teaching me to fly...I followed him, as told, docked at the miming station, still could not trade, than undockes as told and followed...he said

lets go do some fighter training , or something..COOL..I followed his silly butt to the metior or planet, and hit something, it went bang...he said to follow him again, I did and blew up...LOL

LOL! You are so wrong Harley! I never laughed at your stupidity. I laughed at the whole "too complicated for me" thing.

It sounded just like me! When it's too complicated, I move on! LOL!
    You're cute!

I know how to use WinRar..Just hate it for some reason..

The package installer thing actually gave me three programs on my desktop..i have no clue which one or how to use it...LOl

PLUS...NONE of the three can find my install, when I browse to it, a box pops up that says its an invalid path or something....Hmmmmmmm

So..Cloud9grl...........You may now laugh away....LOl

She sent me a PM telling me that this thread made her laugh hard at my stupidity...LOL

I'm to old for this ...HeHe And don't have much time to learn with the shop and all that I run by myself . 10 hours a day, 6 days a week...

But hey...I have a screenshot for my efforts...AND

I was using that instructor guy teaching me to fly...I followed him, as told, docked at the miming station, still could not trade, than undockes as told and followed...he said

lets go do some fighter training , or something..COOL..I followed his silly butt to the metior or planet, and hit something, it went bang...he said to follow him again, I did and blew up...LOL

Well, you have not even on the game yet....

Be patient, Mason, you waited for waited for this game for like ever.....

Even Hannah enjoys blowing the Kha'Ahks....

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Mason,

Its up to you man. We have a blast at this.

When I first flew in FS, I didnt know how to do VOR navigation, landing in ILS conditions, at night in the snow with fog. I didnt know how to work all the views, how to zoom out. I didnt know how to work all the clickables in the virtual cockpits..

You cant learn such a huge game in a couple of days..

So if you want to walk away, after waiting a month for it to arrive, then fine. But I think you are missing out on it. I think you would have fun at this. I know time is valuable. I too have times when I dont get a chance to play it and maybe can only squeeze in half an hour at 11PM on a day in the week. Feels good though doing a flight in a totally different game that is filled with tons of new discoveries...

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

harleyman
    Ok... I will thrive darnit....

Which of these things do I use to install the Rar VC files please..???

Then after I know which one to use I will show you the path error it gives me..Then whrn I click OK to that , the tool opens , but has no features...LOl

Mason, don't give in to it!!! It's like learning a language. At first you can't make yourself understood, but take it one step at a time. Don't listen to that inner voice that says, C'mon, any 2 year old can do it. No they can't! Ever listen to a 2 year old in conversation? Take a step back if you must, but like anything else, a few weeks from now you'll look back and laugh saying it wasn't all that tough.

OR, you get yourself a postal uniform and climb a tower
    Matt

RAR's have better compression than Zip's, I rather prefer them to Zips. Also- winRAR won't un-compress an RAR if it was compressed with a newer version RAR program, update your WinRAR Harleyman.

Try WinACE, it'll un-compress almost all formats.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

SOH-CM-2014
    Mason,

For unzipping files, I use freeware IZarc.exe. Thing is amazing. Unzips things I have never heard of.

Plugin Manager; Installer............. Use this to install SPK files

Just to let you know, I decided to pick on Xenon super ships on their own turf in my lite Corvette 'Nemesis'. I just died about 5 times in 5 min's, lolol... What a rush!

I am taking down that Q!!!!!

Bill

HarleymansWife

Oh COME ON! You are SUCH a WUSS! All I've heard about for weeks is this game, I get for you for Christmas, and the FIRST DAY you install and try to play, you're already crying! What gives, man? LOL You better get your rear in gear and learn not give up this easily.

Come on, Y'all, help this fool out before I have to hurt him! :greenf:

harleyman
    Thats my darn wife picking on me..

So...Which one of those 4 things do I use to install the VC with (script)?

see pic above..

Watch it Tina or I will ban you...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HarleymansWife View Post
    Oh COME ON! You are SUCH a WUSS! All I've heard about for weeks is this game, I get for you for Christmas, and the FIRST DAY you install and try to play, you're already crying! What gives, man? LOL You better get your rear in gear and learn not give up this easily.

Come on, Y'all, help this fool out before I have to hurt him! :greenf:

I LOVE her!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

Welcome Harleymanswife!! Nice to have you on board!!!

HarleymansWife
    Oh, ban me will ya? Let's see how you like it if I ban YOU from the bedroom!

LOL... thanks Cloud9Gal, for the nice welcome!

harleyman
    OK Lets recapp..

I know what a rar file is..i have winrar and have unzipped the VC file..That gave me two files on my desktop.. A DAT file and a Security Catalog

BUT.....WHICH installer do I use...Then I will post a pick of it as none of the 4 installers from the manager program have a valid path..

YES I browsed to the path manually

Mason, I've had this game for over a month now. Guess what... I still don't fully know what the hell I'm doing. This is a learning experience like no other. Ya just got to stick with it and read read read.... here and on the other links we've all been looking at. You CAN NOT install this sim and expect to jump right in. It's like walking or learning to talk.... it takes time.

Print out the manuals and print out the info Mike and Bill have graciously provided us...... and READ it all.

Frustrating? Hell yes. But ya gotta crawl before you can walk.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Hey Mrs. Mason,

welcome to the SOH!

This is going to be a lot of fun........

Now, Mason....

Keep your cool and Focus!

Don't let Hannah teach you how to right click....

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mason,

Listen what Hannah has to say:

Mr. Mason, If the first time you don't succeed try and try and try and try again....

Use other strategees... how do you spell that Mommy?

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Mason,

I am stuck on installing CAT and DAT files also. Mike walked me through it once. Tonight is his public second day mashed potatoes and turkey day, so he may not be on, or perhaps late tonight, east coast Canada time, (Labrador territory, land of snow manufacturing plants).

I wish I could remember how they are installed.. My new little ship I made is in CAT / DAT files.. arrgh.. Cant figure out how to put it in game.

Welcome Harleyman'sWife!

Glad to have you aboard.

Tell him not to give up this soon... The fun is only about to begin...

old uncle bill with giant gray eyebrows

SOH-CM-2014

I found it....

Mason,

I found out how to install your VC.. (and my new ship).

* Create a new folder in your main X3TC folder. Name it 'mods'
    * Drop your new VC DAT and CAT folders in there.
    * Open X3TC
    * Click "Select Mods Package" on the little start screen
    * Click on your new VC mod package
    * Select OK
    * Select Start X3TC
    * Go into your last flight and start your flight. See if you have a VC

:d

<-- off to see if I can find my new ship at the dock yards....

bill

harleyman
    Ok Well the file he posted to use to add VC I installed manually where the others were of the same kind and no joy..

PLUS as I said that package installer does not ever find a valid path ...

Plus that stupid tutorial man made me blow up....LOl

i will try to learn..

Thanks for the advice Hannah with two H's

OK Lets recapp..

I know what a rar file is..i have winrar and have unzipped the VC file..That gave me two files on my desktop.. A DAT file and a Security Catalog

BUT.....WHICH installer do I use...Then I will post a pick of it as none of the 4 installers from the manager program have a valid path..

YES I browsed to the path manually
    OK Mason, I am stuffed full of Turkey and Day Old Mashed Potatos and Gravy... see the Newshawks for the explaination of that...lol

The first thing I will say is to igonore those three icons on your desktop, using them at this point is confusing, it is like trying to install an aircraft in FSX and changing the cockpit the first time you start FSX... PITA...

I highly recommend using the Cockpit Mod and the X3 Load screen to activate it, and forget any other mods or scripts until you are comfortable with the Sim and can actually do all the basics like trading and trashing some low lifes.

I will write up a Cheat Sheet to do the Cockpit Mod only and post it in a few minutes, work for you...?

Edit, I had problems with the package installer as well when I first started to use it, you have to make sure you have created the Mod Folder inside the X3 Game folder it is not there by default and that can mess up the Packager, more on that another time...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Installing the Cockpit Mod - KISS METHOD

OK here goes, this is the way I first installed this mod and it was easier for me than the Cycrow installer in the beginning. I found I was trying to do too much right off the bat and nothing worked right so I went back to the drawing board.

First of all get the right Cockpit Mod, the one I like is at this link - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zdycjwymtu1 (the file name is - PSCO1_CockpitMod_v1.20a_withHUD.rar)

If you are still having problems with RAR files let me know I will be happy to convert it to a Zip file and load it on my Internet share for you to download.

OK once you have the mode the rest is simple step by step...

1 ) navigate to your X3 Terran Conflict folder (normally - C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict ) Look inside that folder and see if there is a folder named - "mods" (no quotes) if it does not exist create it, no caps.

2 ) place your downloaded cockpit mod folder anywhere you like and extract the contents, there are only 2 files - PSCO1_CockpitMod_v1.20a_withHUD.cat and PSCO1_CockpitMod_v1.20a_withHUD.dat

3 ) Now copy those two files into that mod folder inside the game folder... Poof the install is done that's IT!

All that remains is to activate the Mod when you start X3, now when you start the game you will see the "Select Mod Package" button is active, click that and you will see the file name you copied to the mod folder, highlight it and click OK, you will return to the start screen and now click start, now you are up and runing with the Mod active and it will remain active until you go back and unselect it in the Select Mod Package Screen.

Now go BLAST some Zenon, or at least do some exploring... and welcime to the X3 Universe my friend and a big WELCOME as well to Mrs Harleyman, or should your name be HarleyWOman...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

harleyman
    bravo Bill...I now have VC..

Just like adding scenery to FSX manually then...

Ok I have made progress ...Thank you..

Does the SETA always turn off with every user movement?? Like with it on, and I make a steering correctioon, the SETA turns off.. And it goes back to 1000 at game launch everytime..Is that normal?

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0