f4 CATFISH - MDL Conversion & no prop rotation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: f4 CATFISH - MDL Conversion & no prop rotation

f4 CATFISH - MDL Conversion & no prop rotation

GUYS AND GALS,
    Try this when you unzip the catfish it also makes a model A1 and a model A1 cfg file, using mdlc117 convert these files, take out the A1 reference,put these files in the catfish and you get this(see att.) Just got this done a few minute go so she still sinks, will work on that next. enjoy
    need any help let me know will try my best.
    RM

no prop spin

Well I traded one problem for another ,floats now, converted,no prop spin, need help with that one. anyone
    RM

Donald Piper
    Ya gotta walk before you can run... looks like your'e making some headway here, good luck to you...

The AI model is a simpler MDL file than the regular FS9 version. It is a kinda stripped-down version of the player aircraft MDL.
    It's possible that's why you were able to get a successful conversion.

I'm gonna merge these two threads together.
    Hope you get a successful conversion!

RM,
    You just need a good airfile/aircraft cfg. Use the stock CFS2 F4 cfg and airfile. Everything works, and a little sheen added. Something different and a nice looking bird! Thanks for the HU on that one...

Cheers Shessi

Problems with models

I tried to convert it and the FM-2 without success. Got an error message.

I succeed!

It has an ISFT problem. Now, it's working properly!

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    It has an ISFT problem. Now, it's working properly!
    Pepe,
    This sounds to me like Chinese.
    Does your message mean that you successfully converted both A/C's ?
    Could yo be some sort of Santa Claus for us???
    Let us hope and belive Santa Claus still exists......

FDE/Pepe,
    I think RM should have first go at this as he did start the post with the conversion etc etc.

Cheers Shessi

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    ...I think RM should have first go at this as he did start the post with the conversion etc etc...

This would be an excellent opportunity to teach the rest of us how to repair / modify / correct an MDL file with errors.

BTW - what IS "an ISFT problem" ???

SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Hi all,

Being that this is an AI aircraft that has been converted, would I be correct in assuming there's no vc?

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

TW,
    Yep, but there are ways to convert the main one...

SC7500,
    Agreed, it would be good to have more people in the 'know' about converting and scasm etc etc, BUT it is a huge subject and not an exact science. My head explodes after a few hours of it (maybe I'm just not that bright!! :d).
    So to explain and show everything would take miles of posts.

A good start is to get into Ivan's MDLC, read his read-me's and look at all posts about it. Also for scasm is Caleb Flerk's tutorial, immense but good. Most of all, have a play around, see what does what etc etc.

To explain the ISFT. When a model is made and made for a specific flight sim it has a header built in to the coding which id's it for each sim, so eg CFS2 is CFS2 and Fs2004 is FS90. Each sim picks this up and reads the mdl and displays it, that's why you can't put an Fs2004 model straight into CFS2 and see it.
    To convert there are many ways and one is to change the ISFT header to read something else so that MDLC can convert it. Using a hex editor, see the Fs9 mdl below, underlined is the ISFT which may have to be changed (and not all Fs9 headers have to be!).

Told you is wasn't an exact science!!

Cheers Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    TW,
    Yep, but there are ways to convert the main one...

SC7500,
    Agreed, it would be good to have more people in the 'know' about converting and scasm etc etc, BUT it is a huge subject and not an exact science. My head explodes after a few hours of it (maybe I'm just not that bright!! :d).
    So to explain and show everything would take miles of posts.

A good start is to get into Ivan's MDLC, read his read-me's and look at all posts about it. Also for scasm is Caleb Flerk's tutorial, immense but good. Most of all, have a play around, see what does what etc etc.

To explain the ISFT. When a model is made and made for a specific flight sim it has a header built in to the coding which id's it for each sim, so eg CFS2 is CFS2 and Fs2004 is FS90. Each sim picks this up and reads the mdl and displays it, that's why you can't put an Fs2004 model straight into CFS2 and see it.
    To convert there are many ways and one is to change the ISFT header to read something else so that MDLC can convert it. Using a hex editor, see the Fs9 mdl below, underlined is the ISFT which may have to be changed (and not all Fs9 headers have to be!).

Told you is wasn't an exact science!!

Cheers Shessi
    I converted the complete model, with vc. I'll rework the textures to DTX1 and made a specific airfile for the Catfish to upload a CFS2 fix. They are almost ready.

Pepe

Question

Over to you RM......

:isadizzy: Shessi

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Exclamation Slight Misconception

Uhhh.... Not to hijack the thread, but to clear up my statement. :salute:

I did NOT mean that we should develop a running dialog on how SCASM works, or to have a How-To posted here. Too much info, done better elsewhere, a real can o' worms, agreed.

That said, my curiosity is calling for a SIMPLE explanation of how this particular MDL challenge is finally resolved. It would be nice to see how our "Imperfect Masters" apply the fix.

Shessi
    , I have spent my entire LIFE trying to survive and/or avoid Exact Science..... it just confuses me more !! lol

Now - back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

Thank you
    SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Lat:N3650.1 Long:W11403.3 Elev: 1975 K67L
    I will be looking forward to that Pepe! was really sad that the catfish wasn't convertible I really wanted to fly against the Rufe, Pete n such!!!
    The Virtual Navy

"I Survived the Unpleasantness"...

files

Ok he he unzip this files-model cfg fx-spray, aircraft cfg-using mdlc117 convert the model-removing the a1 reference place in the catfish.it should now show and fly, that is as far as I have gotten so far.
    RM

Contact point issue

With amphibious contact points it sunks. Without them, its beaching trolley remains at the plane. I think we can survive with this. I'll upload both planes tomorrow morning. The FM-2 has no bugs.

Pepe

Thanks Pepi! Great stuff for the New Year.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Just uploaded

I hope you enjoy them and that someone could enhance the gear feature...

does anyone have the FM-2 converted and are you going to post?
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy1968 View Post
    does anyone have the FM-2 converted and are you going to post?
    It's already done and uploaded

Where?

I can't find it.
    Just another bum looking for change......

Don't hurry...

lets SOH people do their work.

Cheers

Pepe

Members who have read this thread: 0