Setting up my Saitek Throttles

Thread: Setting up my Saitek Throttles

Setting up my Saitek Throttles

I finally got my 2 Saitek throttle quadrants over Christmas. They were a pain in the butt to get FSX to use them properly though. One throttle thought it was the joystick, and my X52 ended up being completely disabled on my computer. I managed to get them to work though. I set up the 4 throttles just fine, and the other 2 knobs as trim and spoilers. I was hoping to have more individual reverse thruster control though. I had to assign the "Decrease Throttle Quickly" command as a button that presses when one of my throttles hits the reverse area. That unfortunately controls all engines. Is there a way to do this to each individual engine?

I think most of you are going to tell me to use FSUIPC. I would, but I dont have a registered version, and it costs way to much money to me. Are there not any other ways or programs?

fsuipc is well worth the investment !

and does exactly what you want

Quote Originally Posted by atf300 View Post
    fsuipc is well worth the investment !

and does exactly what you want
    I find it extremely hard to buy any addon for FSX. I just hate the fact that they are usually several times higher than the price of the game itself. $42 dollars to change a few controls is just crazy to me.

oh well, then you are stuck with the crapy control implementation in fsx , not much you can do

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin216 View Post
    I find it extremely hard to buy any addon for FSX. I just hate the fact that they are usually several times higher than the price of the game itself. $42 dollars to change a few controls is just crazy to me.

True. But you'll use it, everytime. Just like I look at the Active Sky Advanced weather generator, it's on every flight I take.
    I don't have the FSX version of FSUIPC as well, since an upgrade was never offered for FS9 owners. I use buttons assigned as well for reverse thrust.

I've got a quite few aircraft addons collecting dust in the 'hangar'. And scenery is great, if you happen to be in the area.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    True. But you'll use it, everytime. Just like I look at the Active Sky Advanced weather generator, it's on every flight I take.
    I don't have the FSX version of FSUIPC as well, since an upgrade was never offered for FS9 owners. I use buttons assigned as well for reverse thrust.

I've got a quite few aircraft addons collecting dust in the 'hangar'. And scenery is great, if you happen to be in the area.
    It is quite unfortunate to pay so much for this hobby. It seems that most of the addons worth getting happen to burn a hole in your pocket though.

Didn't quite escape.
    First of all, FSUIPC doesn't just allow you to more correctly and better allocate controls - a registered version will allow you to fix all the stupid things that FS does wrong as well, such as instant 200mph/180 degree wind changes at altitude, step pressure changes and batteries that go flat in two seconds if you don't start an engine.

As an aside, (and not intended as a "bash" or attack, merely a comment), it is clear that you have never worked with professional software if you think that buying an add-on that costs more than the base package is unusual. As examples, at work we use Bentley Microstation 8 (a CAD package). This costs, per seat, around £3,500 a year. Then on top of that, we use a piece of software that creates "intelligent" drawings, which costs a mere £6,000 per year, per seat. I thought that was bad until I became IT Manager for a bunch of our Civil Engineersand had to deal with a package named SuperStress, which cost £12,000 per year, on top of the >£3,000 per year they have to pay for AutoCAD to sit on it. SuperStress was also very aptly named. Utterly user unfriendly, a pain in the backside to get and keep working... It made all the tweaks we do for FSX seem like child's play!

It's actually very usual to pay a lot more for add-ons than it is for a base package. It's caused by economies of scale. Microsoft will sell tens of thousands of copies of FSX, which splits the cost of development down to a few dollars per box. If Pete sold as many licenses for FSUIPC as MS did of FSX, he wouldn't have to charge as much either, but his sales are most likely in the hundreds, not thousands, per year, let alone tens of thousands.

As I said, please don't take that as in any way an indication that what you are saying is wrong - everyone has their own limitations on what they will and won't spend on things - but hopefully it might explain a little.

Hope you can get a solution sorted that works for you!

Incidentally, I've used both decrease throttle quickly assigned to throttle 2 and FSUIPC controlling individual engines... I prefer FSUIPC, but it really is personal preference. The reverse all on lever 2 worked perfectly adequately for most purposes - it was just quickly turning a Hercules that was a pain. :d

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    First of all, FSUIPC doesn't just allow you to more correctly and better allocate controls - a registered version will allow you to fix all the stupid things that FS does wrong as well, such as instant 200mph/180 degree wind changes at altitude, step pressure changes and batteries that go flat in two seconds if you don't start an engine.

As an aside, (and not intended as a "bash" or attack, merely a comment), it is clear that you have never worked with professional software if you think that buying an add-on that costs more than the base package is unusual. As examples, at work we use Bentley Microstation 8 (a CAD package). This costs, per seat, around £3,500 a year. Then on top of that, we use a piece of software that creates "intelligent" drawings, which costs a mere £6,000 per year, per seat. I thought that was bad until I became IT Manager for a bunch of our Civil Engineersand had to deal with a package named SuperStress, which cost £12,000 per year, on top of the >£3,000 per year they have to pay for AutoCAD to sit on it. SuperStress was also very aptly named. Utterly user unfriendly, a pain in the backside to get and keep working... It made all the tweaks we do for FSX seem like child's play!

It's actually very usual to pay a lot more for add-ons than it is for a base package. It's caused by economies of scale. Microsoft will sell tens of thousands of copies of FSX, which splits the cost of development down to a few dollars per box. If Pete sold as many licenses for FSUIPC as MS did of FSX, he wouldn't have to charge as much either, but his sales are most likely in the hundreds, not thousands, per year, let alone tens of thousands.

As I said, please don't take that as in any way an indication that what you are saying is wrong - everyone has their own limitations on what they will and won't spend on things - but hopefully it might explain a little.

Hope you can get a solution sorted that works for you!

Incidentally, I've used both decrease throttle quickly assigned to throttle 2 and FSUIPC controlling individual engines... I prefer FSUIPC, but it really is personal preference. The reverse all on lever 2 worked perfectly adequately for most purposes - it was just quickly turning a Hercules that was a pain. :d
    I do see your point. I know you usually get what you pay for in products, but I also tend to be cheap when shopping.

I love the C-130, and I love flying my C-17, so I know what you are talking about with ground handling. For me, aircraft tend to somehow have enough power at idle to speed up when on taxi. I was hoping the throttles would kinda fix this, but it seems even when they are at idle I still have 1% of throttle. I was hoping to have individual throttle controls mainly for ground handling, but that did not seem to work out to well. At some point, it will probably drive me crazy and I may just buy FSUIPC. Like I said though, I am cheap.

I finally got my 2 Saitek throttle quadrants over Christmas. They were a pain in the butt to get FSX to use them properly though. One throttle thought it was the joystick, and my X52 ended up being completely disabled on my computer. I managed to get them to work though. I set up the 4 throttles just fine, and the other 2 knobs as trim and spoilers. I was hoping to have more individual reverse thruster control though. I had to assign the "Decrease Throttle Quickly" command as a button that presses when one of my throttles hits the reverse area. That unfortunately controls all engines. Is there a way to do this to each individual engine?

I think most of you are going to tell me to use FSUIPC. I would, but I dont have a registered version, and it costs way to much money to me. Are there not any other ways or programs?
    Backup your standard.xml file in your 'controls' folder.

Open your standard.xml file in notepad.

Scroll down to the index for each 'button' to be assigned. On each quadrant, index 6 = the button at the bottom of the left-most lever, and index 8 = the button at the bottom of the right-most lever (the ones triggered when the levers are pulled back into the 'reverse' position.

For each one that you want to assign to a specific engine, use the THROTTLE#_DECR command, be sure repeat is set to 1, and use THROTTLE#_CUT for the button's 'up' (or release) event.

For example, I have two saitek quads set up for twins. So the first two levers on the first quad are my throttles, the right-most lever of the first quad, and the left-most lever of the second quad are my prop levers, and the right-most two levers on the second quad are my mixture levers. In that configuration, my standard.xml for the buttons that are hit when the levers are pulled back are as follows:

For the first (left-hand) quad (throttle 1 and 2, and prop 1), scroll down to the section for the first quad in the standard.xml file that refers to the first quad's configuration (not it's 'slew' configuration), and you can use the following code:

(NOTE: In the examples below, you will need to change the curly brackets to greater than and less than signs, ie: '{' should be replaced with '<' and '}' should be replaced with '>').
    Code:

{Entry}
                {Index}6{/Index}
                {Down}THROTTLE1_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}THROTTLE1_CUT{/Up}
            {/Entry}
            {Entry}
                {Index}7{/Index}
                {Down}THROTTLE2_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}THROTTLE2_CUT{/Up}
            {/Entry}
            {Entry}
                {Index}8{/Index}
                {Down}PROP_PITCH1_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}PROP_PITCH1_HI{/Up}
            {/Entry}
    </ENTRY>
    Then for my second quad, which covers the prop for engine 2, and the mixture for both engines, my code looks like this:
    Code:

{Entry}
                {Index}6{/Index}
                {Down}PROP_PITCH2_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}PROP_PITCH2_HI{/Up}
            {/Entry}
            {Entry}
                {Index}7{/Index}
                {Down}MIXTURE1_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}MIXTURE1_LEAN{/Up}
            {/Entry}
            {Entry}
                {Index}8{/Index}
                {Down}MIXTURE2_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}MIXTURE2_LEAN{/Up}
            {/Entry}
    So THROTTLE#_DECR is the command for decreasing individual engine throttles, where # would be replaced with the engine number (1-4).

PROP_PITCH#_DECR is the command to decrease prop pitch (and/or feather) on an individual engine basis, again, where # should be replaced with the appropriate engine number.

MIXTURE#_DECR is the command to decrease the mixture lever, where once again, the # sign would be replaced with the appropriate engine number.

The DownRpt section of each enty is what makes the command repeat itself as long as the 'button' is held down (while the lever is pressing it down in the lever's reverse position).

Finally, the THROTTLE#_CUT, PROP_PITCH#_HI, and MIXTURE#_LEAN essentially forces each of those 'levers' in the game to be reset to their neutral or 'idle' positions.

This is all done in the standard.xml file, and doesn't require FSUIPC or any other additional programs. It just takes the time to make the edits and test them.

Hope this information helps.

-George
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

Quote Originally Posted by DB93 View Post
    Backup your standard.xml file in your 'controls' folder.

Open your standard.xml file in notepad.

Scroll down to the index for each 'button' to be assigned. On each quadrant, index 6 = the button at the bottom of the left-most lever, and index 8 = the button at the bottom of the right-most lever (the ones triggered when the levers are pulled back into the 'reverse' position.

For each one that you want to assign to a specific engine, use the THROTTLE#_DECR command, be sure repeat is set to 1, and use THROTTLE#_CUT for the button's 'up' (or release) event.

For example, I have two saitek quads set up for twins. So the first two levers on the first quad are my throttles, the right-most lever of the first quad, and the left-most lever of the second quad are my prop levers, and the right-most two levers on the second quad are my mixture levers. In that configuration, my standard.xml for the buttons that are hit when the levers are pulled back are as follows:

For the first (left-hand) quad (throttle 1 and 2, and prop 1), scroll down to the section for the first quad in the standard.xml file that refers to the first quad's configuration (not it's 'slew' configuration), and you can use the following code:

(NOTE: In the examples below, you will need to change the curly brackets to greater than and less than signs, ie: '{' should be replaced with '<' and '}' should be replaced with '>').
    Code:

{Entry}
                {Index}6{/Index}
                {Down}THROTTLE1_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}THROTTLE1_CUT{/Up}
            {/Entry}
            {Entry}
                {Index}7{/Index}
                {Down}THROTTLE2_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}THROTTLE2_CUT{/Up}
            {/Entry}
            {Entry}
                {Index}8{/Index}
                {Down}PROP_PITCH1_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}PROP_PITCH1_HI{/Up}
            {/Entry}
    Then for my second quad, which covers the prop for engine 2, and the mixture for both engines, my code looks like this:
    Code:

{Entry}
                {Index}6{/Index}
                {Down}PROP_PITCH2_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}PROP_PITCH2_HI{/Up}
            {/Entry}
            {Entry}
                {Index}7{/Index}
                {Down}MIXTURE1_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}MIXTURE1_LEAN{/Up}
            {/Entry}
            {Entry}
                {Index}8{/Index}
                {Down}MIXTURE2_DECR{/Down}
                {DownRpt}1{/DownRpt}
                {Up}MIXTURE2_LEAN{/Up}
            {/Entry}
    So THROTTLE#_DECR is the command for decreasing individual engine throttles, where # would be replaced with the engine number (1-4).

PROP_PITCH#_DECR is the command to decrease prop pitch (and/or feather) on an individual engine basis, again, where # should be replaced with the appropriate engine number.

MIXTURE#_DECR is the command to decrease the mixture lever, where once again, the # sign would be replaced with the appropriate engine number.

The DownRpt section of each enty is what makes the command repeat itself as long as the 'button' is held down (while the lever is pressing it down in the lever's reverse position).

Finally, the THROTTLE#_CUT, PROP_PITCH#_HI, and MIXTURE#_LEAN essentially forces each of those 'levers' in the game to be reset to their neutral or 'idle' positions.

This is all done in the standard.xml file, and doesn't require FSUIPC or any other additional programs. It just takes the time to make the edits and test them.

Hope this information helps.

-George

Wow thanks that helped so much. Never would have thought about going into the files and looking around. Thanks

I have dual Saitek Pro throttle quadrants and have had
    no problems interfacing them in FSX or assigning axis
    and switches. I also have an X-45 stick/throttle attached
    and it co-exists just fine with the Pro stuff.

I disabled the X-45 throttle axis and use the Pro axis' for
    my 4 throttles. I use the old Saitek software on the X-45
    since that was what I had used previously and have many
    standard functions set up on the stick and throttle buttons
    that I didn't want to take the time to reprogram when I
    added the Pro stuff. I don't use the Saitek software for the
    Pro setup since it can not coexist with the older X-45
    software.
    Instead I use FSUIPC which, aside from TrackIR4, is one
    of the best and now essential investments I have made
    for simming.

To show what can be done with FSUIPC, attached is a JPG
    that depicts the functions I have mapped to the dual
    Pro throttle quadrants. I have created 6 different 'control sets'
    that expand the 12 switches to map 60 controls.
    I use one pair of switches to select the 'control set'
    and then map the 5 pairs of switches in each set to
    the desired functions. This technique could be expanded
    to up to 256 'control sets' but that, of course, would be
    a bit of an overkill ( 2560 switch events! )

I only use 2 of the throttle detent switches for the
    B-377 example. One to activate/deactivate ADI and
    the other to enter/exit the prop reverse.

The various switch events either send FSX commands
    directly, such as NAV lights toggle, etc.
    More complex functions are implemented using the
    FSUIPC MACRO facilities or small LUA routines.

You are only limited buy your imagination as to what
    you can accomplish with FSUIPC.

Paul

Attachment 24256

Here is the 'buttons' section of my FSUIPC.ini file for the A2A B377:
    [Buttons.Boeing Stratocruiser]
    !1=//SET 0 STARTUP SETUP
    0=B66C0=0 P3,14,CM4:19,0
    1=B66C0=0 U3,14,CM4:19,2
    2=B66C0=0 P3,15,CM4:19,1
    3=B66C0=0 P3,16,CM4:8,1
    4=B66C0=0 U3,16,CM4:8,0
    5=B66C0=0 P3,17,C65858,0
    6=B66C0=0 P3,18,CM4:7,1
    7=B66C0=0 P3,19,CM4:6,1
    8=B66C0=0 P0,0,C66340,0
    9=B66C0=0 P0,1,C66341,0
    10=B66C0=0 P0,2,C66342,0
    11=B66C0=0 P0,3,C66343,0
    12=P0,4,Cx510066C0,x00050001
    13=P0,5,Cx610066C0,x00050001
    14=P3,20,CM4:5,1
    15=U3,20,CM4:5,0
    16=P0,8,CL2:R,0
    17=U0,8,CL1:R,0
    18=P2,10,C1079,0
    !2=//SET 1 GENERATORS,CARB HEAT/AIR/TURBOS
    20=B66C0=1 P3,14,C66363,0
    21=B66C0=1 P3,15,C66364,0
    22=B66C0=1 P3,16,C66365,0
    23=B66C0=1 P3,17,C66366,0
    24=B66C0=1 P3,18,Cx010066C2,x01
    25=B66C0=1 P3,19,Cx010066C2,x00
    26=B66C0=1 P0,0,Cx010066C3,x01
    27=B66C0=1 P0,1,Cx010066C3,x00
    28=B66C0=1 P0,2,Cx010066C4,x01
    29=B66C0=1 P0,3,Cx010066C4,x00
    !3=//SET 2 AP/OIL/COWL/IC FLAPS SETUP
    30=B66C0=2 P3,14,C65580,0
    31=B66C0=2 P3,15,C65726,0
    32=B66C0=2 P3,16,CM4:9,2
    33=B66C0=2 U3,16,CM4:9,1
    34=B66C0=2 P3,17,CM4:9,0
    35=B66C0=2 U3,17,CM4:9,1
    36=B66C0=2 P3,18,CM4:20,5
    37=B66C0=2 P3,19,C66465,0
    38=B66C0=2 R0,0,Cx7C0037F0,x0000000F
    39=B66C0=2 R0,0,Cx7C003730,x0000000F
    40=B66C0=2 R0,0,Cx7C003670,x0000000F
    41=B66C0=2 R0,0,Cx7C0035B0,x0000000F
    42=B66C0=2 R0,1,Cx7C0037F0,xFFFFFFF1
    43=B66C0=2 R0,1,Cx7C003730,xFFFFFFF1
    44=B66C0=2 R0,1,Cx7C003670,xFFFFFFF1
    45=B66C0=2 R0,1,Cx7C0035B0,xFFFFFFF1
    46=B66C0=2 P0,2,Cx010066C1,x02
    47=B66C0=2 U0,2,Cx010066C1,x01
    48=B66C0=2 P0,3,Cx010066C1,x00
    49=B66C0=2 U0,3,Cx010066C1,x01
    !4=//SET 3 RADAR ALTS/RMI
    50=B66C0=3 P3,14,CM4:21,0
    51=B66C0=3 P3,15,CM4:22,0
    52=B66C0=3 P3,16,CM4:23,0
    53=B66C0=3 P3,17,CM4:24,0
    54=B66C0=3 P3,18,CM4:25,0
    55=B66C0=3 P3,19,CM4:26,0
    56=B66C0=3 P0,0,CM4:27,0
    57=B66C0=3 P0,1,CM4:28,0
    58=B66C0=3 P0,2,C66719,0
    59=B66C0=3 P0,3,C66718,0

!4=//SET 4 LIGHTS
    60=B66C0=4 P3,14,CM4:29,0 //EXTEND/RETRACT
    61=B66C0=4 P3,15,C65751,0 //LANDING LIGHTS
    62=B66C0=4 P3,16,C66379,0 //NAV LIGHTS
    63=B66C0=4 P3,17,C66376,0 //WHITE LIGHTS/PASSING LIGHT
    64=B66C0=4 P3,18,C66240,0 //NOSE TAXI LIGHT
    65=B66C0=4 P3,19,C66378,0 //GEAR TAXI LIGHTS
    66=B66C0=4 P0,0,C66239,0 //BEACON
    67=B66C0=4 P0,1,C65560,0 //STROBES
    68=B66C0=4 P0,2,C65750,0 //RED LIGHTS
    69=B66C0=4 P0,3,CM4:30,0

!5=//SET 5 MISC SETUP
    80=B66C0=5 P3,14,C66127,0
    81=B66C0=5 P3,15,C66126,0
    82=B66C0=5 P3,16,C66129,0
    83=B66C0=5 P3,17,C66128,0
    84=B66C0=5 P3,18,C66131,0
    85=B66C0=5 P3,19,C66130,0
    86=B66C0=5 P0,0,C66133,0
    87=B66C0=5 P0,1,C66132,0
    88=B66C0=5 P0,2,C66241,0
    89=B66C0=5 P0,3,C66293,0
    90=P3,22,C1084,0
    91=U3,22,CL17:R,0

[LuaFiles]
    1=B377_exit_revers
    2=B377_reverse
    3=display vals
    4=liar
    5=freeze
    6=init pos
    7=ipcDebug
    8=landing
    9=record to csv
    10=log lvars
    11=Fuel737
    12=Payload737
    13=MasterClient
    14=SlaveServer
    15=testclnt
    16=testsrvr
    17=A2A_B377_icflap
    18=DisplayCS

[MacroFiles]
    1=APchart
    2=747 OHD
    3=A2A_J3
    4=A2A_B377
    5=A2A_P47
    6=A2A_B17G
    7=L1049H
    Here is my A2A B-377 MACRO file:

[MACROS]
    1=L:CowlFlap1=SET
    2=L:CowlFlap2=SET
    3=L:CowlFlap3=SET
    4=L:CowlFlap4=SET
    5=L:ADIPump=SET
    6=L:StartersBoost=SET
    7=L:StartersStart=SET
    8=L:Primers=SET
    9=L:OilPumpSwitch=SET
    10=L:IntercoolerFlap1=SET
    11=L:IntercoolerFlap2=SET
    12=L:IntercoolerFlap3=SET
    13=L:IntercoolerFlap4=SET
    14=L:IntercoolerFlap1Switch=SET
    15=L:IntercoolerFlap2Switch=SET
    16=L:IntercoolerFlap3Switch=SET
    17=L:IntercoolerFlap4Switch=SET
    18=L:APTurn=SET
    19=L:ApuStarterGenSwitch=SET
    20=L:OilTankSelector=CYCLIC
    21=L:RadioAltSwitchOn=TOGGLE
    22=L:RadioAltRange=TOGGLE
    23=L:RadioAlt2SwitchOn=TOGGLE
    24=L:RadioAlt2Range=TOGGLE
    25=L:RadioAltScr718On=TOGGLE
    26=L:RadioAltScr718Range=TOGGLE
    27=L:RMI1=TOGGLE
    28=L:RMI2=TOGGLE
    29=L:LandingLightExtendSwitch=TOGGLE
    30=L:EmergExitLightSwitch=TOGGLE
    Here are the two LUA routines for the B377 reverse function:

B377_reverse.lua file

i = 0
    ipc.keypress(112)
    ipc.sleep(250)
    while i < 14 do
    ipc.keypress(113)
    ipc.keypress(113)
    ipc.keypress(113)
    ipc.sleep(50)
    i = i + 1
    end
    //---------------------------
    B377_exir_revers.lua file

i = 0
    while i < 15 do
    ipc.keypress(114)
    ipc.sleep(50)
    ipc.keypress(114)
    ipc.sleep(50)
    i = i + 1
    end
    //---------------------------
    And the LUA routine to manage InterCooler flaps and a few
    other non-standard functions including the
    display, for 10 seconds, of the current control set assignments
    whenever the 'control set' is incremented or decremented:

A2A_B377_icflap.lua file

function icflaps(offs, val)

state = val
    i = 0
    while i < 2 do
    if state == 1 then
    i = 2
    end
    ipc.writeLvar("L:IntercoolerFlap1Switch",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:IntercoolerFlap2Switch",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:IntercoolerFlap3Switch",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:IntercoolerFlap4Switch",state)
    ipc.sleep(10)
    i = i+1
    state = ipc.readUB(0x66C1)
    end
    end

function carbheat(offs, val)

state = val

ipc.writeLvar("L:CarbHeat1Switch",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:CarbHeat2Switch",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:CarbHeat3Switch",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:CarbHeat4Switch",state)
    end

function carbair(offs, val)

state = val

ipc.writeLvar("L:CarbAir1Switch",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:CarbAir2Switch",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:CarbAir3Switch",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:CarbAir4Switch",state)
    end

function turbo(offs, val)

state = val

ipc.writeLvar("L:TurboOverrideSwitch1",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:TurboOverrideSwitch2",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:TurboOverrideSwitch3",state)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:TurboOverrideSwitch4",state)
    end

function disp377CS(offs, val)

conset=val

if val == 0 then

ipc.display("APU Start_Primer_Stater_Boost1_Boost3\nAPU Stop _Pitot _Boost _Boost2_Boost4 \nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 1 then

ipc.display("GEN1_GEN3_CarbHeat ON _Carb Air ON _Turbo Climb\nGEN2_GEN4_CarbHeat OFF_Carb Air OFF_Turbo Takeoff \nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 2 then

ipc.display("AP MASTER_OIL FWD _OIL SELECT_COWL INC _IC FLAPS INC\nALT HOLD _OIL BACK_COMM RCVR_COWL DEC_IC FLAPS DEC\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 3 then

ipc.display("RALT1 _RALT2 _RALT3 _RMI1_SEAT BELTS\nRANGE1_RANGE2_RANGE3_RMI2_NO SMOKING\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 4 then

ipc.display("LL EXTEND _NAV _NOSE TAXI_BEACON_RED\nLANDLIGHTS_WHITE_GEAR TAXI_STROBE _EMER EXIT\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 5 then

ipc.display("MAG 1 INC _MAG 2 INC_MAG 3 INC_MAG 4 INC_ Battery\nMAG 1 DEC_MAG 2 DEC_MAG 3 DEC_MAG 4 DEC_AVIONICS\nControl Set = "..conset, 7)

end
    end

event.offset(0x66C0,"UB","disp377CS")

event.offset(0x66C1,"UB","icflaps")

event.offset(0x66C2,"UB","carbheat")

event.offset(0x66C3,"UB","carbair")

event.offset(0x66C4,"UB","turbo")

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

No problem, Merlin216.

I hope you get it all working the way that you want it to, and let me know if you get things working, or need additional assistance with the 'standard.xml' route.

-George
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

So far everything is working fine. If I hit the reversers on one engine, they turn on, and when I put them to idle they turn off.

GypsyBaron: That is quite a setup. I guess its a good thing you have those all on a reference card. I can hardly remember what are on my toggle switches in the different modes.

Thanks guys for the help, made things a lot easier for me.

So far everything is working fine. If I hit the reversers on one engine, they turn on, and when I put them to idle they turn off.

Thanks guys for the help, made things a lot easier for me.
    Glad to hear you've got things working the way you wanted.

-George

-SNIP-

GypsyBaron: That is quite a setup. I guess its a good thing you have those all on a reference card. I can hardly remember what are on my toggle switches in the different modes.
    -SNIP-
    Glad you have a setup working now.

As to the reference card, I also have a LUA plugin that
    displays the "current control set assignments" for
    10 seconds when I change sets
    The reference card is also available as a 2D window
    pop-up as well.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBaron View Post
    I have dual Saitek Pro throttle quadrants and have had
    no problems interfacing them in FSX or assigning axis
    and switches. I also have an X-45 stick/throttle attached
    and it co-exists just fine with the Pro stuff.
    Would you happen to have a template for that button assignment graphic? It looks really nice.

scott s.

Quote Originally Posted by scott967b View Post
    Would you happen to have a template for that button assignment graphic? It looks really nice.

scott s.

I have a couple of them, Scott. I just used PaintShopPro to create something
    for my use. One template is for three different aircraft on one page.

The other is for a case with 4 control sets.

My 6 control set map was created by just moving the blocks on the 4 template
    to make room for 2 more rows. I then just filled it in so I don't have a template.

The numbering of the axis and switches will depend upon how FSX and FSUIPC
    see the throttle quads. Those can easily be eliminated or changed with a
    paint program.

Paul
    Attachment 24374

Attachment 24375

Members who have read this thread: 0