Vista Home - Permission HE!!

Thread: Vista Home - Permission HE!!

Vista Home - Permission HE!!

Hey All,

Anyone know how to get out of Vista home permission HE!!?

Program is in C:\programfiles. Start shortcut won't function due to security. Has multiple subdirectories and files. Have to give permission to everything - some things (files) I can't give permission to. How do you deal with this?

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Ed,

You are looking for User Access Control. I'm in Win7 now. I don't remember exactly where it is in Vista but start with the Security Center, or maybe the Users part of the control panel. Disable it. It will nag you on every boot, but at least not when you are trying to do something like edit an aircraft.cfg.

Glenn

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Ditto...

Short summary is to install frequently modified software (like FS) outside of the default Program Files folders.

Hi all,
    The best thing to do with the UAC in vista is turn it off completely.Not at my vista machine at the moment so can not remember exactly where it is located.
    Go here to find out how.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Members who have read this thread: 0