I finally got CFS2!

Thread: I finally got CFS2!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

I finally got CFS2!

Well, I finally got it!

I kept putting it off and recently couldnt find it anywhere.. I can now way, I have it! (Installing it now). I found one on Ebay, used.

Ive heard so much about it. It will be great to try it out.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Rockster234

Beware.........contents may be addicting

Open with caution.............

You may find yourself stuck to your computer chair.........

Welcome to the senior sim, there are so many add-ons that your band width may suffer Take your time and enjoy the ride, I paid full price for the game when it was released and it has been the best entertainment investment for the PC I've made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have Fun,Fly Safe.Magruder.

You might as well store your other sims away!:ernae:

SOH-CM-2014
    lol.... Many thanks. I have wanted this for ages and cant believe I waited so long.

However, I am running into some difficulties. I am running Windows XP and for some reason, the graphics are freaking out. I also had a bootup issue with the game because it said I needed a CDRom, which I did. But I found a No-CD patch at CFS2's website.

But now if I try to start the game, graphics are missing, there is stuttering and wild psycodellic effects going on, and then the computer freezes and needs a forced reboot.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have tried various graphics settings, from default to maximum settings. Nothing seems to have an effect.

I have an intel core duo, ATI XT Radeon 2600, iMac motherboard, latest ATI drivers. I am thinking the game just doesnt like the ATI card. But maybe there is a way to bypass that?

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Lionheart, Some of the great minds here will help you with your problems. I have a feeling the patch thingy is a no-no here. Hang in there bud, I'm sure some techs will be by shortly1

I found a brand new copy of this sim last year in a store here it runs under the label “ubisoft” I bought it for 10€

-I don’t think MS expected that this sim survived such a long time, I hope once we get a similar sim with up to date features. CFS2 is still my favorite PC game because of the mission builder and the more or less “easy” to create add on, I don’t’ think you will find a similar game where you can fly so much different aircraft.

wolfi

-I don’t think MS expected that this sim survived such a long time, I hope once we get a similar sim with up to date features.

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Rockster234

I always run off the CD

I have always run off the CD.............so I am no help there.

Good place to start........

reinstall and go back to running off CD.........

If that doesnt work...

Which version of Directx3DX are you running......???

I am running 9.12

I forget ......but my machine had trouble with 9c........same issues you are having...

I have a Nvidia card............so no help I am afraid...........

But there have been numerous problems with ATI Radeon........

So someone may help.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockster234 View Post
    I have always run off the CD.............so I am no help there.

Good place to start........

reinstall and go back to running off CD.........

If that doesnt work...

Which version of Directx3DX are you running......???

I am running 9.12

I forget ......but my machine had trouble with 9c........same issues you are having...

I have a Nvidia card............so no help I am afraid...........

But there have been numerous problems with ATI Radeon........

So someone may help.
    Thanks Rockster,

I'll try the DirectX route.

For some reason, the game couldnt find my CDRom drive. Finding the No-CD patch got me around that. From where I found it, I thought it was a Microsoft site. However, I just found the MS site that was for CFS2, so that certainly wasnt the site afterall.

I am paying the price of having waited too long.. arrgh..

I hope they come out with the UbiSoft version of CFS2 soon. I am thinking it will have DirectX improvements to help it run better on modern computers.

Bill

hewman100
    Mention of the patch on the forum is a definite no-no down here. I'm sure your problems can be sorted out by someone though.

Welcome to the Basement Lionheart!

Now you've crossed over there is no help for you, the world of aerial warfare has just opened up and swallowed you whole.

Lionheart

Congrats on finding a copy of CFS2....you won't regret it....best combat sim going bar none.

Off the bat, the No-CD hack is a big no no topic in open forum....it won't get you banned, but it will result in you being force fed really old fruit cake....best to avoid it at all costs.

It may be that your video drivers or DirectX are too new.....I ran CFS2 on an ATI card with no problems, once I found the right driver.

Being familiar with FS9, you will find CFS2 very familiar in many regards. There are differences, like the roughly 100 plane limit...but if you can add paints to a plane in FS9, it's the same thing here in CFS2 world.

Tons and tons of things to make CFS2 look and perform better than how it comes out of the box....but we'll get to that once we get CFS2 running for ya.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

egypt23spitfire
    ...........:ernae:WELCOME BILL:ernae:
    ...........great to see your taking an interest in our beloved senior sim

...........and hope upon hope it will peak your interest to bring your huge talent into modding
    .........(your JU52 stuff is legend down here in bang bang land)

....well enuff said

............ok your prob could be from your overall graphics "hardware acceleration". (desktop right click)
    ............... you could try backin it down a notch or two

..........(had to do that, just to get CFS2 to run on my hot XP PRO machine)

Heh Lion, you have really landed your self in to a trap with CFS2. Welcome to the dunge...er I mean basement....
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Hi all,
    Bill not sure why you are having problems. but i can assure you that CFS2 runs fine on XP,Vista and Windows 7. I am using the latest versions of DX 10 on my Vista install and the stock DX11 on Windows 7 with no problems.
    Try swapping out your ATI card for an Nvidea one. even a cheap Nvidea card today is far better than the cards it was origionally produced for.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Members who have read this thread: 0