FSAddon's Lysander is released !!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSAddon's Lysander is released !!!

Okay thanks. Will see if Chuck has any ideas as to fixing it. I'm off to bed again...... who said the flu was over now !!?????
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    who said the flu was over now !!?????
    Roel Couthino?

I know that if a part has a material assigned to it, like a spec map, and it isn't present within the texture folder, the lighting gets placed on the part opposite to what it should be - for example making the bottom light, and the top dark, during mid-day. This could be what is happening with that section of the engine.

I also noticed that it looks like the cockpit light is on as well in the shot - it could be that it is bleeding out, and affecting that section of the engine.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick C View Post
    The glass doesn't have reflections textured on it, however it is tinted slightly so it doesn't look like there is no glass.

I actually prefer not to have reflections as often they can be over done and also at night they don't look right IMO. Just my two penny worth.
    I would have to agree.

Cheers MarkL

@Bruce..... are you running Windows 7 by any chance ????
    Umbria, Italy

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Congrats Francois and team for the release of the Lysander!

My apologies. I didnt see this thread until just now. Great to see it finally out. The bird looks gorgeous! Job well done!

The ribbing work on the back top of the fuselage is just awesome.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Thanks Bill !
    Umbria, Italy

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    @Bruce..... are you running Windows 7 by any chance ????

Francois

Negative, Vista 64 Ultimate

Bruce
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

Pity. We seem to have a problem with Windows 7 and I was kinda hoping this would fall into that category as well. Have e-mailed the developer and am waiting to chat with him.
    Umbria, Italy

Francois, I'm running Windows 7, 32 bit ultimate if I can help. I hadn't noticed the prop spinner texture issue, but I'm not really all that picky about things like that, most of the time.

I think I have gotten the black screen on exit a couple times and had to go to the Task Manager to stop the FSX process.

Glenn

Hi Guys

that reversed lighting is usually a bump map not formatted correctly

I don't have the model so can't check from here

Regards
    Rick

Chuck will have a look at the mapping. Meanwhile there's a problem with the panel lighting under Windows 7 as well. Problem is, my developer does not have Windows 7, so that makes finding the problem extremely difficult.

Haven't seen black screens, Glenn, but then again, I run the 64-bit version of everything except XP. Maybe that's the reason for that part.

We'll need some R&R first though, and I'll be on the road the next two days. Follow-up after New Year.
    So, Happy New Year already !

Francois
    Umbria, Italy

I'll try and finish/ upload my last two repaints tomorrow..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Hello one and all , hope your holiday was pleasant .

Thanks for the suggestions about the shadows being reversed , in this case the original model had " toolbar " mirror modifiers used all over and were a source trouble in a number of locations , the majority of them Jan Kees and i managed to sort out and the prop hub seems to have slipped through the cracks unfortunately.

The panel lighting issue under W7 is what i could use some reports about, a brief summation of what is seen or not , if they work when the L key is used and if they are seen in the exterior only , being that its all default code and .cfg effects there is nothing that stands out as a cause so i could use a few clues .

Many thanks , C Jodry for FSAddon

Probably should post this on the FSAddon forums, but I digress. I have a panel lighting issue (hope this is the same one others are getting?). Basically, the panel lights don't work. Francois helped me to make sure I was doing it correctly, but I have spent quite a bit of time trying to get it to work. On that note however, I am not using W7, but rather Vista 64 at this point.

Corei7 920 overclocked to 3.8GHz
    BFG Tech Nvidia 8800GTX w/ 768 MB VRAM (last driver update 1 month ago)
    6MB (3x2MB) Corsair Dominator DDR3 RAM at 1600MHz
    EVGA X58 SLI mobo
    Vista Ultimate 64 with latest updates

... and that should about do it.

Last, thanks Francois for the present! I really like this bird

Exclamation

Latest news on the panel lights: Chuck found that three effect files have gone missing in the initial install, or rather got stuck in the wrong folder. This MIGHT be the issue! I can't test it because I have packed my PC's ready for the trip to France tomorrow o'dark early.

If you want to try, please do!

Look in the SimObjects/Aircraft/Lysander-SO/Effects folder.
    Copy the three effects files found there AND the texture files to the main FSX/Effects folder.
    Test it.

????????????
    Umbria, Italy

Didn't quite escape.
    Most illuminating.

Yes - copying/moving the contents of the Effects folder (including the texture folder, not just the .fx files) from the aircraft directory to the FSX/Effects folder solved the issue.

Thanks gents!

Found it first day...I like to have a rummage through the folders of new aircraft...to see what I've got
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Yes. I must have missed it with testing because I installed so many different versions before already. So basically the files were in two places on all of my test PC's. Urghs....
    Umbria, Italy

Yup. Quick and dirty, and it fixed it. Cheers!

I just uploaded these two:

Happy flying!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks Jan Kees. Not much snow here in the mountains, so maybe I get around working on the Lizzie website after all......
    Umbria, Italy

Latest news: work on FLAK Effects and Search Lights effects is progressing too.... and some other goodies we have in store for a follow-up to the Lizzie package..... stay tuned :-)
    Umbria, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    Hello one and all , hope your holiday was pleasant .

Thanks for the suggestions about the shadows being reversed , in this case the original model had " toolbar " mirror modifiers used all over and were a source trouble in a number of locations , the majority of them Jan Kees and i managed to sort out and the prop hub seems to have slipped through the cracks unfortunately.

The panel lighting issue under W7 is what i could use some reports about, a brief summation of what is seen or not , if they work when the L key is used and if they are seen in the exterior only , being that its all default code and .cfg effects there is nothing that stands out as a cause so i could use a few clues .

Many thanks , C Jodry for FSAddon

Hmm, so is there a fix for mirror modifiers

Panel light effects I just moved and I believe OK

Members who have read this thread: 2