FSD Commander

Thread: FSD Commander

FSD Commander

I'm going to treat myself to an early Christmas present and pickup the Commander 115 this evening after work. Are there any repaints out there anywhere for this one? I haven't been able to find any through my searching.

Darrell

How is it?

I would really like know what you think of it. How is the model? How are the avionics? How is the VC? How are the FPS? Are you glad you bought it?

I hope you enjoy it!!

Blog Entries
    I like everything about it!

Ian.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Does it work OK in FsX? It's not a native FsX model, is it?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

From what I understand, it IS a native FSX model. Bought it last night but then went playing in the snow:ernae: so didn't get a chance to try it. I'll probably do an IFR flight later today using REX weather to play in the snow some more. I'll post back with details. The screenshots on the FSD site do look good though, especially the vc!

Darrell

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Ah, I see! I was thinking about this Commander: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=112a

While you were talking about this one: http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/C115/vx.htm

my bad!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hi guys, I had promised I would post a quick note about the FSD Commander yesterday but had a few technical difficulties that are now resolved I have made a couple quick flights though and can say it is well worth the $$$ in my opinion. If you've been on the fence like I have, go ahead and get it, you won't be disappointed! I'll try to post some screenies later.

Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    I would really like know what you think of it. How is the model? How are the avionics? How is the VC? How are the FPS? Are you glad you bought it?

I hope you enjoy it!!

Hi Clmooring, I like it a lot! The avionics are good, you get a Garmin GNS 480 along with some other goodies, excellent FPS and the exterior model looks like a 115 :mixedsmi: Also there's a maintenance and failure module that, although I haven't had any failures yet, will keep you on your toes

Darrell

me too

I bought it last night. I too had some technical problems. But I have been very impressed with FSD support. It was quick, friendly an effective. It was as good as any I have experienced.

The sound pack was better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    But I have been very impressed with FSD support.
    Me too! They had great communication and got my installation going in no time!

Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Does it work OK in FsX? It's not a native FsX model, is it?
    The Commander 115 TC for Flight Simulator X is a native FSX model. It was not ported over from FS 2004 (and will not work in FS 2004).

Happy Holidays!

It's a great aircraft. Grab it!
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    First, I want to thank FSD for a Beautiful Plane. It is my favorite single engine to fly now. I was amazed at just how detailed this plane is. Check out my screenshots and be sure to select "Full Size", they are 1920x1200 size. There are 14 images starting with 1 VC shot.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...12641883OYnYgE
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

Great shots Old Crow, thanks for sharing!

Darrell

Hi Old Crow.

Might you please tell us how you got the extra repaints for the FSD Commander 115TC? (They look like paints for the FS2004 version.)

Thanks,
    Mike
    -Mike

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Mike, I only had one paint scheme after installing the Commander. I knew that there had to be a way to get the others, so I started searching around and found that under "Downloads" selecting "Commander 115TC Version 2" then clicking on "Installer Download" you get the option of downloading the 1 paint installer or the 9 paint installer. Why it is not offered at time of purchase...I don't know. I am just glad I was able to find it. I was really disappointed to find only one paint in the Commander Aircraft Folder. All is good now.
    Hope this helps.

Edit: Here is the page where I found the 2 separate installers....... http://www.fsd-international.com/Download/C115V2.htm
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

Thanks so very much. I missed that second installer all together--as might a few other customers. The new FSX version seems an excellent aircraft, really first class, so its a treat to have additional paint options. Much appreciated, OC.

Mike
    -Mike

Members who have read this thread: 1