Mods - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mods

harleyman
    Darn I need some VC...Thats great looking

Mason, get the Cockpit mod from here.... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254635
    Make a mod folder in your TC folder.

Now once you have the Cockpit mod, extract the contents to the mod folder of TC.... bingo, you not have cockpits. Warning..... they do cut down on the view of your surroundings. If you do not like the new cockpits, all you need to do is delete the files from the mod folder.

But be careful and know which files are for a specific mod, if you have more than one installed in the mod folder.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Mike, what's up with the Plugin Mgr-Installer v2.12 not being able to add mods to X3TC. I get this when trying to install the X3TC Apicot Salvage mod v2.3... Unable to locate X3.exe/X2.exe. It's fine installing into Reunion, and neither X3R or X3TC have an X2.exe in them.

I have installed the Apricot_Salvage_Mod_v1.1 into X3R, but it's the wrong sim for it. I need to get X3TC-Apricot-Salvage-Pack-v2.3 into TC but can't using the plugin mgr. I am :isadizzy: from trying. These are the selfinstalling mods that work thru the plugin mgr-installer. I believe they aren't meant to be used as a fake patch or copied into the mods folder...if I'm correct on this.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Mike, what's up with the Plugin Mgr-Installer v2.12 not being able to add mods to X3TC. I get this when trying to install the X3TC Apicot Salvage mod v2.3... Unable to locate X3.exe/X2.exe. It's fine installing into Reunion, and neither X3R or X3TC have an X2.exe in them.

I have installed the Apricot_Salvage_Mod_v1.1 into X3R, but it's the wrong sim for it. I need to get X3TC-Apricot-Salvage-Pack-v2.3 into TC but can't using the plugin mgr. I am :isadizzy: from trying. These are the selfinstalling mods that work thru the plugin mgr-installer. I believe they aren't meant to be used as a fake patch or copied into the mods folder...if I'm correct on this.

Gary,

This was happening to me too. Go to Settings and adjust for X3TC.

I guess the scripts for R and TC are totally different.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Bill, I've tried and tried but comes up the same everytime... Unable to locate X3.exe/X2.exe. Looks like time to uninstall the manager.
    Gary -

And that didn't work either. :isadizzy:
    Gary -

I will have to look around to find it, but the short anser to your problem is the 2.12 Plug in manager is for Reunion, it does not work with Terran Conflict, - at least I have not been able to get it to work with X3TC. There is a beta version that works with Terran Conflict and I downloaded it and had some other funky issues so I went the Fake Patch route and have had no problems. Just for reference I installed the AMS Mod and the Cockpit mod in the same game folder using the fake patch method and all is fine, it does include all of the Cycrow scripts and they work just fine, no need to use the Plugin Mgr.

I am thinking back but if I recall what I did precicely it went like this;

1) extract the completed AMS Mod to a temp folder on C:
    2) make a complete copy of the X3 Terran Conflict Folder - I did this inside the Ergosoft folder so ther are two there now, I added -Copy to the second game folder.
    3) copy the extracted files and folders into the Ergosoft folder so it updated all of the files inside my original game folder, then I added -AMS to the folder name, and removed the -Copy from the other so I have 2 games 1 modded 1 vanilla.
    4) next go into the AMS folder and set-up the fake patch using the .cat and .dat files you will find that are inside the mods folder and the cockpits .cat, .dat files if they are there.
    5) navigate to the main X3 Terran Conflict Folder again and locate the X3TC.exe file and send a short cut to the desktop (Right Click, --> Send To, --> Desktop (Create Shortcut), now use the new shortcut to start you modded game and the original to start the vanilla.
    6) I also did a backup of the Save Games folder in my documents and deleted the Vanilla saves before I started the Modded game, that part is a PITA, having to copy saves back and forth but it works, the other way I am doing it now is Saves 1-5 are for Vanilla Games, 6-10 are for AMS, which is easier as long as I do not save in the wrong slot - which I will do sooner or later...lol

If you have real problems with this let me know I can write this up in more detail and add screen shots, this is just a quick & dirty description but hopefully it will do.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Thanks for that Mike. I'll give it a try.

I didn't realise the plugin was for just Reunion. I tried and tried and tried to get it to work with TC, till I was blue in the face. LOL I really thought I'd broken something.... I'm glad to find out I didn't. Tho somebody needs to make a plugin for TC.... just for dummies like me.
    Gary -

Bill and Mike, I've got it fixed. Stupid me was trying to us the Plugin Manager with Reunion having a mod in it, and being renamed. That's the key... don't rename the Reunion folder. Did a fresh Reunion install and the Plugin Manager now works. I've even got the Firefly installed now. :d
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Good to hear Gary.

Whats the Firefly handle like? Looks like they did one heck of a great job on it.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Haven't tried it yet Bill. I got it all back togther lastnight and Firfly installed, posted my results and went to bed. LOL Just getting ready to give a go in a bit, after I go out and clear off some of the snow we got this morning from the diveway and steps.... only a couple of inches darn it. Just enough to cover things and make it all white again. I want more........
    Gary -

I was in the IL2 forum a few mionutes agao and one of the guys was telling the this neat little program will install mods into IL2. It's the same program that we use for SilentHunter III and Iv to install mods.

I haven't tried it yet but have been thinking about it. Not sure if it's compatable as it's supposed to work with many sims out there. This is the newest version, Nov 2009, available to download..... http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/sof...cts-jsgme.html

If someone wants to try it out let us know if it works for X3. I'm going to give it a go but it won't be for a few days. Nice thing about it is is simplicity for installing and removing a mod, and won't corrupt the sim it's installed in.

Directions are included in the installation exe. Enjoy..... hopefully.
    Gary -

Thanks GT, I was looking at that in the Silent Hunter forum myself and was thinking of trying it, I have just installed it and will give it a go in the morning - stay tuned...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Mike a much better place is the SubSim forums..... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php

I haven't been there in awhile but those guys can do things for SHIII and IV you wouldn't believe. The new SHV coming out should be the best of all. Happy New Year.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Man.. SH1 and SH2 were some of my faves. I played those things for hours on end. What was cool in SH1 Officers Edition was that you could sit on the ocean floor, and they wouldnt detect you. Also, you could expell debris and oil to cause the destroyers to possibly leave you alone.

Great fun.

I couldnt get into SH4. It took too long to get to waypoints, and fast forward usually grounded me on an island that I didnt catch in time. Awesome graphics though. Amazing games.

What a long ways since the first U-Boot sub game from years and years ago, what was it called.... arghh.. Wolves of the Deep?

You should have tried SHIII Bill. The only bad thing about it tho was Starforce being in it. UBI did away with it in SHIV after we made such a stink over it. Hopefully V will be without it too.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    You should have tried SHIII Bill. The only bad thing about it tho was Starforce being in it. UBI did away with it in SHIV after we made such a stink over it. Hopefully V will be without it too.
    I had them all! :d

The 'nazi-ism' of SHIII didnt sit well with me though. For some reason, I just couldnt play it. The bootup screen in red with the swastika kept freaking me out, lol.... Maybe if I could somehow change that, I could play it a bit more.

For some reason, I have always loved U-Boots, as a technology and all. But SH3 for some reason caused something inside to click.

Sounds crazy.. I know.. I guess I live a sheltered life.

Bill

They do have different boot-up screens for SHIII Bill. Some pretty nice ones too, and I believe a few without the swastika. But you'd have to search for them over at SubSim. I'm not sure but I might have a couple stashed away in all my saved SHIII mods..
    Gary -

Scratchin My head and Wondering.......

Ok... I've been all over in different sectors looking but can't find the Best Buy/Sell software for my ship. I've looked from Argone Prime all the way to Family Whi, at every Trading Station, Equipment Dock and Shipyard to be found. It's not to be had anywhere.

And with this install of the Apricot Salvage Mod I've not seen a ship yet to grab. Yeah, it's installed correctly in the Plugin Manager and enabled. The command to salvage a ship is even there. Could it be I started with Quick Start and not as a Humble Merchant? Quick Start gives you more credits at the start, that's the reason I went that route.

Now the very first time I installed it it worked. I was at Cloud Base SW and saw several derect ships to salvage but couldn't because the Salvage command wasn't there.
    Gary -

Ok... I've been all over in different sectors looking but can't find the Best Buy/Sell software for my ship. ...
    What Gigabyte said below!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Marlin, if you are having problems locating anything in the game I strongly suggest getting the X3 Map by Scorp, it is a standalone map program that has an excellent search feature that will tell you where anything you want/need can be found. You can download the program here - http://www.suu-design.com/downloads.html. The other neat thing about this mapping program is you can configur it so that it only displays sectors that you have already discovered in game so it does not add a cheat factor. Having said that I always found that it is a little unrealistic to not have access to a complete map, after all in real life you can purchase a map for anywhere you are going and have it for reference so why should you not have that ability in the game? Regardless this mapping program is an excellent add on and I highly recommend it.

Oh and a quick tip on the Best Buy/Sell locators, they are designed to help make "Profit" right so they have to be made and sold by Teladi - "It's all about the Profits" for them, they kind of remind me of the Frengi from SNG.

Regarding your rep with some races, yes if you trade with a race it will improve your reputation with that race, it will not be easy if they are your enemy now they will not allow you to dock to make trades, however if you go to sectors that do not have "Core level" security, you may be able to adjust the "Friend or Foe" status - which is not a cheat, it is in the General commands menu, to start trading with stations and repairing your good name. BTW if I recall the only races that you should P.O. in the story line are the Pirates and the Xenon, so you may have gotten a little trigger happy in a mission or two and that will be a challenge to repair the relations with "unfriendlies".
    [/QUOTE]

Ok... I've been all over in different sectors looking but can't find the Best Buy/Sell software for my ship. I've looked from Argone Prime all the way to Family Whi, at every Trading Station, Equipment Dock and Shipyard to be found. It's not to be had anywhere.

And with this install of the Apricot Salvage Mod I've not seen a ship yet to grab. Yeah, it's installed correctly in the Plugin Manager and enabled. The command to salvage a ship is even there. Could it be I started with Quick Start and not as a Humble Merchant? Quick Start gives you more credits at the start, that's the reason I went that route.

Now the very first time I installed it it worked. I was at Cloud Base SW and saw several derect ships to salvage but couldn't because the Salvage command wasn't there.
    OK GT182, as for the abandined ships it might be the quick start, I did not use that one I started with the Appricot Mapping Services Start, so that could be your problem. I hate to say this but you may need to try starting fresh with that just to test it to be sure. You can just do a fresh start and zip around a few sectors to see if there are any ships to claim, it will not effect any of you save games so you can return without loosing anything as long as you do not save over them. I guess one other clue would be do you recall getting a message at your first start to save your game and reload for the AMS Mod to activate?

The other thing about abandoned ships is they are not always obvious, when you go to a sector bring up the sector map and scroll through the list of ships, any ship that does not have a compant or race listed infront of the ship name is up for grabs, most of the time they are way off the beaten track so you have to scout outside the normal traffic to find them and some are WAY out there, as in off the grid, so patrol some.

Regarding the Best Buy/Sell software you need to get to Teladi Space, most of their equipment docks and trading stations have that upgrade.

If all else fails you may need to restart with the AMS start, and BTW if you do you get a good fleet of ships and the freighters are already equiped to do Sector trading with evrything you need.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got Scorp's map Bill. That is the greatest map I've seen of any you can get.

Mike, I did start over... saved my saves to a storage folder so I can get them back in if need be. I didin't see the Apricot Mapping Services start.... I don't think that's installed yet. So that could be my problem, I'll check and let you know.
    Gary -

I've got Scorp's map Bill. That is the greatest map I've seen of any you can get.

Mike, I did start over... saved my saves to a storage folder so I can get them back in if need be. I didin't see the Apricot Mapping Services start.... I don't think that's installed yet. So that could be my problem, I'll check and let you know.

Go to the bottom of the menu the AMS start is under "Custom" it is a seperate page...

BTW if you would like them I have found a list of the stations that sell the Best Buy loactor, but I will hold off posting it unless you specifically want it.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok Mike, it looks like that Save00 was the problem.

In Continue I now have:
    Cloud Base SW
    Julian - 03/13/2007
    Ship - Apricot Gunbus
    Account - 10,000,000Cr ...... man it's nice to start out rich. LOL

I think I've struck paydirt. My thanks Mike. :ernae: This is for you.

Now a question... or two.

Can the Apricote Gunbus Mos v3a be installed and not mess things up? Slice says "Unzip download file to X3 directory". Just extract it right to the main X3 folder and all will go where it's supposed to? I hope.

I do have a 10 Cat and Dat files in the X3 folder already. He says copy it out and then install Gunbus. Then change 10 Cat and Dat to 11 Cat and Dat and copy back in. Correct?

Hey, I'm still learning. So that's why the dumb a$$ questions for confirmation. I don't want to mess this up, and it'll help the new players too, cause I'm sure there's some still scratchin their heads just like me.
    Gary -

10,000,000Cr ...... man it's nice to start out rich. LOL

Now a question... or two.

Can the Apricote Gunbus Mos v3a be installed and not mess things up? Slice says "Unzip download file to X3 directory". Just extract it right to the main X3 folder and all will go where it's supposed to? I hope.
    GT, there should be no need to download the Gunbus, if you are running the AMS Mod 2.11 or later the Gunsbus is already included, it is part of the AMS Fleet. If you do not already have one, you can buy it at the Apricot Mapping Service Shipyards, there is one in Argon Prime, Legends Home and another in Esylum of Light, I am sure there are others but those are the three I have used.

Keep in mind the AMS 3.11 and 3.2update are complete they include all of the AMS scripts and additional ships, you only need the one download to get everything. The other downloads were released over time and are sill avaliable for those who want to pick and choose.

MP
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]