HU Messerschmitts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HU Messerschmitts

SOH-CM-2024
    Done the same OBIO, before you. I don't like Torrent downloads to begin with, so I ran a full spybot too. Anything out of Russia is suspect unless it has a Russian developer's name on it and I wouldn't trust that lest I was sure. Ickie listed all of China on his list, maybe he should add Russia too.

Caz

Heard back from Avsim.ru today:

>Michael,

>Thank you for reporting. The file was deleted. We apologize for inconvenience.

And many thanks Tim (OBIO), for calling attention to this in the first place.

Mike

JMHO --- I would think that there would be a few more "controls" in place on a website that offers freeware downloads. AVSIM-RU is a good outfit, (I think) but this is not the first time that payware has shown up there, offered as freeware. I'm glad that I read far enough into this thread. I have the Flight Replicas BF-109's as well as the Me-262, both bought and paid for... and after seeing some of the screenies posted of the BF-109 here, there was something definately amiss.

Thanks OBIO, and others for quickly pointing this out.

PS -- I don't think that banning Russia from the rest of the Flight Sim Community is the answer. Alot of good freeware stuff comes from AVSIM-RU. Again -- just my thoughts.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Russian sorry, but 99% of the time, tis so.

Caz
    I can hardly imagine that this can be said of all Russians! This is no place for such a statement. It is generalizing and offending.

Cees

Cees, knowing Caz, I personally don't think he meant offence to Russians in general. It's just a matter that today, many, many of the "iffy" internet occurances seem to originate there.

Avsim.ru demonstrated their concern by immediately removing the offending files when notified. I use them often. My one and only concern with their site vis-a-vis piracy is that they seem to allow copies of various magazines and "profiles" to be posted which I consider a copyright violation.

Having said that, I have little or no experience with current Russian laws, so I don't know what applies or doesn't over there.
    Matt

Russian sorry, but 99% of the time, tis so.

Caz
    Cazzie,

I think you have thieves in every country, some of them are in prison.......

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Cazzie,

I think you have thieves in every country, some of them are in prison.......

Cheers,
    Huub
    No, I am being sarcastic as usual. I'm old and crusty, HD would know of what I am speaking.

But it is a pity that most times when one of these show up, they are on a Russian site with a Torrent download. Only the Lord knows what could be found on a crackwarz usernet site. Me, uh-uh, I don't go there; ever, never ever.

No offense Cees, it's me being sarcastic. I have Irish genes, you know and we are not prejudice, we hate everybody!

Caz

Well, maybe one good thing has come from this act of piracy. On my part, after seeing the quality of this model, I'm making it a point to acquire the full G package! Oh Wifey, how's about I polish up your Credit Card so it's nice and shiny! (Hmmmm wouldn't order X3, maybe if I say it's a life or death thing, lolol)
    Matt

No, I am being sarcastic as usual. I'm old and crusty, HD would know of what I am speaking.
    Most of us have a respectable age here so most of us should be familiar with these emotions :d.

But who is the criminal, the owner of the site or the person who uploaded the payware?

There might be valid reasons this happens more on Russian sites, like language problems, or unfamiliarity with particular payware. However I can recall several occasions when the major "Western" flightsim sites had payware in their libraries as well.

The problem is you can't know and can't recognise everything. When somebody would give me somthing made by a company like FSD or Carenado, stating it was freeware, I would most probably not recognise it, as I'm just not familiar with their models.

A bit less grumpy and a less old Huub

PS Aeronca1, you won't regret the purchase.

Z-PurpleBubble
    Looking at it more positively: this community is so big and can be found all over the internet that a lot of these blatant acts of piracy can be found out and reported!

isn't that a nice thought for the holliday season??

Merry Xmas and happy new year everybody!!! :ernae:

SOH-CM-2024
    The good part of this is, as aeronca1 says, after seeing how good the package is, I am coining up for the full deal.

And yes, I think places like SOH has been very good at finding pirated payware and reporting the stinkers. And AvSim.ru has the gumption to delete the file from their records.

Caz

Yes indeed, it's good work of the general sim community is that keeps many of us developers going!

Thanks everybody!

Mike

Cerberus
    Hope those pirates are stopped.

stoney71
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Yes indeed, it's good work of the general sim community is that keeps many of us developers going!

Thanks everybody!

Mike

It's good to see the system works...sometimes

Members who have read this thread: 0