Hawker Heroes

Thread: Hawker Heroes

Hawker Heroes

Just bought First Class Simulations Hawker Heroes which, with a couple of reservations, I can heartily recommend. It's worth buying if only for the superb Fury, shown in 5 different paint schemes, a brilliant cockpit and VC, and faultless flight characteristics. Not overjoyed with the engine sound, so if anyone knows of the existence of a RR Kestrel sound file, or very similar, I would be grateful to hear of it. At the moment I'm using an early Merlin sound in place of the default. ( Can I drop hints here to Lawdog or OBIO)?
    My main issue is with the VC on the Typhoon; the glass is far too opaque and this is not helped by a very dark prop texture. I have already e-mailed FCS, so perhaps they may have an answer. The good news is that a version of the Typhoon proudly carries my initials on it's fuselage!!
    Anyone else out there with any comments.

I've been eyeing this up for ages now, one day they will be mine. As for Kestrel sounds, I had the same difficulty and same solution as yourself when I was converting the Miles Master by Ted Cook to CFS2.

The glass should be an easy fix, Alpha channel and/or adjust materials. The prop too, either suplant a Banana Bob one in or adjust the alpha channel. Would love to help you out, but as I said, I don't own it yet.

Jamie

If it is any help the Kestrel is a slightly softer note than the Merlin. Similar to the difference in the other direction between the Merlin and the Griffon.

But then with the power differences that is probably only to be expected.

Try this for size, I think I was there the day this was recorded (besides I turned up my Dark Side of the Moon LP the other day).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZlxf...eature=related

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Sorted the prop issue out by substituting the original with the prop texture from Dave Hanvey's TempestVI which is much more acceptable. Unfortunately I don't have any software on my machine to enable me to adjust or tweak any textures. Hopefully FCS may come up with a fix.
    To anyone else out there considering buying this add-on, it's worth the price, in my opinion, just for the Fury which in my book is worth the term "definitive", and I say that with due deference to Ted Cook's excellent range of Hawker bi-planes.
    Regards
    David

If its any help I used Ted Cooks Fury as a base for my Fairey Fox, which included the sounds pack from his model (used with permission) which was a kestrel ,l couldn't tell you the diff between a merlin and a kestrel, but the soundpack from that fury was brilliant. It's in the outhouse library, and the reason my plane is such a huge download.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK