Which FTX AU Should I Start With?

Thread: Which FTX AU Should I Start With?

Which FTX AU Should I Start With?

<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I'm new to writing threads so please be patient with me. After purchasing Tongass X , I want more scenery.I love to fly mountains , tropics , and deserts. I've been reading the reviews of the OrbX's FTX AU Green, Red ,Blue,and Gold and can't decide which ONE to start with. Or, is this the best direction to go, after Tongass? I would appreciate everyone's opinions.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Blue.

Regards,
    Ian.

Thank' Ian .Happens to be my favorite color.

though I personally like red, I do think blue is a better start.
    and yes, the right way to go, I fly almost exclusively in Oz nowadays.
    mind you, PNW should make a nice addition to Tongass...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by thisizma View Post
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(209,209,225); COLOR: rgb(209,209,225)" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I'm new to writing threads so please be patient with me. After purchasing Tongass X , I want more scenery.I love to fly mountains , tropics , and deserts. I've been reading the reviews of the OrbX's FTX AU Green, Red ,Blue,and Gold and can't decide which ONE to start with. Or, is this the best direction to go, after Tongass? I would appreciate everyone's opinions.

Thanks.
    Blue!

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I'd have to agree. Blue. However if you feel you are highly likely to get the other regions, then I would strongly recommend you bite the bullet, go the whole hog, and purchase the DVD.

Cheap? Definitely not. Worth it? Absolutely. FTX is incredible. My favorite FSX scenery package, next to Tongass Fjords. Check out the numerous reviews, screenshots and video's. You won't be disappointed. Available here:

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_i...oducts_id=2136
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

did we mention the free Tasmania demo? Try that, and you'll be hooked...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

the whole east coast can give you what your after, sadly all 4 packs cover it,

my preference is green since i live in the tropics, as it covers mountain ranges, and the barren red dirt areas up north and it has the better coast lines and this time of yr we normally get wild weather with massive storms and high winds and heaps and heaps of rain which make it fun to fly

after that i would say gold would be my next choice then red

i dont normally fly around blue as its a pretty bland for me

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    did we mention the free Tasmania demo? Try that, and you'll be hooked...
    Yes! That's what got me interested in FTX, or is it OrbX? I get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by thisizma View Post
    Yes! That's what got me interested in FTX, or is it OrbX? I get confused.
    ftx is the product and orbx is the company

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    the whole east coast can give you what your after, sadly all 4 packs cover it,

my preference is green since i live in the tropics, as it covers mountain ranges, and the barren red dirt areas up north and it has the better coast lines and this time of yr we normally get wild weather with massive storms and high winds and heaps and heaps of rain which make it fun to fly

after that i would say gold would be my next choice then red

i dont normally fly around blue as its a pretty bland for me
    This is why I love SOH.Please keep sending me your opinions. After all, this is really my first post ever and I have valued everyone's thoughts on this forum for quite a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    ftx is the product and orbx is the company
    Thank's Matt

MCDesigns
    Great topic, wish I had asked before I bought the Gold region, LOL. I based my decision on what addon airports I wanted and where they were located and gold was the winner. Guess I need to get Blue now!

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Great topic, wish I had asked before I bought the Gold region, LOL. I based my decision on what addon airports I wanted and where they were located and gold was the winner. Guess I need to get Blue now!
    Mike, don't forget to get the OZx freeware stuff, as it adds a HUGE amount of airfields within the AU Gold Region! (If you don't have it already!)
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Hi guys, some input for you:

- For the most diversity in terms of mountains, climate (snow in winter), coastlines - AU BLUE
    - For the highest concentration of Orbx's addon airports - AU GOLD
    - For beautiful tropical areas and some lovely coastal hinterland - AU GREEN
    - For the outback - AU RED (downside, no Orbx airports yet)

For the whole echilada (and a 25% saving + a free payware airport), get all of AU on DVD.

Always grab the most excellent OZx freeware, it's a must-have for FTX.

If it were me purchasing Orbx gear for the first time? - AU GOLD - a no-brainer - highest concentration of both payware and freeware addon airports in that region.
    Cheers,
    John

The great thing about threads like this is you hear of other products other than the one mentioned in the topic.FS Addon's Tongass Fjords has been spotted a few times and has been looked upon favorably by those who have it.This may be a great addition to FTX's Pacific North West which looks like it will be "The Holy Grail" of scenery for the United States/Canada.
    Thanks for your opinions
    Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

O.K. Dang... is it Blue or Gold. I can't decide. Perhaps I should wait for what PNW has to offer. But I also want some tropical as well. After all, it's December here in FL and it's around 75 degrees.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by koorby View Post
    Hi guys, some input for you:

- For the most diversity in terms of mountains, climate (snow in winter), coastlines - AU BLUE
    - For the highest concentration of Orbx's addon airports - AU GOLD
    - For beautiful tropical areas and some lovely coastal hinterland - AU GREEN
    - For the outback - AU RED (downside, no Orbx airports yet)

For the whole echilada (and a 25% saving + a free payware airport), get all of AU on DVD.

Always grab the most excellent OZx freeware, it's a must-have for FTX.

If it were me purchasing Orbx gear for the first time? - AU GOLD - a no-brainer - highest concentration of both payware and freeware addon airports in that region.
    What John said. You won't regret it.

The good thing with the OZx freeware airports is it teaches you to fly by the seat of your pants. Most of the flying is low and slow with a stopwatch and compass. But it is heaps of fun. And there are over 300 free airports!!!

Cheers
    Pat

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    One other point Thisizma, it's well worth downloading all Ant's Aussie Airports (I think they are available on Simviation they really are good.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Regards,
    Ian.

but then again if you really dont have long term plans to fly around down here, just stick it out and wait for PNW which isnt far off

Thanks everyone. Time to make a decision, a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    One other point Thisizma, it's well worth downloading all Ant's Aussie Airports (I think they are available on Simviation they really are good.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Regards,
    Ian.
    Good info. I will.
    Thank you!