Free Miles Magister this weekend - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Miles Magister this weekend

SOH-CM-2024
    How is Bob? Hope this finds him well.

I'll take a look at that propblur, but it'll have to be later today, I am headed to chapel Hill for a HS state championship football game at 11:00 between Reidsville and Newton-Conover.

Caz

SOH-CM-2024
    Heading out the door for a cold football game. Try the propblur attached below for this, let me know.

Caz

Please guys where is the bloody installation Key? please help!!!!

I know its free and I'm grateful to the guys at FCS for this (I bought and enjoy the Wimpie and I'm seriously considering the Lanc) but this installation key thing is getting ridiculous.... all I get is an order number and (free of charge) in brackets...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good hunting lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair 14F View Post
    Please guys where is the bloody installation Key? please help!!!!

I know its free and I'm grateful to the guys at FCS for this (I bought and enjoy the Wimpie and I'm seriously considering the Lanc) but this installation key thing is getting ridiculous.... all I get is an order number and (free of charge) in brackets...
    Same problem here.............

NC

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Heading out the door for a cold football game. Try the propblur attached below for this, let me know.

Caz
    ThX Caz, you're a prince dude!!! :ernae:

CheerZ mav

<div_prefs></div_prefs>

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Henry, first you need to register as a customer at their shop, and then you will need to go through the same steps as you would if you'd buy an aircraft. The Miles is listed on page 2 of the military section. Somewhat complicated, but it's free!
    I have registered and still cannot find the Magister at their site. Did they give them all away?
    John
    ATC USN Ret

SOH-CM-2024
    Corsair and Chief: when you get to your Order Information page, all is blank white on white, hit Ctrl - A to highlight all and your key will show up.

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by cazzie View Post
    corsair and chief: When you get to your order information page, all is blank white on white, hit ctrl - a to highlight all and your key will show up.

Caz
    thanks!

Nc

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    I have registered and still cannot find the Magister at their site. Did they give them all away?
    Okay, now I got it...downloaded okay. But what kind of file is it...how do I extract the files?
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Okay, now I got it...downloaded okay. But what kind of file is it...how do I extract the files?
    Make it an executable file by adding .exe to the file name. After you have done that the First Class Simulation icon will become visible.

It is not just the alphas from the propeller texture. there is an issue with the animation of the propeller in FSX as well.

As I have both Tex Cook's as the FCS Magister installed I can easily compare them.

Ted has made three different versions, an early version with wheel skirts a early war trainer version and a late war trainer version. The model looks very accurate in shape and has the correct working flaps. Ted uses very small size textures, which is is good for framerates, but looks less good as the currently used large size textures.

The FCS Magister look great, but doesn't have any flaps. There is one version (Skirts), with two different set of textures. The larger textures look nice and I personally prefer the looks of the VC from the FSC one, which loads better on my machine as well.

I can't really say which one is better. I have a soft spot for Ted's models as he often makes the models other don't bother to do. And I really can't understand why a payware model misses something essential as flaps. Mainly due to the texture size I prefer the external looks of the FCS Magister.
    But why should I make a choice? They are currently both free! When I had to buy the FCS one I would most probably stick with Ted's version. Now I won't make the choice and keep both on my hard disk.

Huub

Here's something current about the e-mail issues with that group...
    http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=263444
    Regards,
    Robert

jordonj
    Where is the frigging download link?!

Never mind, found it!

being a bit of a nay-sayer here, definitely something fishy going on with the e-mail address trawl,
    as I had a reply back from Avsim to the e-mail wot I only used on that (FCS/Simfly) site saying I'd complained about a missing file in the library, which I haven't.

It seems as though their beef with Avsim has taken another turn, mass mailing worm-style?

I know one site I won't be visiting again,no matter how good they say they are.

ttfn

Pete

I've had the Magister since it first came out. Before the patch there was a dint in the fuse and fixing it made the prop a little odd. However if anyone could sort the mad flashing out in vc I'd fly it again.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Didn't quite escape.
    The problem with a lot of the VC is that you are probably looking at the inside of the external model rather than VC components or models. You see the same effect on a number of betas I've been given to play with where the VC hasn't been done/completed yet.

I bought it a while ago as well, intending to use it for AI if nothing else. I've flown it a few times, but not too many to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks for the HU David, I'm convinced I would have missed it without it.

Its not really a model I would have been the first on my purchase list, but it is definitely a great gift!

Huub

Below the Miles in FS2004 (Silver Wings)
    This is Xmas 1939 or 1940

Alex

Sorry to drag this one up again, but has anyone sorted out the prop issue that we know of?
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I think the prop issue is more of an animation rather than a texture problem.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Just me ranting late at night but this is a case when a new thread would have been appropriate. The thread title from 2009 has little to do with the question today.

OK, going back under my rock.
    :ernae: