~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Post ETO IP Games in here!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Post ETO IP Games in here!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roger

The closest I've come to join through all routes is giving me the error for a AvH prefixed planes such as B-17g 80 002.. eto lan 3 aja and 3 ops, etc..

none of which reside in my ETO folder..besides the B-17g which IS there

These planes are ETO... Are you version 1.1 or ver 1.2?

ETO \aircraft folder....

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    These planes are ETO... Are you version 1.1 or ver 1.2?

It's updated to 1.2 as far as I know... I'm re-running the Cumulative Update 1.2.exe DL now to be sure..

and your CFS3 was 3.1a to start with ? ...must have been...

Yes it was.., re-installing 1.20 update atm, will advise.

I might have discovered the problem in the ETOMASTERSTARTUP.bat file, editing the last bit to redirect to my win 7 cfs3eto.exe file.

Nope, even that didn't work (CFS3 crashed when I joined at the Allies/Axis screen) I'm giving up for now... thanks for your help anyway.

Roger that. You were in for bit in a Beau.
    We'll get it sorted! cya!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    Try this IP:angryfir: GRS :angryfir:in the Join Private Game entry.

Start your game in Era 1.

Error messages required

OK I see my buddy DeerHunter can't get in either!

Which plane ?
    YO FIRESTORM

THANKS 4 THE GAME BUD :salute:

NICE FLYING DUDE :salute:

LONG LIVE CFS3

Thanks for helping out DeerHunter, and
    we did see Phenozo for a bit, there.

Everyone must set connection type
    so it won't default to 56K.
    (this will slow down a game!)

Maybe this is the reason?

Excerpted from Tailwind's Windows 7 install fix post :

"WINDOWS 7 64 BIT NOTE

I have Windows 7 64 bit installed. It would not run multi player regardless of the steps performed above and would crash to desktop. Event viewer described an MFC70.DLL error. I browsed and found an old Microsoft article that referred to the same type of issue I was having.

I followed the recommended fix.

Go to main game folder and delete the OLEACC.DLL file. After doing this my game runs fine and I can host and join multiplayer games."

Tuesday Night Dogfight

Tuesday Night Dogfight

Game OFF

ETO v1.2 - ERA 5 - 80%

TS Same IP

Why eat hamburger(stock CFS3) when you could have steak(ETO)!

Good turnout tonight!! Good flying all, see you next week.

Good flying tonight! Thx MTG!

'I pulled right as I got hit by the Wellington,
    then heard a loud explosion!'

Thx to all the guys

THX Warthog Tough Games All
    I think we should try this again.[maybe]

Good job - Player, TeeWub, Firestorm, Warty - - AirPower+BS Ghost we need to get ya fixed up guys and get ya in door! What where your errors?
    BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLINK

Still Holding...

Haven't had the chance to further troubleshoot the multiplayer INOP I've had with ETO 1.2 in the past. I have since deleted the oleacc.dll and will be attempting to join the next session posted here. And also a side note, the ETO 1.3 update is nearing completion and should be released soon.

I do have Teamspeak 2 and 3 installed and I am an old hat at modifying things within CFS, and computers in general. If someone has the time to take to troubleshoot ETO 1.2 Multiplayer with me I'd be most grateful.

Long may you fly ~S~

Exclamation multiplayer

THERE IS INDEED A PROBLEM WITH W7 & ETO TO A
    WINDOWS XP MACHINE RUNNING ETO. MULTIPLAYER W7 TO W7 WORKS IN ETO MULTI. ME AND TDUB HAVE BEEN TROUBLESHOOTING THIS TOO. W7 TO WINDOWS XP REGULAR CFS3 IS OKAY IN MULTI MODE.

:salute:
    W7 64-BIT HOME PREMIUM - AMD QUAD CORE 2.6GHz - 8 GIGS RAM- RADEON HD 4670 1GIG PCI X VIDEO CARD - 640 GB SATA HDD.:salute:

Good Intel

Thanks for that. I do run on a 64-bit Windows 7 platform here.

We should post the Host's Operating System until a fix/workaround can be sorted out then I suppose to alert players as to their compatibility or not.

Do you suspect the oleacc.dll file as being a culprit in this maybe?

Hi

No the oleacc.dll file fixed the hanging and CTD in win7 64 bit and CFS3 multi player.

The miss match problem related to having to set compatibility and run as admin on the CFS3.exe. Doing this in ETO does not seem to fix the problem for users running win7 and connecting to an XP host.

Still a work in progress

:ernae:

TW
    PTO RS MP Missions nights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLMot-_Vik

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Break Through...

Firestorm and I have playtested XP Host to a Win7 guest... with Success!

We also connected a Windows 7 Host to an XP guest and it worked also.

It seems that I was right about the MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat being the culprit afterall.

What I did was :

Create a new .exe named CFS3etoWin7.exe with the Compatibility (to XP SP2) and Priviledge Level as Administrator by copying the old one, etc.

Place it into the ETO 1.2 Expansion's Main Folder

Then I made a new MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat, named MASTERETOSTARTUPwin7.bat with the same properties settings adjusted as stated above.

Next part, is where I think the problem was, is to edit the last line* of that .bat file, to re-direct it to the new Start Up .exe I created.

@ECHO OFF
    CLS
    CALL ETOEraSwapper.bat
    CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer"
    CALL ETOGLSwapper.bat
    START cfs3etoWin7.exe <-------------------------------<<************************************************ *******

Then I placed that new .bat file into ETO 1.20 Expansion Main Folder

Then I created a shortcut to my new MASTERETOSTARTUPwin7.bat by right clicking it and select Send To Desktop (create shortcut).

So it's ugly little icon sits on my desktop, however using it does initiate the Era Swapper and also starts up the ETO game correctly, so...

Windows XP can host ETO for a Windows 7 user, and vice-versa, for multiplayer gaming.

At least we were able to do so using this technique. Hopefully someone with a better understanding of ETO, Windows 7, and whatever else can make use of this information and proof it for what is essential and whatnot to do. I just hit alot of buttons till something worked, lol, jk...

Actually

One last step...

I changed the Target of the "original" CFS3 ETO Expansion desktop shortcut Icon to the new MASTERETOSTARTUPwin7.bat file I created.

So I can probably delete the ugly little icon (shortcut) I created at first to test this out. And if this technique does indeed work for everyone having an issue with XP users hosting ETO games for Windows 7 users, I'll try to create a proper tutorial stickey for the SOH community to reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenozo View Post
    Firestorm and I have playtested XP Host to a Win7 guest... with Success!
    GOOD NEWS

More participants for Tuesday Night Dogfight!

Thank you for taking the time to figure it out!

New Thread For This

ETO for Win7 with WinXP Host

I have tried to clarify my findings and made a step-by-step thread.

When reviewing this I found another entry in the .bat file that may need to be manually edited for Windows 7 users, it is mentioned there also.

When we have this down to a science we might want to notify the developers of ETO Expansion team for inclusion of this information.

Just being able to fly Dragoon missions online was worth the effort!

Thanks again to Tailwind and Firestorm II for their help in debugging.

Tuesday Night Dogfight

Tuesday Night Dogfight

Game Off

ETO v1.2 - ERA 5 - 80%

Hosting With Windows XP

TS Same IP

Why eat hamburger(stock CFS3) when you could have steak(ETO)!

Great Games thanks for joining!, See you next week!

Good Fun

Thanks for hosting Warthog. I'm especially glad to know that the WinXP ---> Win7 ETO Multiplayer issue indeed seems to be solved. I had no problem connecting to you and flying online. Hopefully other people that have had the same problem will be able to join us, especially with ETO 1.30 being released soon.

Since I've had success with two different XP hosts now I will re-link that forum post again here.

ETO for Win7 with WinXP Host

If everyone agrees this is all proper and easy enough to follow we should ask to make it a stickey.

Feel free to check out the new IP game forum over at SOH.net. We should be set up for y'all.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/fo...-CFS3-IP-Games

Members who have read this thread: 0